Key to My Heart

Nice To Meet You

I had no idea where I was going. All I knew, was that I didn't want to be anywhere near Chris. I didn't get very far, when I stopped to think about where I could go. I spotted a little coffee shop, one that we had been to before in the past few days, I remembered being there. Ange had suggested we go there. I t was a pretty nice place. I felt something wet land on my forehead. I looked up, and as if on cue, thunder boomed loud and clear. And then, it stared to pour.

I made a run for the cafe door, and once inside, I was filled with the scent of coffee and pastries, the warmth of the place calming me. My eyes were sill leaking, salty tears slipping down my cheeks and mixing with rain water. I took a seat in the back corner of the room. There wasn't many people in here at all, only three or four. I sighed, relaxing into the soft chair.

I tried to rid myself of all thoughts of Chris. It would only upset me more. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake him from my mind. I tried concentrating on the warm inviting scent of coffee. I wasn't very hungry, or in the mood for coffee. I heard small chimes ringing, signaling the entrance of another customer. I didn't look up though, my head hung low, my eyes locked on the table.
I heard the person speak to the cashier, placing his order.

Then, there was silence, and I had a strange feeling that I was being watched. That's silly though, who would bother looking at me for more than ten seconds? I didn't even hear anyone come up to me, so I was startled when he spoke to me.

“Hello there.”

I looked up, my eyes meeting his light brown eyes. They were so pretty, a caramel like shade, almost golden. He looked slightly concerned, and I wondered why. It was then that I remembered I had just been crying. I probably looked awful.

“Why so glum, bad day for you, eh?”

His accent was as alluring as it was cute.

“Umm, you could say that.”

He smiled at me.

“Mind if I join you?”
“Not at all.”

He sat down across from me.

“I'm Allan. Allan Cotterill. But I like to be called Jeremy.”

He held out his hand.

“I'm Ricky. Ricky Olson.”

I shook his hand. It was soft, yet felt more masculine than mine.

“Nice to meet you Ricky.”

I took my hand out from his, and he propped his elbows on the table, resting his chin on his palms.

“So, are you going to tell me what's go you so down?”

I looked down, biting lightly on my bottom lip.

“Its alright, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.”

I looked back up at him with sad eyes.

“My boyfriend broke up with me.”

He placed his hand over mine.

“I know how you feel. I went through a rough break up too, about a month ago. It was for the best though, he was sort of an ass.”
“I'm sorry to hear that.”

He shrugged.

“Its alright, I'm over it now. It gets better as time passes, I promise.”
“I hope you're right.”

We sat in silence for a moment. I had just realized his hand was still on mine. Apparently he noticed too, because he removed it quickly, a hint of red gracing his cheeks.

“Would you like something? Coffee maybe?”
“No, that's alright.”

The cashier called him over to get his coffee, and he got up going over to the counter. He returned with a steaming cup of coffee, placing it on the table in front of him.

“So tell me about yourself, you seem pretty interesting.”

I smiled for what seemed like the first time in months.

“Well, I'm in a band called Motionless In White.”
“Really? I'm in a band too. Its called Snow White's Poison Bite.”
“That's a cool name.”

He smiled brightly.

“Thank you.”
“Where are you from? Your accent is beautiful.”

He blushed some more looking down at his hands.

“Finland.”
“Oh, wow, it must be beautiful there.”
“It is.”
“Do you miss being there?”
“Sometimes, but I do like it here too.”

He looked up at me through his eyelashes. They were pretty, and long. I wonder if he's wearing mascara.

“You have pretty eyes as well.”

I don't think he could get any more red than he was right now.

“Oh really? Thank you. Your eyes are pretty too. They're so blue.”

Now it was my turn to blush, as a smile crept onto my face.

“And you have a cute smile.”

I didn't know how to respond. I wanted to compliment him back, but it was almost impossible to do without getting inappropriate.

“How about we go to my house? I live a few blocks from here. We could hang out, get to know each other more.”

I could of sworn he was flirting with me. Maybe I was going crazy.

“Uh, sure. I'd like that.”

He grinned, grabbing my hand in his, and taking his coffee in the other.

“Lets go then.”

So hand in hand, he led me to his house. There's something about him, something that I really liked. Maybe, just maybe, I've found someone who's perfect for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, for those of you who don't know who Allan Cotterill is, he's in a band called Snow White's Poison Bite. They're amazing, so you should deffinitely check them out. :)

By the way, this is Allan:)

Image