Status: Active

Hold On Till May

Chapter 10.

Mike’s P.O.V.

By the time we got to Vic and I’s parents place, it was nearing Eight PM. Obviously, Vic had let them know we were running late once Ma called him, so they wouldn’t be too mad at us. He also let them know that Sophia would be staying with us for those few days as well.

As we knocked on the door, I could see Ma rushing forward to open, as she shouted ‘coming.’ She flung the door open and a big grin made its way on her face as she saw all five of us stood here.

“I’m so glad you’re finally here.” She grinned. “We were beginning to think you back out.”

“Nah Ma, we were with Soph, we couldn’t just leave her.” I sighed.

Ma nodded and looked over at Sophia who was stood back with Jaime and Tony. They had been invited over for dinner tonight then go off and do their own thing for the next few days.

“It’s lovely to see you again, Sophia.” Ma grinned, as she moved forward to hug Soph.

I watched them both closely, as saw the pained expression on Sophia’s face, when she wrapped her arms around Ma. I frowned and looked over at Vic to see him watching them, also frowning.

“Come on in, food is almost ready.” Ma said, once she let go of Sophia.

We all made our way inside where Ma then proceeded to hug the rest of us, and then called Pops out to greet us all. He made his way in from the back garden and came over to us, also giving us hugs and a kiss on the cheek to Sophia.

Eventually, we all made our way to different parts of the house. Sophia, Tony and Jaime all made their way into the lounge, Pops went back outside while Vic and I went into the kitchen to help Ma.

“Boys, is Sophia okay?” She asked quietly, once we all had a roll to do in the kitchen.

I sighed and turned to face her.

“I don’t know.” I said, rubbing my hand across my forehead. “I mean I know what’s happened, but I don’t really know how she feels about it all.” I rushed out.

“What’s been going on?” Ma questioned, her voice full of concern.

“I don’t know if we should tell her Mike. It’s not our place.” Vic stepped in.

“I know, but she also thinks of Ma as her second mother.” I sighed.

Vic nodded.

“True.” He said, placing down the knife he was using. “We had spent lunch with Sophia and then decided to go back to our place to watch a film and talk. Anyway, a few hours later, Sophia left, to go back home because Craig was just finishing work, but she was back over probably just over an hour later, maybe a bit longer.”

I watched Vic trying to explain and saw the same angered, yet pained expression make its way onto his facial features, like it did when Sophia told us the story.

“Oh no, what has he done now?” Ma gasped.

“He’s hit her, twice. And then proceeded to burn her arm multiple times on the stove.” I growled.

Ma gasped and looked down the hallway that led to the lounge, before turning back to us.

“Is she going to be okay?”

“I think so. We took her to the hospital so she could get the correct treatment for it. Her mom called the police and they were there when we got back to her place, but she went against pressing charges.” Vic said.

“Silly girl.” Ma said, shaking her head. “But we can’t tell her what to do. Don’t be angry at her boys, she knows what she’s doing.”

We both nodded, and eventually we all went back to preparing the last few bits for dinner.

“You boys go on into the lounge, I’m just waiting for it to finish cooking now.” Ma said.

Nodding, we both turned around and left the kitchen and entered the lounge, where Jaime was sat on the floor, facing the couch that Tony was sat on, both talking quietly. As we got closer, I noticed Sophia lying down, her head resting on Tony’s lap, fast asleep.

I smiled slightly, and made my way over to the other end of the couch, picking her legs up gently, before placing them back down on my lap once I had sat down. I started rubbing the lower part of her legs gently, and listened into the conversation Jaime and Tony were having, Vic joining in occasionally.

Leaning back into the couch, I sighed heavily and closed my eyes.

“You alright there, Mikey?” Jaime asked from the floor.

I opened my eyes to look at him and nodded.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I mumbled, looking at a sleeping Sophia.

“She’ll be alright, you know that right?” He questioned.

Once again, I nodded.

“I know, she’s a strong girl, always has been. But I’ve never seen her cry as much as she was earlier. It scared me to be honest. Seeing her upset and pain, hurt.” I sighed.

“You like her don’t you?”

I could hear the smirk evident in Jaime’s voice, without even looking at him. I looked up at him and held eye contact for a moment.

“Yeah.” I all but whispered.

“I knew it.” He said just a bit too loud, causing Sophia to stir, but not quite wake up.

“Sorry.” He whispered.

We all chuckled quietly, before falling back into silence, when Ma came into the lounge.

“Dinner’s ready.” She said, in her calming voice.

We all nodded, Jaime and Vic standing up. I lifted Sophia legs up off of mine, so I could stand, before placing them back down. I shook her side gently, trying to wake her up.

“Soph, time to wake up. Dinners ready.” I said.

I heard her grumble something, as she turned over, so her face was buried in Tony’s stomach and she gripped onto his shirt, causing Tony and I to laugh.

“Come on Soph. You need to let Tony go.”

“But he’s comfy.” I could just about make out, due to her voice being muffled from her burying her face in Tony’s shirt.

“Surely a bed would be comfier, you can get into one once we’ve had dinner.” I smiled.

“I’m not hungry.” She sighed.

Just then Tony’s stomach rumbled.

“But Tony is, so you need to let him go and eat.” I laughed.

“Will you stay with me until he’s finished then?” She asked, lifting her head so she could look at me.

