Status: Active

Hold On Till May

Chapter 8.

It’s been three weeks now since I was reunited with Mike and Vic and to say things were going smoothly would be a lie. Craig still gets angry whenever I go and see them, or we spot each other in the street. He’s even tried getting me to delete their numbers off my phone and block them so they can no longer contact me.

I won’t lie and say it’s not bothering me, because that would be total bullshit. It angers me, it upsets me that he wants to stop me seeing my friends. He’s constantly trying to get me to “see it from his point of view”, but he’s never willing to see it from my perspective, someone who hasn’t seen her friends for a year and is just happy to finally have them back. Is it really so hard for him to understand that?

Anyway, today was Tuesday, meaning it was my day off work while Craig still went in. So without Craig actually finding out, Mike and Vic had invited me over to their place for lunch, which I gladly accepted.

I was in the middle of doing my hair, when I heard my phone ringing from my bed. I ran across the room and grabbed hold of it, to see Mike calling.

“What’s up?” I asked, answering the phone.

“Vic and I were wondering if you were up for going out to eat, rather than just at our place?” Mike asked.

“Damn it, I was so looking forward to what you guys had cooked up.” I laughed. “No, it’s fine.”

“Great, you alright for us to pick you up in, say fifteen minutes?” He questioned.

“Yeah that’s fine. I’ll just finish my hair and I’ll be set to go.”

“Awesome, we’ll see you shortly then.” I could practically hear him grinning.

“Yup, see you in a bit.” I smiled and hung up.

I chucked my phone back on the bed and went back over to my mirror, where I had set the straighteners down on their heat mat. I picked them back up and finished my hair, before checking my appearance out. My choice of outfit today consisted of Black leggings, and a loose white vest top, which had a big kiss mark in the centre. I smiled at my reflection and pulled on my boots, before grabbing my sunglasses and slipping them on.

I left my bedroom and made my way down the stairs, where I had kept my bag which held my purse and keys. I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was five minutes until the boys would be here to pick me up. I decided to use that time to go into the kitchen and get myself a glass of water and down it.

Just as I was washing the glass out, there was a knock at the door.

“Give me a minute.” I shouted out.

I heard a muffled okay, as I ran into the lounge where I placed my bag and phone, before making my way to the door. I opened the door and slid my sunglasses down to cover my eyes as I came face to face with Mike. He grinned and stepped down from the step and waited for me to shut the door, before making our way to the car.

As I slid into the car, Vic turned around in the driver’s seat to face me.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m great. How about you, my favourite of the Fuentes bro’s?” I asked smirking.

“I’m goo-“

“I was talking to Vic.” I said, cutting Mike off.

He pouted, causing both Vic and I to laugh. Vic answered, saying he was good and then turned to Mike as we waited for him to talk.

“I hope you know that I’m not talking to either of you anymore.” He said.

“Aww, Mikey, don’t be like that.” I giggled.

“I thought I was your favourite.” He pouted.

“You are Mikey, I was just joking.”

Almost instantly he started grinning, causing us to laugh once again.

During the drive, all three of us sang along loudly, to all the terrible songs that were being played on the radio. Occasionally, one of us would go on a rant, wondering how the singer playing at that moment even got to where they are. It was thoroughly entertaining to be honest and just like the old days.

That’s one thing I was definitely glad about, within the last year of them being gone, they hadn’t changed one bit, they were still the Fuentes brothers I knew and grew up with, constantly looking for a good time.

We eventually pulled up into the car park, and started looking for somewhere decent to eat.

**

Four hours later and we called it a day. Once we had eaten, we wondered around a bit, looking in some shops, before Vic suggested we head back to their place and watch a film. Which was where I had just come from.

I turned down the lift Vic offered and decided to take the short walk back home. I got my phone out and saw the time, five fifteen. Craig had finished work forty five minutes ago and would most likely be stood waiting outside my house. I sighed and picked up my pace.

I got back to my place around ten minutes later and was surprised to see that Craig wasn’t stood outside waiting like I had expected. Shrugging, I made my way up to the door and let myself in.

Just as I turned around to make my way into the kitchen, I came face to face with Craig, causing me to jump and let out a small scream.

“Fucking hell, Craig. Did you have to creep up on me like that? You nearly gave me a heart attack.” I said, clutching my chest.

“Sorry.” He muttered, stepping back.

I moved around him and walked into the kitchen to make myself a mug of coffee.

“How did you even get it?” I asked, turning to face him again.

“You gave me a key, remember?” He said, holding it up.

“Oh. Right, yeah no, I remember.” I smiled.

He just continued to stare at me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

“May I help you?” I asked eventually, getting rather frustrated with him staring at me.

“Yes actually.” He answered, making his way to me.

I could feel myself become nervous, as Craig continued to advance forward, not stopping until he had me pinned between himself and the wall. I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but anger. He looked like a madman, like he was ready to kill.

“Were you with them today?” He spat.

I blinked back the tears, that were suddenly welling up in my eyes and shook my head no, knowing that he’d see right past the lie.

