Speak Now.

I am not the type of girl who you be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion.

Alexandra smoothed out the fabric of her dress one last time before she continued on, following the various amounts of people who, like her, were dressed for the occasion, and heading up the steps to enter the beautiful church. She was surprised to see so many people from Doncaster there. Sure, they kept in touch with a few people from home, but she never expected to see so many familiar faces here.

Alexandra’s brown eyes caught sight of the inside of the church and she could see that the pews were quickly filling up, meaning she had made it just on time. She tucked her hair behind her ear and continued up the few steps. Just as she was about to enter the church, a large hand shot out, blocking her path.

She looked up to find a tall, muscular man, in a fitted suit looking down at her with a frown. She tried not to appear frightened as he watched her squirm under his gaze. “Name?”

“Alexandra Summers.”

The man glanced down at the clipboard, flipping through a few sheets, searching for her name. He slowly shook his head as he pulled his head up. “No, I don’t see you on the list.”

“Try Allie.” Her voice was soft as she squeezed her hands together tightly, her palms beginning to sweat.

The man simply shook his head again after skimming over the names. “Still not seeing it.”

Alexandra bit her lip. “Well, that’s not possible. I’ve known Louis since I was nine years old. I’ve got to be on there.”

The man showed no ounce of caring as he slightly shrugged. “Well, I’m saying that you’re not. So that means you’re not.”

She let out a huff of frustration and walked a few feet away, taking a seat on one of the steps. If it wasn’t obvious before, it surely was now. It seemed that Allie was uninvited by the lovely bride to be. Not surprising in the least.

She wasn’t exactly happy that her best friend and man of her dreams was getting married to someone like Eleanor, who without a doubt looked lovely, and looked every part of right for any man, but she just wasn’t right for Louis. But being purposely left off of the guest list was just wrong. She at least deserved to be there on the biggest day of his life.

Alexandra watched as the few people who were left outside quickly filed inside the church. The men guarding the doors then began to close and lock them up, signaling that the wedding was starting. She felt her nose sting, realizing that she was actually going to miss it.

+

”Don’t you think it’s a little soon to be thinking about marriage?”

Louis grinned and merely shook his head, stretching out on the couch as they continued watching Lord of the Rings. At the mention of a wedding, Allie felt her throat close up; he couldn’t be getting married, not to Eleanor, not to someone who didn’t know every little thing about him like she did, not to someone who didn’t love every single one of his little flaws like she did. This was all wrong.

“I don’t think so. I mean, sure I’m young, but what’s a couple years difference gonna do?”

Allie sat up, pulling her brown locks over to one side as she tugged on the ends gently. “I just feel like you’re rushing into this, and it’s a big deal.”

It was Louis turn to follow suit and he sat up, his blue eyes meeting hers from his spot across from her on the couch. “It’s not rushing into anything, Allie. Look how long we’ve been together.”

“Yeah, I know.” Allie nodded gently, casting her eyes down to her hands. “But there was that time last year when she cheated on you, and I really think you guys should really think this through before jumping into marriage.”

Louis’ usual smile was wiped clear off his face as he watched his best friend squirm under his intense gaze. He frowned, feeling as if his heart was being squeezed. “I don’t understand, Al. Why can’t you just be happy for me?”

Alexandra’s eyes shot up at the sound of his voice, sounding so completely dejected. She hadn’t meant to hurt him; she was only trying to look out for him. Sure he thought he’d worked out all of his problems with Eleanor, but they’d be back soon enough, and they’d be worse once he got married to her, and she didn’t want that for him. Even though a part of her was selfish, in not wanting to lose him because she was in love with him herself.

“No, I am happy for you, Lou. I just care about you, you know?” she met his eyes once more. “I just want you to be happy.”

“Then be there for me.” Louis told her, reaching across the couch and grabbing a hold of her hand. “Be sitting there in the front row, cheering me on while I experience the biggest day of my life.” Louis smiled, giving her hand a squeeze. “You’re my best friend, I need you there.”

There was nothing she could do. His mind was made up, and she’d known Louis long enough to know that he wasn’t going to budge and change his mind, he was going to go through with it, and she could either be there for him, or not.

“I’ll be there.”


+

“Well this fucking sucks.” Alexandra muttered as she stared down at her freshly painted nails. What was she going to say to Louis? ’Oh hey, sorry I missed your wedding. I think your bitch of bride crossed me off the list.’ Yes; Alexandra saw that going down just perfectly.

“Allie?”

