Status: Active

Hold On Till May

Chapter 2.

The next morning, I woke up around seven and rushed into the bathroom to get ready for work, before going back into my room and waking up Craig. I gently shook him and called his name. He mumbled something under his breath as he turned away from me.

“Craig, god damn it, wake up. We have to leave for work in just over an hour.” I said loudly.

Craig groaned and rubbed his eyes before sitting up.

“Can’t we just take the day off?” He asked.

“No, why would you want to do that?” I frowned.

“I don’t know. I just don’t like the idea of work before the concert tonight.” I mumbled.

I groaned and pulled the blanket off him.

“We finished a 3. I think that gives you plenty of time before that stupid concert later.” I grumbled.

“It’s not a stupid concert. You’ll have fun there, I promise. They’re awesome guys.” He grinned.

I glared and walked out of the room as I told him to just get ready.

Awesome guys, my ass. Two of them were meant to be my best friends, but turned out to be assholes, there is nothing awesome about that.

I sighed and walked into the kitchen to make myself some coffee and a slice of toast. Craig made his way in as I was sat at the table picking at my toast. He made his way over to me and gave me a kiss before pouring himself a cup of coffee and also doing himself some toast.

“The store is going to be dead compared to yesterday.” He said sitting down.

I just nodded and sipped my coffee. I wasn’t looking too forward to work today, it was always hell going in the day after a signing, having everyone who was there bragging about spending time with the band and everything. It always got annoying, but maybe that was because I always envied everyone, however, I knew today I wasn’t going to enjoy it one bit. I didn’t want to hear a single thing about them; it was bad enough that I was going to be in the same room as them tonight.

“Come on, let’s go.” Craig said, taking my plate along with his and placing it in the sink.

I gulped down the rest of my coffee and placed my mug in the sink also, before following him out to the front door where I pulled my shoes on and grabbed my bag and keys.

I grabbed Craig’s hand as we started on the walk to work, making small talk. It was mainly Craig going on about tonight; I tried as much as possible to smile and nod, and to even make it look like I was even the slightest bit excited.

As soon as we got to work, I let go of his hand and all but ran out to the back where our lockers were. I threw my bag inside mine, along with my keys, before getting out my name tag and putting it on. I shut my locker and started making my way out to the shop, as Craig came in.

“Are you okay?” He asked, concerned etched into his facial features.

“I’m fine.” I smiled slightly.

He frowned but nodded anyway. I gave him and kiss on the cheek before heading over to our manager.

“Morning Sophia, good day off?” He asked.

“It was alright.” I chuckled.

He laughed and nodded before bending down and picking up one of the boxes by his feet.

“Can you go and put all these CD’s on the selves?” He asked, handing me the box.

I nodded and looked at the label, before heading over to the right section. I ripped the box open and pulled out the first handful of CD’s and placed them in the right places, and continued to do so until the first box was empty. I made my way back out to the storage room and picked up the next box and got to work on those.

I was half way through the second box when I heard someone cough.

“Excuse me.” They said.

I stood up properly and looked around, causing me to stare wide eyed. In front of me was one of the members from Pierce The Veil. I looked away and coughed nervously before looking back at him again.

“How may I help you?” I asked, as calm as possible.

“Do you sell guitar strings here?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Yeah, if you just go over to check out, they’re just behind the counter.” I said.

He nodded and said thank you before walking over towards check out.

I sighed and went back to filling up the selves, when I saw Lisa, one of the girls who works here, walk over.

“Soph, you just spoke to Tony fucking Perry and stayed so calm.” She said excitedly.

I groaned and turned to her.

“And?” I asked.

“No one stays calm when talking to a member of Pierce The Veil.” She said.

“Well clearly I do.” I grumbled and picked up the now empty box and made my way out the back.

**

By the time it got to 2.55pm, I was behind check out, reading one of the many magazines we sold here, when Craig came over to me.

“You ready to leave?” He asked.

I looked up at the clock behind me and nodded. I closer the magazine and chucked it to the other end of the counter as we made our way out the back to the locker room.

“So I heard you spoke to Tony Perry earlier.” He grinned as we gathered our things.

I groaned and slammed my locker.

“I don’t get why people are making such a big deal out of it.” I said, pulling the strap to my bag over my shoulder.

“I’m sorry, baby.” Craig pouted.

I giggled and kissed him.

“It’s alright, I forgive you.” I smiled.

He grinned and grabbed my hand as we made our way out.

“Have fun at the concert tonight.” Our manager shouted out to us.

We both nodded and started walking home. On the way back, we stopped off at Starbucks and getting some drinks. Once we had them, we continued the walk back to my place.

When we eventually got back, I opened the door and let us in, before chucking the keys on the table next to the door. I was about to make my way into the kitchen, when I heard the television on in the lounge.

