Status: Finished :D

Stay Away from My Friends

Tony

I woke up by my phone ringing, I reached over to check who it was and it was Vic. "Hello?" I answered.
"Hey, wanna hang out? Emma's shopping with Mike's girlfriend," Vic said.
"Yeah sure."
After about thirty minutes Vic was at my door. "Hey!" he greeted.
"Hey." I walked over to the door and let him in. "So what's up?" I asked.
"Nothing much, but I have to tell you something." Vic looked serious about this.
"Okay."
Vic sat down on my couch and I sat next to him.
"So," he started, "You know how me and Emma told each other we loved each other the night of the accident?" I nodded. "Well, I meant it, and, I really love her, and I want her to know that, I want her to be happy, you know?"
"But what makes you think that she isn't?" I asked.
"Well, her mom keeps pestering her about how since I'm a guy in a rock band all I want is... you know," he paused. "And I don't want Emma doubting my love for her. I want her to know that I really really love her."
"Okay, so what do you need?"
"Okay so last night I was up for a while wondering how I should let her know that I love her, and this crazy idea just came into mind..." he paused, not starting again this time.
"Well what is it?" I asked, excitement kicking in.
"I was thinking of maybe... Pr-proposing..." Vic looked at me with eyes that asked if it was a good idea.
"Oh... You think you're ready for that commitment?" I asked, already doubting this.
"I'm not sure because earlier in the summer Emma told me that she couldn't stay forever, but she hasn't been acting like she has to leave and summer's almost over."
"Well do you really want to marry her?"
"Kind of, I really love her, Tony. I know I probably sound foolish and love-struck but it's true. But I want to know if she feels the same way." Vic looked down at his hands that were in his lap.
"Well, go with your intuition, do you think she loves you?"
"She tells me everyday."
"Well then I'm sure she does, I could tell that night of the accident." I remember the night of the accident like a very vivid dream.
"Well," Vic looked up at me, "Should I?"
"Dude, I think you should just go slower, like, maybe start with a necklace or something."
Vic eased his gaze, "Alright, but come help me pick a nice one out."
I rolled my eyes as we stepped out of the room and into my car. We drove to the first jewelry store we saw, and we walked through the door.
"Hello!" a store clerk said, "What can I help you with?"
"I need to pick out a nice necklace for my girlfriend," Vic answered.
"Ah, what's the occasion?" she asked.
"Our second month anniversary is coming up."
"Aw! Congrats!" she exclaimed. "I'm Tina, and I'll help you pick out a wonderful necklace for your lucky girlfriend!"
Vic smiled, "Alright, thanks." Vic looked at me, "You can go sit somewhere, I don't need you for this now."
"Okay, just don't spend all your money on a necklace," I demanded.
Vic nodded as I went over to a chair and sat down.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a guy he takes forever to pick out a necklace, but he finally found one.
"Let me see it!" I exclaimed.
Vic pulled a crimson jewelry box out of his bag and opened it. The necklace was really pretty, it felt like the movies where the necklace was like shining on your face or something. There was an heart-shaped amethyst crystal surrounded be little diamond studs on a chain.
"Wow Vic," I said, amazement running me over, "That's really pretty."
"I know," he said, pride washing over him, "It was only 150 dollars."
"150 DOLLARS!?!? WHAT DID I TELL YOU VICTOR!?!?" I exclaimed, catching glances from other people.
"Look, it's really cheap compared to the other necklace," Vic said in an unusually calm voice. "And it's not like I don't have the money, I do," he continued. His smile began to grow back, "I mixed our birthstones together! She was born in April so she's a diamond, I was born in February so I'm an amethyst."
I nodded, it was a clever idea, it really was. "Whose idea was it?" I asked.
Vic looked down at his feet. "Tina's," he muttered.
I laughed and punched him playfully in the arm as we walked out of the store and into my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
asdfghjkl; the feels.
This is the necklace>>>>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Oz%2B3zp07L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Isn't it perty??