A Few Too Many

Chapter 1

Shea

“I still can't believe he asked you to marry him.” Bree spoke
“Why?”
“I don't know.”
“I am going to stay with Jordan for a few days help him and stuff, so I won’t be flying back with you.”
“Oh.”
“He needs help and I am off.”
“I want to see him and I want to apologize to too.”
“Just leave it alone.”
“Why? I am not allowed to talk to him anymore?”
“I just think you should leave well enough alone.”
“And why is that?”
“I don't want him to see you and get hurt all over again.”
“I wasn't trying to hurt him.”
“But you did.”
“What now that you have landed the hockey husband you are all high and mighty?”
“That is not what I meant and you know it.”
“Sounded a bit condescending to me, considering you slept with his brother.”
“I think Jordan has been through enough and you, you just don't need to see him.”
“I was just going to tell him bye and that I would be thinking about him.”
“I will tell him for you.”
“Whatever Bree, I have been handling my own affairs for years and didn't need you to babysit me or the men I was fucking.” I held up my hand and walked away from my best friend. The only girl in the world I loved like a sister, my only friend that was a girl for that matter. I loved Bree, but I need to be able to handle things myself.
I seethed on the plane all the way home and decided I was going to the bar that night and I was getting trashed. I walked into Whiskey River, sat at the bar and ordered three shots of Vodka with a lime on the side.
“What are you doing here I thought you went to Pittsburgh?”I turned and Jared was standing there.
“Fuck off Staal.”
“That’s not nice.”
“I just want to be alone.”
“Then why did you come here?”
“Hell, I don't know, there is liquor here?”
He laughed and sat beside me. “Wanna talk about it?”
“NO.” I growled.
“Ok, then.” he sat quietly beside me drinking his drink.
“Bree and I had a fight over Jordan.”
“Why?”
“Cause he wanted more and I couldn't give him that.”
“Wait? You turned down Jordan?”
“Yes, He isn't my forever and I should have told him that upfront when I knew he was wanting more. I hurt him and in turn hurt Bree.”
“You guys are best friends don't let Jordan rip you apart.”
“I’m not, she is.”
“I will talk to her.”
“Don’t you dare.”
“OK, OK” he held his hands up, “I swear”
I looked over at him and he was checking out the chicks cleavage beside him at the bar.
“Get your eyes full?”
“YUP.” he laughed “Let’s dance.”
He pulled me from my stool and forced me onto the dance floor.
“Jared, I am not in the mood for this.”
“I will get you in the mood, I don't like pissed off, sad Shea.”
“I don't either.”
An hour later we were doing shots at the bar. Every person we had slept with earned a shot, they were flowing easily.
“Whore.” I giggled
“Slut.” He pushed the hair off of my shoulder.
I opened my eyes and saw a big hand jutting out from underneath my neck. I reached and touched it and I heard a deep breath behind me. OH GOD, what did I do? The night was really fuzzy and I couldn't remember what had happened or who I was with. Jared, I had been doing shots with Jared the last I remembered. OH FUCK!
I rolled slightly trying not to wake up whoever was behind me. I caught a glimpse of red hair and my worst nightmare came true. “Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck” I said on a breath
“Again already?” Jared’s voice jutted through the quiet of the room.
The one person that was off limits forever and here I lay. Bree is never going to speak to me again.
I jumped from the bed.
“Jared, I have to go.”
“I thought we were having fun.”
“It never should have happened.”
“That is not what you told me last night.”
“What did I tell you last night?”
“That my dick is bigger than Jordan’s”
“Fuck me.”
“I did, multiple times.”
“You are not helping the matter here.”
“What we had a good time. I know you don't want me forever, I am not the stupid Staal that fell in love with you.”
“This didn't happen. It never happened.”
“What, why?”
“Bree will blow a gasket. OH MY GOD, I am a horrible person.”
“You are not a horrible person. You needed to get your mind off of things and we did. It will never leave these walls, but can we do it again, just for good measure?”
“NO, we shouldn't have done it the first time.”
“You wanted it too.”
“I am sure I did.”
“It is really OK. I will take you to get your car and then take you to breakfast, we can talk about it or pretend like it never happened, either is fine with me.”
“Thank God you are a smart Staal.”
He grinned and stood putting on his clothes.

I sat at breakfast, trying to understand what had happened last night.
"You really don't remember do you?"
I shook my head chewing my bagel.
"We'll let's see you kissed Dalps, felt up Chuckie and I had to pull you off some random guy that was trying to leave with you. Honestly Shea, you always have it together, last night not so much."
"Wai,t I made out with three different people?"
"No five, Nash and Ellis too."
"I don't remember any of that."
"Just be glad Ellis is a nice guy, he's married you know." I shook my head.
"You were pretty tanked. You tried to kiss Peters too but he pushed you off."
"OMG."
"That's why I took you home, I wasn't going to sleep with you, but you wouldn't take no for an answer and you grabbed my jock, I really tried but then you told me I was bigger than Jordan and took over."
"Thanks, I think."
“It was a compliment. I had fun last night, so did you. Just leave it at that.”
“Please don't tell Bree.”
“I won’t but you really should talk to her, explain everything.”
“She won’t listen. She basically called me a whore and sent me away.”
“She just doesn't understand this part of this life. I mean we all want to get laid, some more than others.” He waggled his eyebrows at me.
“Jared, stop. You know how cute you are and that missing tooth. You have to wear you tooth every time you are around me, understood?”
“Why?”
“Cause you are irresistible without it.”
“Irresistible huh?”
“Mostly.”
“Wanna go find out how much fun I can be sober?”
“No Jared, I would like to remember how much fun you were, but I have to figure this out.”
“How will you ever know if I am telling the truth?”
“The truth about what?”
“My jock.”
“OMG!”
He chuckled and lifted his tall frame out of the diner booth.
“Come on I am taking you home, before I get us both in more trouble.”
I slinked into the apartment a few hours later. Jared was sworn to secrecy and I trusted him.
I had a lot of soul searching to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so here is the first chapter let me know what you think! :)