A Few Too Many

Chapter 8

Jared

“Hello?”
“Hey Staalsy”
“What’s up Peters?”
“I saw Shea with Sean Avery? I thought she was in the bay with you.”
“Yeah about that.”
“Come on Staal, did you fuck that up already?”
“I don't know what I did or didn't do, none of it makes any sense.”
“You better get back here and get your girl.”
“I am driving to her place as we speak, I just got off of a plane twenty minutes ago.”
“Ok, well if you need to talk call me.”
“Thanks Justin.”

I pulled into the parking lot my eyes landing on her car.
I knocked on the door and waited.
The door opened and Sean cut his eyes at me.
“What the fuck do you want?”
“I want to talk to Shea.”
“Not gonna happen.”
“I need to talk to her and explain.”
“Nothing to explain, you lied, shes pissed, end of story.”
I wanted to hit him but I knew that would be a very bad idea. so instead I just yelled past him.
“SHEA!”
“She doesn't want to talk to you.”
“Its OK, Sean.” I saw her run a hand around his waist as she came into view. I couldn't tell if it was for support or something else.
“I am so sorry, Shea. I swear I didn't mean to keep it a secret. I just didn't think it would matter.”
“You loved her and were going to marry her, it mattered.”
“I am a stupid man.”
“Fuck yeah you are.” Sean spoke.
“Sean.” Shea looked up at him and gave him a small smile then turned back to me.
“What do you want me to say Jared. I am hurt and I don't want to see you right now.”
“I want to talk, explain everything.”
“There is nothing to explain. I told you everything about me. I laid in bed and was content for the first time because you accepted me for who I was, yet you couldn't be honest.”
“You ran to Avery?”
“He is my friend.”
“Doesn't look like it.”
Sean shoved me, pushing me across the hall and into the wall.
“You need to fucking leave before I beat the ever living shit out of you.”
“This isn't about you Avery, this is between me and Shea.”
“Well you see this is your problem. Right now I am between you and Shea and I would never hurt her so there is only one person in this situation that may get hurt. SO if you value your career I would leave.” He was standing looking up at me. I had almost six inches on him and I wasn't afraid to use all of them.
“You would end up in jail forever.”
“I would be OK with that if it meant you could never hurt her again.”
“Sean,” she pushed him back into the apartment holding up a finger she pulled the door almost closed.
“Jared, I need you to leave, there is nothing you can say right now that would make this better, I need space to figure this out so please leave.”
I look at her, seeing the damage i did to her all over her face. I turn and start to walk away.
“I love you.” I spoke and looked back seeing her face contort into a frown. She turned and walked back into her apartment and shut the door.

Shea

“I don't know why you didn't let me kick his ass.”
“I wouldn't have accomplished anything.”
“It would have made me feel better.”
“Asshole.”
“What?”
“This isn't about you.”
“I know but damn it.”
“Sean thank you for being you. I don't know what I Would do if I didn't have you.”
“I will be here forever if that is what you need.,”
“I think I just need some time to figure all of this out.”
“Can I ask you a question?”
“Yeah.”
“Do you love him?”
“I think so?”
“NO i mean to you get all tingly when he is around and always think about him. Have you stopped looking at other men like a jungle cat on the prowl?”
“No, I mean yes.”
“Then you need to work this out. I can see the hurt in your face but I can also see the love you have for him. You softened when he looked at you and that in itself is a miracle.”
“I don't know Sean.”
“I am the worst person in the world to give you advice, but You need to do what is going to make you happy. Running away to New York is not going to make you happy. I want to make you happy but I would never be him.”
“You are most definitely not him.”
“I don't want to be, but he is who you love.”
“I do, but I can't put myself out there to get hurt again.”
“You remember Shyne?”
“Yeah the blonde.”
“I loved her and I was too scared to admit it. I watched her walk away and marry another man because I was too big of a douche to tell her I wanted her forever. It is so easy to become hard, to not see life for what it is. If you have a chance at forever then don't ruin it because you are scared. This may be the only shot you have and I don't want you to end up like me.”
I pulled him onto a hug, there was never anything better than a hug from Sean Avery and I was glad that he could be so brutally honest with me.
“I’m sorry Sean.”
“No it was my mistake and I will have to live with it forever. I just don't want to see my beautiful flower ruined because of something so petty and stupid.”
“Sean it isn't petty.”
“It kinda is and as much as I hate that Staal right now, he is what is best for you.”
“Sean, I don't know.”
“Yes you do. You want to run to him and feel comfort in his arms, the arms of the man you love. You're not mad because of what happened. You are mad because you are afraid that you have lost him.”
“Sean I am terrified.”
“I know and I understand completely. Just get off the bus before it leaves the station completely.”
I hug myself to him and smile. I know deep down in my heart he is right, but I have to figure this out. maybe I did overreact a little but I still feel like he wasn't honest.
“He lied.”
“No he omitted, its different.”
“How so?”
“Lying is intentional, Omitting usually isn't.”
“How did you get so smart?”
“I am dumb as a box of rocks but I have been around enough women to know what you guys want.”
“Thank you Sean.”
“Anytime, now go get your Staal.”
“Maybe tomorrow, I need to think about this a little more.”
“No thinking, just acting. If you think, you are going to chicken out.”
“I won't.”
“Yes, you will ask me how I know?”
I hugged him then grabbed my keys and ran out the door. I didn't care if I had on Yoga pants and a tank top.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so short just a good place to break it up.