“Don’t lie to me.” He shouted.

I flinched and turned my head to the side, trying to avoid eye contact.

“Now, I’ll ask you again, and you’ll give me the truth.” He said sternly, forcing me to look at him.

“Were you with them today?” He asked slowly.

I gulped and nodded, the tearing spilling from my eyes and down my cheeks.

Craig breathed in deeply through his nose and pushed himself away from me.

“I thought I told you to stay away from them.” He said, coming over to me again.

I moved myself, so I was standing one side of the table, while he was the other.

“They’re my friends Craig, I’m not going to stop seeing them.” I spoke shakily.

“I’m your boyfriend, Sophia, doesn’t that mean anything to you?”

“Exactly Craig, you’re my boyfriend, not my dad, you can’t tell me who I spend days with.” I said quietly.

“When it’s affecting our relationship, yes I can.” He said angrily.

“It’s not them that’s causing this trouble.” I cried.

“Well who is it then? If it isn’t your precious little friends.” He spat.

“You.” I whispered.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” He questioned, pointing to his ear.

“I said it’s you. You’re the one fucking up this relationship, Craig. Not Vic and Mike, you.” I said confidently.

I instantly regretted it though, the look of fury in his eyes scared me, as he once again made his way forward.

“Say that again.” He spoke slowly.

I shook my head no, causing him to grab my face and force me to look at him, and he leant in closer.

“I said say it again.” He spat.

“You’re the one messing up this relationship.” I whispered.

What happened next shocked me. The back of his hand came in contact with my left cheek, causing me to gasp and reach up to it.

“Never and I mean never accuse me of such lies again.” He pointed.

I pushed myself past him and back over to where the kettle has boiled for me to make the coffee.

“I bet you’re cheating on me with that scumbag.” Craig said from behind me.

“I would never do that.” I cried.

“There we go with the lying again.”

“Craig, I’m not lying. Why would I?” I questioned, turning around to face him.

“Because you’re a fucking whore. I bet you go round to his house every day and fuck him like the dirty whore you are. Not to mention every guy you flirt with, don’t think I haven’t seen it, Sophia.” He said.

“Now you’re just being ridiculous.” I sighed.

No I’m not” He shouted. “I’ve seen the way you are, Sophia, I’m not being ridiculous. If you’ve been cheating I want to know.” He said, standing there with his arms crossed.

“I would never dream of cheating on you, Craig. I love you and only you.” I cried.

“See, I don’t believe you.” He huffed.

“I’m telling you the truth Craig, I really am. You have to believe me. If I didn’t then I wouldn’t be putting up with your bullshit.” I spat.

“My bullshit?” He question raising an eyebrow.

“Yes. In these past three weeks, you have done nothing but act like a complete dick head. You don’t trust me one bit, you’re always angry, demanding that I tell you everywhere I go and who with. You’ve become controlling. You’re not the Craig I fell in love with. I’m scared of you Craig, really scared. The Craig I fell in love with would never hit me, would never be like this.” I cried.

“And why am I like that, Sophia? Hmm? Why?” He questioned, making his way towards me again, pinning me to the counter top as it dug into my back.

Answer me.” He shouted.

“Because you’re being paranoid.” I answered shakily.

“No, I’ll tell you why. It’s because I know you have feeling for Mike, I can see it in the way you look at him, I makes me uncomfortable, you shouldn’t be looking at him like that while you’re with me. I also know he has feelings for you. Is that a good enough reason?”

I shook my head no.

“Now you’re just making up excuses, Mike doesn’t like me. Nothing would ever happen between us, we have a brother/sister relationship. Once again, you’re just being ridiculous.” I sighed.

“He told me, Sophia. The night of the shitty barbeque, once I left, he followed me out and we got into an argument where I accused him of having feelings for you and he admitted it.”

I shook my head and looked away.

“You’re still being paranoid. Nothing would happen between us.” I answered.

“Why on earth would I be fucking paranoid?” He questioned.

“I don’t know, maybe you’re the one doing the cheating and just trying to make yourself feel better by trying to make out that I’m the bad person in this relationship.” I shrugged.

Suddenly, I felt his hand connect with my face once again, as he punched me this time. I screamed and stumbled away from him, as he grabbed my arm, spinning me around and pressing his chest against my back. I started crying with how rough he was being, as he shoved me towards the stove. I looked behind me, confused, trying to see if he would explain what he was doing.

He kept hold of my right arm, as he lit up one of the hobs on the stove, as the flames came to life. He started moving my arm forward, just as I realised what he was doing. I started pushing back against him and get my arm free, but no matter how hard I tried, it just wasn’t happening.

The next thing I knew, he was holding my arm over the flames, refusing to move it, even when I was screeching in pain. He waited until there was an obvious mark, before moving my arm. I tried to break free once again, but he just placed my arm back over it and pushing my arm down into the stove, causing me to scream and cry.

“Craig, p-please. It hurts, st-stop.” I begged.

