A Few Too Many

Chapter 11

Shea

I enjoyed my time in New York but I had missed Jared and was ready to be home. I walked into the bar knowing that the boys were there. Walking up behind Jared I placed my hands over his eyes and leaned into him and whispered “Guess who.” He turned and caught my mouth in a soft kiss then whispered “Sorry” in my ear. I walked around and sat in his lap giving him a very inappropriate kiss.
“Staal, get a room.” Peters laughed. When I looked up I saw Muse sitting there. He was wide eyed and staring. I hadn't seen him in a year.
“OMG, Moose!” I ran to him and gave him a huge hug. “What are you doing here?”
“Cam got hurt they sent Ellis up so I am here for a bit.”
“It is so good to see you.”
“You and Staal?”
“Yup.” I grinned smiling over at Jared. He had a perplexed look on his face.
“Moose and I became friends the last time he was in Charlotte and have kept in touch over the last year.” I smiled explaining. It was so good to see him back in Charlotte.
“You did good Staal” He smiled at Jared.

As we were dancing later Jared was wobbling a little after the boys had done a few rounds of shots.
“Who haven't you slept with?”
“Excuse me?”
“Moose. Avery, Jordan. I am just beginning to wonder?”
“Oh and you are innocent?”
“No, just trying to keep up.” he slurred.
I knew the best thing for me to so was to just keep my mouth shut he was drunk and being stupid, but I couldn't help myself.
“I am sleeping with you right now but you keep this jealous shit up and we are done. I love you Jared but I will not let you pick me apart. I slept with Moose one time and we became close friends after that, it is really not a big deal.”
“I just don't feel like I am good enough for you. You sleep with a man and then become friends with them, How do I know I won’t be next?”
“Are you fucking kidding me right now?”
He just stared down at me.
“You are a stupid man. I love you, I sleep with you almost every night curled up in your arms. How can you not think you are different? I was friends with you first.”
“I just don't know why you picked me.”
“Jared I love you isn't that enough? Are you always going to question how much?”
He shook his head dropping it so his forehead was against mine.
“I am just jealous.”
I pulled away looking into his intense green eyes. “I am me and this is who I am. You knew that and it will always be that way. I am committed to this and feel like sometimes you are looking for a way out. I am scared and I need you to be in this with me, I need you to be my home.”
“I am your home and I will try my best to just get over it. I’m sorry.”
“Me too.” I kissed him softly on the chin.
The next couple of days were quiet and I enjoyed it, fighting with Jared sucked. I worried that this is why I had always avoided relationships, but I had promised myself to give it an honest go with Jared.

November

Shea
“Everyone is going to be there. Marc is flying down and back the same day just so he can see our parents. You have to come.”
“I think it will be a little awkward. I am just not sure.”
“It will be fine. We can only stay in Raleigh for a few hours, we wont be there long enough for anything to happen.”
“ OK, fine.” I stomped out of the room. I knew this was coming. I just hadn't really thought through the fact that Clara was going to be there. I mean she knew I had slept with Jordan multiple times but I guess I had to face her eventually. Hopefully the next girl wouldn't have to know, well if there was a next girl.
“Its going to be fine.” Jared said softly as he took my hand and led me to Jordan’s front door.
“I know.” I smiled. I was nervous and worried.
“SHEA!” I heard from the other side of the door. Bree opened it and grabbed me into a huge hug. I had to admit to myself last month that I missed her more than I thought I was going to. She was my best friend and I needed her to keep me sane.
“Hey love.” I pulled her to me. I was passed around to each of the Staal’s and then to Clara.
“Hey Shea, its been awhile.”
“Yup.” I smiled and turned back to Jared.
“OK, I came, now can I leave.”
“No baby, it is going to be fine.”
We sat at the table, Jared and I being the last to arrive. Bree explained as she passed the potatoes that her and Marc would need to ride back to Charlotte with us so they could catch a six pm flight. I wanted to hug her when she told me that but I refrained.
Jordan smiled over at me “J keeping you straight.”
“As straight as he can.” I bumped his elbow. “Clara keeping you straight?”
“Always.” He smirked.
Dinner was quiet other than Henry and Linda talking to each of the boys. There wasn't a lot of time to really enjoy being there but I knew it meant a lot to have them all here.
“Marc and I wanted to make an announcement while we were all together, We have decided to buy a house outside of the city. Everyone keep the date June 1st opened. We are going to start looking a few months before then but hope to be moved that weekend.”
“That is wonderful honey.” Linda smiled
“We are going to need the extra room.” I almost exploded out of my chair at that moment. Bree cut her eyes to me then smiled.
“Why?” Jordan asked, “J getting traded to New York?”
“No smart ass, we are having a baby.”
“A BABY?” Linda yelled.
“So that's why you flew down here.”
“Yes.” Bree smiled. “Seems once I get a little further along they won’t let me fly much, they don't want me away from the docs.”
“Why is that, I thought it didn't matter.”
“It usually doesn't.”
“Is everything OK?” I knew that Bree and I had cut everybody else out of the conversation, like it was just her and I.
“Well when you have twins you have to be a little more careful.” Marc leaned down and kissed his wife. I rushed from my seat then catching both of them in my arms. I screamed and cried and was just plain happy for the both of them. Linda out did me on the tears. Sobbing into her napkin. I walked back to my seat and took Jared's hand
I was so completely shocked I didn't know what to do. I looked over at Jared and smiled. He stood dropping on his knee and smiled softly to me.
“OMG!” I shouted then stood from the table.
“Baby, I love you and I know that this is sudden but I want you forever, I want you to be my wife. Please marry me.”
“Jared.” I said around my fingers, that had shot up to cover my mouth.
I sat there looking down at him. I had never guessed in a million years that he would do this. I mean I loved him and yes I had thought about what it would be like to be married. It had wigged me out at first but I did have a soft place in my heart for Jared.
I nodded not trusting my words and Jared placed a simple diamond ring on my finger. I looked down at it and even though it wasn't huge and audacious like Bree’s, it was perfect for me. That part of my life was over and now I wanted simple.
“I love you.”
“I love you to Shea.” He spoke then kissed me softly.
I thought Linda was going to stroke out at the dinner table with all the excitement that was going on. We left a couple hours later and talked all the way back to Charlotte. Jared and I decided that we wouldn't get married right away, maybe in two years. The commitment was what we were both looking for and now we had it. I hugged Bree to me one last time before they took off to catch their flight
"I love you." she smiled
"Love you too Momma."
I crawled in bed with him that night, snuggling against his broad chest and thinking that tonight I would make love with my future husband for the first time.
“Shea, I love you so much. I bought that ring yesterday after I decided I wanted more than just for you to live with me. I want to give you the world and I only knew one way to do that. I talked to your dad yesterday and he gave me his approval. I want to say thank you for all the kind words you said to him about me.”
“I love you and he will too.”
“I am just glad you said yes.”
“I will say yes to you over and over, forever.”
“Forever is kinda what I had in mind.” He smiled then leaned into kiss me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I may add some more, haven't decided yet but for now it is complete...
Hope you enjoyed it! :)