Status: Two-Shot. Dedicated to Gaskarthloveme

Countdown

Time Goes By

Two days, three hours, five minutes and thirteen, twelve… eleven seconds left.[p]
That was it, just that small almost insignificant amount of time until the moment would come. Alex found himself watching the counter on his wrist whenever he had a spare moment. An addiction almost, as if he craved the feeling of knowing that anyone in the area he was, could possibly be his soul mate. Sure the anticipation was a stressful idea that weighed heavily on his mind, but he couldn’t help it. you could say he blamed the scientist that came up with that stupid invention, or the government who forced everyone into has it placed into their arms so that they knew. With one last glance, Alex crawled into bed. Despite his racing thoughts, sleep soon over taking his mind, and laying his thoughts to bed.
Zero days, three hours, one minute and two seconds left.
Alex hadn’t bothered checking on his counter again until Sunday evening. By the time the days were gone, Alex had began to blame his mother for keeping him busy with odd jobs around the house which she gave to him in with the vain hope that he would finally relax. But in reality it didn’t really help at all. All it did was give him less time to prepare. [P]
One hour thirty-two minutes left.[p]

Gazing into the mirror, he studied his caramel eyes that stood out against slightly tanned flesh and eyebrows that didn’t match his hair color in the slightest. Alex ran his straighter through his hair one last time in order to get the last couple of strands perfectly straight. Shrugging he tugged down at the hem of his new found glory shirt, before racing out of his bedroom and downstairs. Shouting a quick goodbye to his mother, he closed the front door, nearly catching his backpack in it. not like it would matter, inside the bag were a couple of battered notebooks, water and a small snack incase he found himself lost in thought.

Humming softly to himself, Alex casually made his way towards the park, glancing around the vast area he sighed. Nodding to himself, he relished the fact that were wasn’t anyone else around as it would make getting to his spot a bit easier without prying eyes. His feet led him towards his hide away. Down past the over growth of tree branches, and along the shore of the lake, was a fairly large cove big enough to fit two. Carefully he lowered himself down the slope. What he didn’t expect was for some skunk haired lanky boy who he hadn’t seen before sitting in his spot.[p]

Eleven seconds left.
Clearing his throat, Alex blushed, glad for the cover of night to hide the color from the stranger. Sitting down he smiled. “I’m Alex.” Was all he could mange before the temptation to check his wrist over powered him once more. His eyes widened as the last couple of seconds ticked away. Raising his gaze, he found himself lost in a pair of big doe eyes, while his company smirked. “I’m Jack, and you must be my soul mate.” Sure what Jack had said was cheesy, but it didn’t stop the butterflies that ripped through Alex’s gut. Slowly they leaned towards each other, capturing each other’s lips in a soft kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, sorry this is shit. I got bored and started writing. Please don't hate me. I also know the ending really really sucks and yeah deal with it, as this is probably the first and the last time I ever write a one-shot. Have a lovely day, comment if you want.