Key to My Heart

Stomach In Knots

I had almost forgotten that it was raining, or rather pouring. So when we entered his house, and I saw the water dripping from his hair, I remembered the raging storm we'd just ran through. It was unusual how I could forget so fast. With Jeremy Right next to me though, its no wonder I hadn't noticed until now. I was so busy looking at him that I didn't realize we were drenched.

He noticed me staring as he attempted to dry himself off.

“What?”
“Nothing,” I said, looking away.

I knew I was blushing, on account of the heat I felt rising on my cheeks. He smiled, making his way over to me. He took the towel and used it to dry me off, before throwing it aside. I glanced up, but looked back at the floor when I saw his eyes studying me. He hooked his fingers through the belt loop of my jeans, pulling my hips against his. The skin of our chests were nearly touching, and my heart was going crazy.

I dared to glance back up at him, biting my lip. He was still gazing at me, a slight smile on his face.

“Ricky?”

I refused to let myself look at him. If I did, I would definitely get lost in his beautiful eyes, and I don't know if I'd be able to control myself. He gently lifted up my chin, so I would have no choice but to gaze back at him. His face inched closer to mine, and we both closed our eyes. I waited, anticipating the feel of his lips against mine. Just as I could feel his hot breath on my lips, The front door swung open, and we jumped apart, startled at the outburst.

A girl who looked about seventeen stood in the doorway, dripping wet. A broken umbrella hung limp in her hand, and she tossed it onto the floor. She looked back and forth between me and Jeremy, eyeing us suspiciously.

“Did I interrupt something?”

Jeremy sighed.

“No, Em. You didn't,” he lied, giving her a look that meant he was more than annoyed with her.

He looked back to me, then at her again.

“This is my sister, Emma. Em, this is Ricky.”

She greeted me, and I politely responded with a quiet hello.

“You didn't tell me you had a new boyfriend, Allan.”

My face started to heat up, and Jeremy looked like he wanted to scream.

“He's not my boyfriend Emma. I just met him today.”

She rolled her eyes, making her way to the stairs.

“Sure, he isn't. Cause you get that up close and personal with every random guy you just met.”
“I'm serious, we're just friends. Now go mind your business for once.”

She rolled her eyes again, before continuing up the steps. She stopped short, turning her head back to look at Jeremy.

“Oh, and if you guys are gonna fuck, just try no to be loud, okay? I don't need to hear that shit.”

With that said, she turned, disappearing completely. Jeremy looked at me.

“I'm sorry about her. She can be a pain sometimes.”
“Its okay. That's what siblings do.”

He smiled, taking my hand.

“How about we go up to my room and watch a movie?”

I smiled back, my stomach doing flips.

“Sounds great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm really sorry about not updating this for quite a few months. I've been extremely busy with all sorts of crap that no one cares about, so I haven't had the chance to write. Good news is, I now have more time, so I will be updating more frequently. Once again, so sorry about making you wait.