I looked back at Craig confused, who in return just shrugged before I made my way to the room. I poked my head round and saw mom sat there, cuddled up to the side of some man.

“Mom?” I asked.

She hadn’t been home for weeks.

“Sophia sweetie, what are you doing home so early?” She asked, looking at me shocked.

“I finished work at 3 on Wednesday.” I said.

“Oh.” Was all she said, before turning her attention back to the television.

“Who’s this?” I questioned, pointing to the random man.

He looked up at me and smiled as mom turned back to me again.

“This is my new boyfriend, Jeff.” She smiled.

“You’re not even divorced from dad yet.” I frowned.

This caused Jeff to look at mom in shook.

“You told me you was?” He questioned.

Mom looked at him, then at me and back to Jeff again.

“I’m waiting for the papers to come through.” She said.

“Right.” Was all Jeff said, before standing up and grabbing his jacket from the back of the couch.

“Call me when it’s finalized.” He said to mom.

She frowned and turned away.

Jeff stopped in front of me and held his hand out.

“Sorry to have caused any trouble.” He said as I shook his hand.

“It’s fine, I thought she would have told you. I hope this hasn’t ruined things between you both?” I asked.

“I doubt it.” He smiled.

I smiled back and nodded.

“Anyway, I must be off.” He said louder. “I’ll hear from you soon, right?” He asked mom, she just nodded and he left.

“I’m sorry mom.” I frowned and sat next to her as Craig came into the room.

“It’s alright, Sophia, I knew I should have told him.” She sighed.

“Will you be okay? I have to go upstairs and get ready.” I said.

She nodded.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Where are you both off to then?” She asked, smiling slightly.

She loved Craig almost as if he was her son.

“We’re off to see Pierce The Veil tonight.” Craig grinned.

Mom frowned and looked at me again, raising an eyebrow. I nodded and shrugged.

“Alright, well I guess I won’t actually see you until tomorrow then?”

I nodded and kissed her on the cheek, before grabbing Craigs hand and leading the way upstairs.
As soon as we were in my room, I felt Craig snake his arms around my waist and kiss my neck. I smiled and leant back into him.

“I love you.” He mumbled against my skin.

“I love you too.” I breathed as he bit and sucked on my weak spot.

I could feel myself getting lost in his actions, as his hand made its way up my shirt. I suddenly pulled away.

“You want to get there early don’t you?” I asked him.

He nodded.

“Well we need to get ready then.” I said.

Once again, he nodded and made his way over to the section of my wardrobe that held his clothes. I went to the other end, which contained my clothes and pulled out a pair of grey skinny jeans, along with a loose vest. I also picked out my favourite pair of black boots and placed them at the end of my bed, before grabbing my jacket.

I checked it all over, before going into the bathroom to freshen myself up. Once the door was locked, I stood and stared at myself in the mirror. I still looked exactly the same as to when I last saw Mike and Vic. The only different was that my hair was now longer. Other than that, it was still the same colour, and pretty much the same style.

I sighed and rummaged through my make-up bag, pulling out my foundation, eyeliner and mascara. I started putting it on, before getting changed into my fresh set of clothes. I looked myself over in the mirror and decided on some lip gloss.

Once I had finished, I brushed my hair, leaving it to fall down my back in its natural waves, before chucking all my make-up back in the bag and putting it away.

As I walked back into my bedroom, Craig pulled his shirt over his head and turned to look at me.

“Wow.” He said. “You look stunning.”

I blushed and sat on the end of my bed to pull my boots on.

“And you, look handsome.” I said as I stood up, walking over to him.

He grinned and kissed me.

“You ready to go?” He asked.

I nodded and we made our way downstairs. I grabbed my bag and keys again, before poking my head into the lounge and said bye to mom.

**

As we stood in the line, Craig talking to some guy that was stood in front of us, I looked around at everyone else. Many teenage girls stood in the queue, talking loudly about how much they loved Vic and how amazing his voice was. I rolled my eyes and looked back to Craig and the guy, who I had learnt was called Matt.

I tapped Craig on the shoulder, causing him to turn around.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” I said pointing over to where the public toilets were.

He nodded and gave me a quick kiss, before I made my way over the street.

Once I finished my business, I washed and dried my hands, as I made my way back outside. I crossed over the street, which led straight to the backstage door. I looked at it and turned to start my way back to the line, when it opened and a group stepped outside laughing.

“Sophia?”

Suddenly the laughing stopped as I froze. I slowly turned around and there he was, stood there wearing his usual black skinny jeans, a button up shirt along with a leather jacket, a hat sat on top of head, while a cigarette was placed in-between his fingers.

Right there, in front of me stood, Michael Christopher Fuentes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the next part for you guys. What do you think will happen?

Let me know what you think.

Comment/Subscribe

Becky