Sequel: True Love Ever After
Status: Completed <3

Perfect Porcelain

Chapter 3: Maybe I Only See What I Want

Third Person P.O.V.

The boys of Marianas Trench, well 3/4 anyway, woke up the next morning only to be captivated in silence. Normally they could hear Michelle downstairs or her coming upstairs to wake them up -wake up Josh that is- but yet they heard nothing. As they walked down the stairs, and in to the kitchen, they were completely awake at the sight of an empty room. No Porcelain writing or drawing with her can of Coke Zero. Matt, Mike, and Ian all looked at each other shocked, could she really still be sleeping? She was the early riser in the house, yet she hated to be woken up. Yeah, some one still needed to explain that one to them. Still in a state of shock, the three turned around and went to go check and see if she was still in her room, when they stopped right at the entrance to the living room. There, lying on the couch, were Josh and the soon-to-be Porcelain both sound asleep.

The three wondered what the hell they were going to do. How were they supposed to wake up the world's worst morning people, who both hated being woken up? Let alone it being worse because they were asleep together. Josh opened his eyes, hearing whispers. He went to go tell the guys to shut up when he saw Michelle open her eyes as well, a smile on her face. For once she was cheery in the morning, maybe it was the fact that she slept soundlessly and peacefully. "Morning." her voice rang out in to the room softly, causing all heads to snap in her direction, but yet even Josh was smiling this morning. "What? We can't have a good morning? Selfish guys you are." she joked, a smirk on her face. She got up and flitted up the stairs, Josh slowly getting up and following suit. Whatever the hell happened, it had been a good thing.

In record time Michelle was downstairs, dressed and ready to go, grabbing a can of Coke Zero out of the fridge. Seeing as she had to leave her hair down in accordance to Ally's wishes, she was ready faster than usual. The 4 didn't have to wait long for Josh, and the guys watched as Michelle grabbed another can of pop from the fridge, tossing it to Josh "Catch." she said, not looking up from her phone, and he caught it, not looking up from his phone. "Thanks." "No problem." the other's heads lolled back and forth, watching as their eyes never left the screen they were looking at. "How do they even...?" Matt asked, amazed and confused at the same time. "I don't know. I really don't." Mike answered. At the sound of voices, Josh and Michelle's heads snapped up. "What?" they asked simultaniously. Without waiting for answer the two shrugged and headed out the door.

The minute the engined stopped and Michelle opened her door, she was jerked out of the van and tackled in to a hug, a mess of blonde hair surrounding her. "Allly, sweetheart?" she said "Yes?" "I love you, but GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" Michelle said. The girls got up laughing, the boys looking at them like they were insane and should be avoided like the plague. Suddenly Michelle was being pulled by the arm, inside the studio. "GUYS! GUYS HELP ME! PLEASE? Oh sure stand there and laugh. SOME ONE HELP ME. SHE'S GONNA MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A DOLL. GUYS HELP ME! I HATE YOU ALL!" was the last thing they heard before Ally managed to get her inside, leaving the boys standing there laughing their asses off as they walked inside.

Michelle sat there, as still as she could, as Ally worked with her. The first thing was parting her hair down the middle, flat ironing it to be pin straight. "Good. You can see your eyes. I'm surprised they haven't turned blue yet." Ally joked, causing Michelle to glare at her and snarl a bit. "Don't even start with that, you're turning in to everyone else." Michelle said with sarcasm, clearly joking around, but she had always been teased because apparently give her blue eyes and blue hair and she could be the female Josh. Without another word, Ally moved gracefully as she painted gold across Michelle's face, and placing a braided gold head band across her forhead and around her head. The minute she was done, Michelle blinked as she looked in to the mirror. She didn't recognize herself anymore.

Michelle -who was now Porcelain more than anyone else- stood up to move, and kind of shrieked. "What the fuck Ally? Is this why I couldn't see what I was putting on?" Michelle asked, dumbfounded at how her best friend managed to get her in to a dress. A short dress at that, but she had to admit it was pretty. The front stopped about mid-thigh and the back flowed to the ground. Ally smirked, knowing her idea had worked. She smiled at Michelle, who again was shocked because she'd never seen herself look like this. Ally walked forward, her blonde hair bouncing behind her, and she took a key necklace, placing it around Michelle's neck. "There, now you're Porcelain." Ally said and Michelle hugged her, "I should kill you right now, but I love you. Thank you Ally." and Ally giggled at a sudden though. Michelle looked at her, curious."Just wait until Josh sees his Porcelain, that boy won't know what to do with you." Ally said, still giggling. Michelles face went down, her hair curtaining over the red rushing to her cheeks. Ally lifed her best friend's head. "Head up high hun, cause if that boy didn't love you, he wouldn't have asked you to do this. So show some confidence, because you are the one and only Porcelain there will ever be." Ally finished "When did you get so great at pep talks?" "It's a gift." and the two girls walked out in to the main stage, laughing.

The minute she stepped out she was no longer Michelle, no this girl wasn't her in any way, shape, or form. No, the girl that stood before them was a spitting image, of Porcelain. They all heard the laughter of the two girls and all head snapped towards them, but as they walked out in to full view every jaw in the room dropped. Porcelain's head snapped towards the floor, she hated attention and people staring. Suddenly she once again felt her head be lifted, only this time she was brought to the sight of her brother. "Head high, sis. You look amazing... Porcelain." he said to her, smirking a bit. Porcelain smiled, "Thank you." she whispered and she shifted her eyes round the room, but avoiding the gaze of Josh. "He's staring at you, you know." she heard Ally whisper from beside her and then she couldn't help it.

