Status: Finished :D

Stay Away from My Friends

Vic

I was holding Lindsey while playing with her hair. We were lying together on the couch and watching TV, the only noise was the show we were watching.
"Vic?" she asked, breaking the silence between us.
"Yeah?" I answered.
"You're unusually quiet, what's on your mind?" Her eyes were filled with care, she could read me like a book, and she knew that.
"It's nothing," I lied.
"Victor, I know when you're lying to me."
I looked away from her, I didn't want her to know the truth.
"Is it about Tony's girlfriend?"
I looked at her, surprised at the guess. "No," I lied, keeping my eyes from her gaze.
"Vic." She sat up so she was facing me. She put a reassuring hand on my thigh, her eyes looked sad. "I know when you're lying."
I didn't say anything again.
"Do you still love her?"
I shook my head, feeling tears come to my eyes.
"Victor..." her voice trailed off as she pulled me into a tight embrace. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head on her shoulder. I could feel a tear running down my cheek, touching her skin. Lindsey pulled away and looked at me, while still holding my shoulders. "Do you?" she asked again.
I didn't want to tell her the truth, but I didn't want to lie to her. "I don't know," I muttered.
She held me again and whispered in my ear, "Darling you'll be okay."
I pulled away from her grasp and smiled at the reference to the song we recorded not too long ago.
Her eyes started to get sadder, and before I knew it a tear formed in the corners of her eyes, hanging there like a crystal. "Hey," I said reassuringly. I cupped her cheek with my hand and wiped the crystal-like tear away. "Don't cry," I whispered.
"Vic," she paused and looked down at the couch, then back up to me, "I think we need to take a break."
"What?" My eyes got wide, and I felt another tear form.
"I know you still love her, I don't want to be with someone who loves someone else."
I didn't know what to say, so I just gave in, "Okay," I sighed.
"You should start packing your things."
I got up and walked to our-now hers-room. I grabbed my suitcase and started packing my clothes, then all my other things. I grabbed my phone and texted Jaime.
Me: Hey, Lindsey and I broke up, can I stay with you for a while?
Hime: Of course! But why did you guys break up?
Me: I'll tell you when I get there.
Hime: Okay

After everything was packed I walked back downstairs to the living room, suitcase in hand. "Well," I started, "Bye." I waved goodbye and she did the same. I walked out to my car and threw my suitcase in the backseat. I sat in the drivers seat and started to pull out of the driveway and took the road that lead to Jaime's house.
When I got there I grabbed my stuff and knocked on Jaime's door. He answered right away and let me inside.
I told him everything that happened in the past hour.
"I'm really sorry man," he said with a caring tone in his voice.
I just shrugged. "Hey, I'm gonna go to bed." and with that, I walked upstairs to the guest bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates this week! Wooo!