“You’ve brought this all on yourself, Sophia.” He said, with a laugh.

A laugh that didn’t even sound like his. It was almost like some monster had taken over his body.

“I’m sorry. Cr-Craig, please.” I continued to beg.

Instead of letting go, he pushed my arm down harder, causing me to scream once again.

All of a sudden, I heard footsteps making their way to the kitchen.

“Sophia?” I heard my mom ask.

Craig quickly let go on my arm and pulled me away from the stove, turning it off.

“I-I was ju-just helping her. She burnt herself.” Craig stuttered, as I ran past him and mom.

“I saw what happened Craig, I heard her screaming.” Mom spat.

“Sophia. Soph, honey, come back here.” Mom called out as I heard her run after me.

I shook my head and turned to look behind me as I pulled open the front door and ran down the path. I saw Craig walking after me, causing me to panic, and pick up my speed.

Once I got down to the end of the street, I turned behind me and slowed down once I saw that neither of them was following me. I looked down at my arm, crying and hissed as the evening breeze hit it. I clung it to my chest and walked as fast as I possibly could to the one place I always used to go to when I was upset. Mikes.

I turned onto his street and started running again. I got to their front door and started banging on it.

“Mike, Vic? Open up please?” I cried as I continued to bang.

I called out to them once more, when the door was ripped open to reveal Jaime stood there.

“Sophia?” He questioned.

He looked down at my arm and his eyes widened.

“W-What happened?” He asked, pointing at it.

I shook my head and started sobbing harder, causing him to pull me into a tight hug, with my arm still held to my chest.

I cried out in pain as the burns came in contact with the fabric of his shirt.

“Sorry.” He whispered.

“Come on, let’s get you inside and sort your arm out.” He said.

I nodded and stepped inside as he closed the door behind me.

“Who was that the door?” I heard Mike call out.

Both Jaime and I entered the lounge, where Vic, Mike and Tony all sat, drinks in their hands.

“Sophia?” Mike questioned, jumping up.

I started crying once again and just collapsed to the floor. What energy I had left, was finally drained from my body, making it impossible to stay standing.

“Soph, what’s going on?” Mike questioned, kneeling in front of me. “And how did you get those burn marks?”

I shook my head, refusing to speak, as I continued to sob.

“We need you to talk to us, love, other wise we can’t help.” Vic said, as he joined Mike in front of me.

“C-Craig.” I stuttered.

“He did this?” Mike’s voice boomed.

I jumped and coward away from him, as Vic placed a hand on Mike’s shoulder, getting him to calm down.

“What happened?” Tony asked, standing next to Jaime.

“I got home after spending the afternoon here and he was there waiting, he started getting up in my face, telling me not to see you guys anymore, saying you guys were ruining his and I’s relationship. I told him it was him who was doing that and he just flipped out. He hit me and then started accusing me of cheating on him with Mike. I would never do that. I’d never cheat on anyone. But then I said he was paranoid and it was maybe because he was the one cheating and decided to accuse me of it to make himself feel better. He then punched me and burnt my arm until mom walked in.” I cried.

By the time I had finished Mike had pulled me up off the ground, trying to avoid contact with the burns and led the way into the kitchen.

“I’m so sorry he’s done this to you, Soph. I wish I was there to stop him.” He frowned.

“It’s not your fault Mike.” I said, sadly.

He sighed and nodded, before instructing me to go over to the sink. He filled it up with cool water and got me to place my arm in it.

“Keep it in there for about ten minutes.” He said quietly.

I nodded and just looked at my arm soaking in the water.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” He said and kissed my temple, before leaving the room.

As soon as he left, Jaime and Tony came in and made sure I was okay. I just nodded at them both, before we fell into silence again. Mike soon entered again, with Vic following and made his way back over back over to me.

He gentled pulled my arm out of the water and let it dry off slightly, as he instructed one of the guys to grab some cling film.

“Hold your arm out.” He said.

I did as I was told and held my arm out to him as he wrapped the cling film around my arm. Once he was done, he placed the roll back on the counter and led me over to the table so I could sit down. Vic came over with a glass of water and some pain killers, telling me to talk them.

I nodded and popped the pills in my mouth and swallowed them down with a big gulp of water.

“We’re going to need to get you to hospital.” Vic said.

“What, why?” I panicked.

“Soph, you need the correct treatment for that burn, it’s not like the little burns you’d normally get.” He said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“What if they ask me how it happened?” I cried.

“Then you tell them the truth.” Mike answered.

“I can’t do that.”

“He can’t get away with it, Sophia. Not only did he hit you twice, he burnt you. He can’t get away with that.” Mike sighed.

“I can’t tell them. I’m sorry Mike, but I can’t.” I said.

“Fine. I’ll tell them.” He argued and walked out the front door, grabbing his car keys along the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you he'd get worse. This still isn't the end of them yet though, I have a lot of ideas for this story, so keep a look out.

Let me know what you think guys. How much do you all hate Craig?

I'll try and get the next update out soon :)

Becky xx