Status: What If You Could Live Your Life Over Again?

Alter Ego

Chapter 2

At school that day nothing really happened. Everyone looked at me kind of funny, because of the breakup I presume, but it bothered me. I spent all of lunch in the bathroom cutting my wrists and crying. I knew I should stop, but I couldn't. I was bleeding so bad by the time lunch was over, I just stayed in the bathroom for the rest of the day. After school, I didn't want to go home, so I went to the library.

"We close in two hours," the girl working there reminded me. I nodded and headed down into the middle level where the computers were. There were a couple people down there working on school projects, I just ignored them and sat alone on one side. I turned the computer on and used my school username and password to get in. After about 30 min of sitting just listening to music and checking Facebook and Twitter, the known druggie Chase came down. He had short dark hair and a creepy smile. He sat down at the computer next to me.

"Hello pretty lady," he said awkwardly flashing me the smile. I smiled a little back and hunched over the keyboard to pretend like I was working. Out of all the computers open, which was a lot, he had to sit down at the one next to me. "What are you working on?" He asked looking over at my screen.

"Nothing important," I said quietly. Those were probably the first words I'd uttered all day. He nodded and I herd his computer ding and start.

"I go on this website called AlterWorld." He told me like I cared. I nodded. "It's really cool," he continued. "It's like another world where I'm actually cool and I have, like, real friends. It's really good for me to get away from my life... you know?" I sat quietly for a moment, then turned to him.

"Yeah," I said. He looked at me with his big green eyes and smiled again.

"Wanna check it out?" He asked. I looked at him another moment, musing how insane this kid actually was. Finally I realized I had nothing better to do, so I nodded. He nodded quickly and typed something into the computer. I scooted my chair closer to his so I could see the screen. "It's really fun, and you can make one too." He assured me. I nodded slowly staring at the screen.

Suddenly it popped up on the screen. It was like another world. It was us, looking into the computer. Except... I was smiling. My hair looked amazing and my eyes weren't puffy. And Chase... he was adorable. He was smiling too. His teeth were fixed and his eyes weren't bloodshot.

"What?" I stuttered. I looked at Chase in real life, he smiled at the screen and reached his hand out. When he placed it to the screen it rippled like water. Then, he was gone. I stood abruptly and looked around. No one else was in there anymore. After a moment of catching my breath I sat down where Chase had just been sitting.

"Come in," I herd a voice say. I looked at the screen, there he was! Well, there the perfect version of Chase was. He smiled at me sweetly.

"How the Hell..." I start. He laughed on the other side of the screen.

"Take my hand," he said reaching his hand out of the screen. I push my chair back away from the extended hand.

"What the Hell is going on..." I asked. He shook his head and retracted his hand.

"Take this," he said reaching into his pocket. He pulled out an envelope and placed it in front of me. His hand came out of the screen it rippled and it receded and the screen rippled again.

"What's this?" I asked examining the envelope like it was a bomb.

"Don't worry," he laughed again. "It will explain everything. I want you to join me." I looked at him with a 'what-the-fuck' look on my face. He just laughed again. The screen then changed. It was the inside of my locker. I leaned closer to get a better look. Then the locker opened. It was me! The happier me! I herd laughter and saw myself put books into the bottom of the small space. I turned and smiled at someone. It was a boy, but i couldn't see his face very well because of the awkward viewing point. I herd myself say 'I love you' and him kiss me before the locker closed. Chase reappeared.

"You can have anything you want."
Anything I want... I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, many thanks for reading this! Any advice you have on writing and stuff is greatly appreciated! I love you guys! - Sara xx