Status: Finished :D

Stay Away from My Friends

Tony

Mike was spending the day with his girlfriend, and Vic was sick. So I called Jaime and wanted to see if he wanted to hang out. We're the only single guys in the band.
"Hello?" Jaime answered.
"Hola, wanna hang out with me? I'm bored."
"Yeah sure, let me just get dressed."
"Kay, I'll come over to your house."
He agreed and we both hung up and I got in the car and started to drive.
When I got there I was greeted by a shirtless Jaime.
"Whoa, dude, put a shirt on."
Jaime made a face at me and put a shirt on.
"So have you met Vic's girlfriend?" Jamie asked.
"Yeah, she was all over him at the hospital."
"Is she pretty?"
Why would he ask that? Why would he care if she's pretty or not?
"Yeah." What I said surprised me. Did I just say she's pretty? I mean, she is, but it sounds weird coming out of my mouth.
"Uh-oh! I know that face!" Jaime exclaimed, "You like her!"
"What? No! I don't like her! Besides, she's dating Vic. It would be wrong if I like her."
"Whatever man, you're totally starstuck over her! I can tell!"
I threw a pillow at Jaime, he just laughed.
"What do you wanna do?" I asked.
Jaime made a somewhat evil face, "Let us go to Victor's apartment," he answered with a weird voice and accent.
"Um, okay? I'll drive."
When we got in the car Jaime kept asking questions about Emma.
"What color hair does she have?"
"Chestnut."
"Is she like crazy pretty?"
"I don't know! Figure it out for yourself!"
"I saw her before, but I didn't get a good look at her."
I rolled my eyes as we pulled into the parking lot and walked up to Vic's apartment. Jaime just opened the doors-which was very rude-and we saw Vic and Emma making out on the couch.
"Ew! Get a room!" Jaime exclaimed.
"We do have a room, you're the one that barged in!" Vic retorted.
Emma just giggled, while getting up. "You guys need anything?" she asked.
I just shook my head but Jaime decided to help himself to the kitchen. "Hey Tony, come here."
I walked over to the kitchen, "What?"
Jaime dropped his voice so no one else could hear him, "She's gorgeous!"
"Who likes her now?"
"I don't like her, I don't even know her, but if she wasn't with Vic I'd date her."
"Dude!" I whispered/exclaimed.
"Just saying," he shrugged.
I looked over at the couch and Vic and Emma were kissing again.
"So um..." I said, awkwardly, "Whoa! Jaime look at the time! We'd better get going!"
"But you don't even have a watch-" Jaime was interrupted by me pushing him out of the apartment.
"What was that for!?" he asked.
"Why would you say that?"
"Say what?"
"You'd date her if they break up! What if they heard you!?"
"Then so what! What's been wrong with you lately?" And with that, Jaime stormed out of the building.
************************************************************************
I don't like Emma like that, it would be wrong if I did. I mean, Vic's like one of my best friends. But still, Jaime's right about me acting weird. Pushing him? What was that about?
Something deep inside of me told me it was because I didn't want to see Emma and Vic make out. But why would I care? They're dating, it's their apartment, they can kiss if they want. It's not like they're stripping each other in front of us.
And the way Jaime just barged in? That was horrible. I can't believe he'd do that, especially when we weren't invited. But whatever, Jaime is Jaime.
I mean, Emma is gorgeous, but she'd never go for a guy like me, so what's the point in liking her?
It was late, I was tired, so I decided to go to bed.