Alexandra’s head shot up at the sound of her name being called and she smiled when she saw Harry standing a few feet away at the side entrance of the church. She quickly got to her feet, her heels clacking loudly as she darted the few feet over to him.

“What’re you doing out here?” He questioned with a frown. “The wedding’s already started.”

Alexandra faked a smile as she ran a hand through her hair. “Somehow I wasn’t on the list.” Harry raised his eyebrows at first, seemingly surprised by her answer, but soon after nodded his head, knowing full well Eleanor would do that.

“What about you? Aren’t you the best man?” Alexandra smirked, giving him a small shove. “Shouldn’t you be standing at the front of the church about now?”

Harry smirked, shrugging his shoulders. “Lou’s got a bit of nerves this morning, so I’ve just done my duty of best mate and gotten him a little pick me up.” Harry opened his suit pocket to reveal a small bottle of Vodka. “Bit of liquid courage, if you ask me.”

Alexandra nodded , knowing how Louis always seemed to work himself up over the littlest things sometimes, so today must have had him absolutely tearing at the seams. “Well you should get in there then before they start looking for you.”

Harry nodded, and pulled open the door, but not before he called out to Alexandra who had turned around and was getting ready to sit back on the steps once again. “You didn’t think I was going to leave you out here, did you?”

Alexandra turned around, a huge smile breaking out on her face as she hurried inside the church. She realized the side entrance was the area where the wedding party got ready. She saw Liam pass into a room where the rest of the boys were standing, chatting together while they waited for their cue. Allie’s eyes caught onto the other side of the room where she saw a few members of Eleanor’s family straightening up their outfits.

Allie heard her before she saw her. In the room closest to the hallway came Eleanor’s high pitched voice as she yelled at one of her bridesmaids for ruining her wedding by wearing shoes that completely stood out next to the other girls. The door was slightly cracked open and Allie caught sight of the bride, in true Eleanor fashion, in a gown that was slightly shaped like a pastry. Her face was set in a deep frown as she continued to bark insults at the bridesmaid.

“Allie.”

Allie’s eyes widened at the sound of his voice and she slowly turned around to find Louis, looking breathtakingly gorgeous in his suit, standing in the hallway with a smile tugging on his lips. “What’re you doing back here?”

“I was just,” what did she say? Nothing seemed good enough. “I was talking to Harry.” That wasn’t the best, but it’d have to do.

“Well I’m glad you’re here. “ He stepped forward and pulled her into a tight hug. She could feel her heart fluttering as she held onto him tightly, inhaling his perfect scent.

“Louis,” her voice was soft, and slightly muffled by the fabric of his shirt, but she didn’t care. “You can’t marry her.”

“What?” Louis frowned, pulling back from Allie to meet her eyes. “Why’re you saying that?”

“Because,” his eyes were watching her with such intensity that she felt her throat close up. “You can’t marry her ..without this.” Allie reached into her dress pocket and pulled out a small ring, handing it over to him.

To anyone else, it was just cheap ring that would turn your finger green if you wore it long enough, but to the two of them, it meant everything. That ring had been passed between them since the beginning of their friendship and for Allie to hand it over on this day, it was really saying something.

Louis grinned and slid it onto his right pinky finger, seeing as it was the only finger it fit on anymore. “I really appreciate this, Allie.”

Alexandra nodded, and the moment that she felt her nose sting, she quickly began backing up. “I’ve got hurry back and get a spot.” She quickly whipped around and headed out into the open area where almost all of the pews were filled up.

She knew without a doubt she’d have to take cover in one of the pews in the far back corner. She couldn’t risk Eleanor catching sight of her anywhere. If she really wanted to, she’d stop the wedding with the snap of her finger, just to have her escorted out.

+

Once the organ began playing the familiar tune and everyone stood up and turned towards the back of the church, Alexandra gripped onto the pew before her as she watched Eleanor float down the aisle like a pageant queen, with her hair beautifully done in a chiffon, and her dress just skimming the ground as she passed by, giving her the undenying sense of elegance. Louis was smiling softly, his eyes trained to her as Eleanor got closer with each second.

After that, the rest of the wedding seemed to happen in a blur. Alexandra couldn’t focus on any of the words being said, she couldn’t focus on how Eleanor kept leaning into Louis every few minutes, and she couldn’t notice everyone in the audience watching with small smiles. All she could focus on was the fact that Louis didn’t have a real smile on his face. To anyone else, he appeared absolutely content, like this was in fact; the best day of his life, but Alexandra knew him better than that. His smile was forced.