I smiled softly and nodded, causing her to sit up so Tony could leave and I could take his place. Tony looked back at us once more, concern written all over his features, before turning to go into the kitchen. It’s one thing I was glad about, Jaime and Tony had taken an instant liking to Sophia, and already cared for her almost as much as Vic and I.

I made myself comfortable, before Sophia shuffled around and placed her head down on my lap, facing me as she wrapped an arm around me.

“Your lap is bony compared to Tony’s.” She giggled.

“Wow, thanks.” I chuckled.

“You’re still like a twig.”

“Is that an insult?” I questioned.

“I don’t actually know.” She shrugged.

“Fair enough.”

We stayed in silence, listening to the small chatter happening in the kitchen/dining room as everyone ate and talked.

“Thank you for today, Mike. It meant a lot.” Sophia said quietly.

“It was nothing. You know I’m always here for you.” I said, bringing my hand up to start running in through her hair.

“I know, but in the back of my mind, I was wondering if you did care still or not. I wasn’t thinking when I ran to your place, I just remembered that I used to when we were younger and I just wanted to make sure I was away from Craig.” She sighed. “You could have easily just told me to leave again, but you didn’t.”

She hugged me the best she could, me also doing the same.

“Why wouldn’t I, Soph? You’re my best friend, I’d do anything for you, especially if it means keeping you safe. I’ll always do the best I can.”

“I know you will. I’d do the same for you and Vic as well, and Tony and Jaime. They’re really nice people, Mike. I’m glad it’s them that you’re in a band with.” She smiled.

I looked down at her, smiling also.

I watched as she sat up, and moved to cuddle into my side.

“I’ve missed times like this.” She said, resting her head on my shoulder.

I smiled slightly, and rest my head on top of hers.

“Me to. They used to be my favourite times of the weekend.” I replied.

“Mine to, and the silly arguments we would get into over if Harry Potter is good or not.” She giggled.

“Well my opinion has never changed.” I said.

“Neither has mine. It’s still boring in my eyes.”

“You don’t know what you’re missing out on.” I smirked.

“I don’t really care, the films are boring. How you can sit down a watch them all in one day I do not know. I can’t even sit down through one without having to leave the room half way through it.” She answered looking up at me.

“Well, I guess I’m just more badass than you then.” I chuckled.

“Oh please, you are far from badass. You’re the biggest nerd I know.” She grinned.

I couldn’t help but grin also, seeing her looking happier than earlier, brought a smile onto my face. But then again whenever she smiled, I did also. Her smile was contagious, along with her laugh.

No, you’re just so in love with her, to the point that you’re just goofy around her.

Yeah, I love her, but not that much. Do I?

See, now you’re questioning yourself.

I’m also having an argument with myself.

“Mikey, you okay there? You’ve got a weird look in your eyes.” Sophia asked suddenly.

I looked back up at her and smiled again.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just glad to see you smiling again.” I said.

“Aww, you big goof ball.” Sophia laughed, pinching my cheeks.

I chuckled nervously and gently pushed her hand away.

“Y’know, I think I preferred you asleep. At least then you were quiet and couldn’t pick on me.” I said, pouting at her.

“Have I hurt your feelings?” She asked, trying to hold back a smile.

I looked at her, my bottom lip jutting out, and nodded, pretending to be sad.

“Let me kiss it better.” She said, moving closer.

I felt her gently place her lips against my cheek, in a small kiss. A small kiss that still managed to make my skin tingle and feel like there are butterflies going insane in my stomach.

Wow, could I sound any more feminine?

“Better?” She asked.

I nodded and started laughing.

“Good, because I’m not kissing you again until you shave that beard off.”

“You don’t like it?” I asked, pouting again.

She shook her head no, causing me to chuckle.

“Alright, I’ll shave it off tomorrow. How does that sound?”

“Like the best idea you’ve had all day.” She answered.

“So not even getting you to the hospital was a good idea?” I questioned.

“That wasn’t your idea, it was Vic’s.” She pointed out.

“Don’t get smart with me.” I said, trying to keep a serious face.

“Or what? What you going to do?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

“This.”

As soon as that word left my mouth, I flung myself towards her and started tickling her, causing her to start laughing loudly and beg as loud as possible for me to stop.

“Not until you say sorry for being a smartass.” I said, once she begged again.

“Never.” She shouted out, through her laughs.

“Then I’m not going to stop tickling you.” I laughed.

Sophia, continued to laugh and squirm under me, occasionally trying to pry my hands off her sides until she gave up.

However, what happened next shocked me. Big time. Sophia grabbed the sides of my face and pulled me closer to her, forcefully smashing her lips against mine. My eyes widened in shock, before fluttering closed as I slowly kissed her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update this week for you. I feel like I'm on a roll with this story. I have so many ideas flowing for it. I have actually already got an ending planned and possibly even a Sequel. But I'm not entirely sure yet. Depends on how long I want this story to on for.

THEY KISSED!!!!

Anyway, here's Mike's P.O.V. again for you all. Honestly, I love writing in his P.O.V. I don't really know why, but I do. However, the next time I write in his P.O.V. you can expect some drama. A big fight with a certain someone. I'm sure you all know who. I don't quite know how many chapters away that will be yet, but I don't think it'll be that many.

I'll try my hardest to get a third update out this week, I'm not promising anything, but I'll definitely try my hardest.

Comment/subscribe

Becky xx