Status: Active

Hold On Till May

Chapter 1.

One year ago that was and I never got that phone call from Mike. I hadn’t heard from Vic since either. Both of them ignoring my phone calls and texts. I had given up long ago. It was fairly obvious that they weren’t coming back any time soon.

I had since found out that their band got signed and they were on tour. I remember the day I found out like it was yesterday. Just out shopping and seeing their faces on the cover of a magazine, which I then ended up buying, since I didn’t want to just stand in the middle of the aisle reading their article. They had released their first album “A Flair For The Dramatic” Which was the album Vic and Mike worked on themselves.

It was good finding out that they were getting somewhere with their music, I just didn’t enjoy the way I found out. I mean who should find out about their best friend getting signed and going on tour by reading some magazine? I was disappointed in them both to say the least. I ended up visiting Mama and Papa Fuentes to ask them if it was true and they confirmed it.

In a way, it almost made me feel like I had no one. My dad was no longer with us, my mom was constantly out working or visiting friends and my best friend and his brother had left without telling me.

Well, I felt alone until I met Craig. I had just started work at some music store and he worked there also. Not even two weeks into working there, he had asked me out on a date, I honestly didn’t expect us to end up in a relationship. But I was glad, he took my mind off everything and he truly was wonderful.

Right now, I was sat on the couch, reading some magazine I found lying around the house, when I heard a knock at the front door. I groaned and stood up; chucking the magazine in the spot I had previously been sat in before making my way over to the door. Upon opening the door, my lips curled up into a smile as I saw Craig stood there grinning.

Once the door was open fully, Craig stepped forward and pulled me to him, giving me a kiss. He moved me backwards, inside the house, and kicked the door shut. Eventually, he pulled away and we made our way into the kitchen.

I went straight over to the kettle and switched it on, before going to the fridge to get the milk out to make tea.

“So, how was your day off?” Craig asked, coming up behind me.

“Boring.” I pouted.

Craig chuckled and kissed my cheek, before burying his face in my neck. He started placing light kisses on my neck, causing a shiver to run down my spine, as I leant back into him.

“Well I’m here now, no need to be bored.” He grinned.

I smiled and stepped back to kettle and made the tea, before handing him a mug. We made our way into the lounge, where we both sat and I placed my feet on his lap. Instantly, his hands started rubbing my legs.

“Alright, we know I had a boring day. How was work?” I asked.

“Eh, it was alright. You weren’t there.” He said, turning to me, grinning.

“You’re cheesy a fuck, you know that right?” I giggled.

“Yeah, but you love it.” He smiled.

“Of course I do.” I grinned.

I moved so I was cuddled up to him, as he placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in for a kiss. I smiled into the kiss and moved once again so I could wrap my arms around his neck. His tongue traced my bottom lip, begging for entrance, which I gladly granted. His tongue started roaming my mouth, as his grip on my hips tightened, causing me to moan and grind my hips into his.
I eventually pulled away and looked at him. Craig continued to grin as I laughed and moved back to cuddling up to his side.

“I love you.” Craig all but whispered.

I looked up at him and smiled.

“I love you too.”

He leant down again and gave me another kiss.

We eventually fell into silence, just enjoying each other’s company. I could feel myself slowly fall asleep as Craig brushed his fingers through my hair. It was a habit he had picked up and always ended up doing it whenever we are cuddling, even though he knows it always sends me to sleep. Once he stopped, I opened my eyes and sat up.

I yawned and stretched as Craig watched me.

“Want to pick a movie?” I asked.

He nodded and got up, before making his way up to my bedroom. I could hear him walking about upstairs, before he came running down the stairs again holding my duvet and pillows along with the DVD.

I took the bedding off him and placed the pillows at one end of the couch and turned around so I could rest my head on them, as I threw the duvet over me. I walked and Craig bent down to put the DVD in, before he stood up and grabbed the remote and made his way back over. I stood up and let him get comfortable, before lying back down and cuddling up to him.

Craig wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him and the trailers on the DVD started playing.

“One thing did happen at work today.” He muttered quietly.

“Which was?” I asked.

“There was a signing.” He smiled.

“Why do they always happen on my day off?” I frowned, before smiling.

“I have no idea.”

“So, are you going to tell me who it was?” I asked.

“The band Pierce The Veil.” He grinned.

I turned away from him, frowning.

“And they gave me a pair of tickets for tomorrows show. So, I was wondering if you wanted to go and see them with me?” He asked.

I froze and stared right ahead with big eyes.

“Soph? You okay?”

I nodded.

“Er, y-yeah.” I stuttered.

“So, will you?” He asked again.

“I’m not really a fan.” I lied.

“We both know that’s not true, I’ve seen their CD in your room along with multiple magazines that they’re featured in.” He said.

“What’s to say I haven’t gone off them?”

“Soph, you’re basically saying no to a free gig ticket, and we both know you love your concerts.” He said.

“Yeah, but they’re normally bands I like.” I frowned.

“Just this one, please?” He begged.

I looked at him and was faced with his puppy dog eyes. He knew I could never say no to that face.
I sighed and gave in.

“Fine, but you owe me big time.”

Craig grinned and gave me a loving kiss, before reaching forward and pressing play, as the start of Beetlejuice started playing on the screen.

I am so going to regret agreeing to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel as though I have some really good ideas for this story. But I need to know people are liking this for me to continue.

Comment/Subscribe

Becky