Alexandra seems to snap back to reality when her ears catch into the preacher’s words. “If there is anyone that believes there is a reason why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

There’s the silence and Alexandra bites her lip, knowing it’s her last chance After this, everything will be sealed, official, and anything she has to say will be tossed aside with no matter.

Alexandra’s hands are shaking at her sides and sweating profusely as she slowly stands up and slyly wipes her hands on her light dress. She can feel everyone’s horrified stares, their eyes almost like a domino effect in that slowly each and every person’s eyes fell onto her, row after row until it reached the very front and Eleanor’s mouth dropped slightly open at the sight of Alexandra standing at her wedding.

Even with all of those eyes on her, Alexandra only had her eyes on Louis. He was completely shocked to see his best friend slowly walking towards the front, their eyes locked onto one another.

“I know I’m the last person you want to see objecting to your wedding.” She started out softly, her nose already stinging as she shifted uncomfortably on her wedged heels. “But I can’t sit here and let you make the biggest mistake of your life.” Cue the gasps from a few people in the church. “It’s not even the fact that she cheated on you, or finds the smallest things to get annoyed at you for. Honestly, she’s absolutely gorgeous and she’s easily any guy’s dream girl, perfect in every sense of the word.”

She brought her hands together, squeezing harshly as she continued. “But she’s not perfect for you. She know you or appreciate you like I do. She doesn’t understand why you like to sleep on the left side of the bed, or why you always have to watch Lord of the Rings, or even why you’re so self-conscious about playing the piano. It doesn’t seem like much to many people, but I’ve always been here and all those little things add up to so much to me. “

“And let’s face it, I know I’m not much, I’m not even close to being as beautiful and elegant as Eleanor, and I know you probably don’t even feel the same way about me that I feel about you, but I couldn’t let you go into this without letting you know how I actually feel. I’ve been in love with you since I was thirteen years old. You’re the only guy who can make my heart speed up like this, the only guy who can make me laugh when I feel like I’ll never be happy again, the only guy who can make me feel beautiful when I don’t even feel pretty enough to look at myself in the mirror, and you’re the only guy I’ve ever been able to picture myself being with until the day I die.”

“I know I probably should’ve kept this to myself. I’m sorry for ruining your wedding, I really am. I am not the type of girl who should be rudely barging in on such an important occasion, but if I didn’t speak now, I’d never get to tell you how I felt because I’d feel too guilty about trying to come in between your marriage.” Allie frowned. “But I guess I’ve just done that, haven’t I?”

Allie glanced up to see Harry watching her with a pitiful look on his face. He’d always known how she felt about Louis and he’d always been one for telling her to get her feelings out to Louis. But she’d waited too long to say anything, she’d not only ruined a wedding, but ruined her friendship with Louis and absolutely embarrassed herself. The silence was deafening to her ears and she knew she couldn’t stay there a minute longer. She quickly turned on her heels and began darting for the exit.

“Allie!” She had her hands on the door when she cut short, her hands falling to her side. She slowly turned back around and watched as Louis came running towards her, his eyes locked onto hers. She turned around just in time to feel his body crash into hers, his arms enveloping her in a tight embrace as she pressed her face into his neck.

“Allie, I love you too.” Her breath caught in her throat. “I’ve been in love with you since the moment I saw you sitting in front of me in secondary school. I could never tell how you felt about me though, anytime I tried to get close to you, you’d push me away, like you wanted nothing to do with me. I couldn’t keep trying with you because I didn’t want to lose you as a friend altogether just because I was selfish and wanted more from you.” He kissed the side of her face softly. “I can’t believe I almost lost my chance.”

Eleanor threw her bouquet down, yelling out obscenities as she stomped off of the platform and back to the dressing area, her mother and a few of the bridesmaids following close behind as they tried to console her. Harry was grinning like an absolute mad man as he watched the two stand close to each other, looking into each other’s eyes as they finally expressed their true feelings for one another. He’d been waiting far too long for this moment.

The two paid no attention to the church full of watching eyes as Louis leaned down and captured Alexandra’s lips in promising kiss. They could care less about everyone else in the room as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, her fingers reaching up and playing with the hair at the nape of his neck as his hands rested on her hips, keeping her close.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Allie (I'm Not Crazy) Hope you liked it! :)

If you couldn't already tell, this one shot was based off of Taylor Swift's song Speak Now. I absolutely love this song, and I always invisioned Louis getting married to the wrong girl, and his best friend being the one who loves him. Hopefully you like it!

Feedback is loved.