She finally let her eyes settle on Josh, only to find he was indeed already staring at her, he had been since the minute he heard her melodic laughter ringing through the studio. Then she caught his sight and he felt his jaw drop, his eyes becoming glued to her every movement. Then her gaze settled on him after Ally whispered something to her. His first instinct was to look away, but something about her eyes glued to his only made him want to look at her longer. Throughout the entire day, Josh was simply entranced by everything Porcelain did. Every move she made, every word she spoke, every smile that worked its way on to her face. As much as he loved the sight of her, all dressed up and her hair flowing down to her elbows and the gold lighting up her face even more, there was something he loved even more. He loved the sight of waking up to see Michelle downstairs on the couch, curled up and reading in an old baggy t-shirt and some shorts. That was the girl he'd fallen in love with, no matter what she looked like, she was the girl who could make him smile and everything she did captivated more and more of his attention.

At the end of the day, as the boys waited for Michelle, Josh took the time to really think about the day he came home from rehab. Normally, it was something he never thought about and he certainly didn't talk about it a lot. However seeing as it crossed his mind last night, he truely sat there and remembered every detail, or every detail that mattered to him. He started at when he got out of the car at the house. The house he'd called home for a long time. In reality it was Michelle's house, but over time it became the band house because she let them in to stay when no one else really would. As he walked up and knocked on the door, he took a step back and planted himself on the walkway. Slowly, the door opened to reveal a girl he instantly recognized as Michelle. Only she looked like a ghost of Michelle more than anything. Her hair was a mess, her eyes hollow and lines circled them, she was skinnier than ever, and her eyes had lost the spark they once held. However when she saw Josh though, standing on her front porch, her face lit up in a milliwat smile and the warmth was suddenly brought back to her body. "JOSH!" she screamed before trunning and tackling him to ground in a hug and tears were pouring from her eyes. She lifted herself and looked at him "Oh my God it's really you. It's you, it's you, it's you." she broke down sobbing. Josh just held her, sitting up and letting her cry in to his chest and sit in his lap. He smiled when he saw his bandmates emerge from the house, wondering what could cause Michelle to act up, not in the state she had been in. One look and everyone knew, Josh was home and he wasn't leaving ever again.

Josh had later learned from Matt that Michelle had been a wreck the entire time he had been gone, since the day she found out he had been on heroin really. Every day he had been gone she refused to eat, she hardly talked to anyone, and she almost never slept at night. She cried a lot as well and honestly, there was nothing they could do. Even the doctors said it was depression, but yet all the could figure out was that the root of it was simply that she missed Josh. She missed her best friend. That thought hurt him, and he blamed himself for what she went through. He didn't care that what he had gone through was hard, he only cared about how much he had missed her too. He thought about the numerous times everyday he heard his phone ring, but he was never allowed to pick it up. He had again later learned that every call was Michelle, hoping he would pick up and she could at least hear his voice again, maybe get him to sing her to sleep like he did when they were kids. He blamed himself, even when she told him it was the best thing that he did leave, because then he wouldn't be here now with her. Maybe that was the day it should have clued in, the day he held his sobbing best friend in his arms and let her just let it sink in that he was home. Maybe that was the day he should have figured out he loved her, but he didn't. That day was only a puzzle piece, a clue to the fact now stirring through Josh's every thought.

Just then Michelle came rushing out of the building, as if running by them. They all watched her, confused, before follwing her. She wouldn't look at any of them as she drove, she kept her hair in her face. Eventually they reached the house and Michelle ran inside, but not without Josh running after her. The others walked in and left them alone, this was one of those things that was like "Josh and Michelle time". Josh found Michelle on her bed, her face hidden. "Michelle? What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked, and she looked up at him, and that's when he saw her face still marked with intricate designs of gold. "The makeup wouldn't come off. Apparently Ally decided to use waterproof." she said, sad, yet smirking a bit. "Why would you hide that?" he asked her "Because. I just, I hate people staring and if you guys saw me you would laugh and I don't know. I'm just really insecure about it." she blurted out. Her eyes widened, and she covered her mouth quick with her hands. What was it about Josh, and only Josh, that could get her to tell him everything? She looked up to see Josh sitting beside her on the bed. He held her face in his hands as he spoke to her, "You, Michelle Marie Ayley, have nothing to be insecure about. Think about it this way, now you can be Porcelain for a while, but I mean hey, you're always gonna be our Porcelain. My Porcelain." he said and whispered the last part.

Michelle buried her head in to Josh's chest, hugging him. She pulled back and looked at him. "What is it about you? Since the day we met we've been best friends, I tell you everything -even stuff I don't want to- and you're the one who's here with me now. Why? What is it about you, Josh?" she asked, really just mumbling to herself. Josh didn't really answer her, he just held her hands as they lay at her sides, and he pressed his forehead against her's. Michelle could feel her breathing hitch in her throat at the sudden movement that brought them closer. They just stared at each other, for a long time,and they both just started leaning in. All of a sudden, the loud All Time Low ringtone to Michelle's phone rang and they jumped apart. Michelle answered her phone. "What is it, Ally?" she asked, a tad aggrivated. Josh looked at her surprised, never had he seen Michelle this irritated. Maybe once or twice 'cause of them, but this was some how different. "Whatever, I'm coming." and Michelle hung up the phone, still looking a bit angry. She hugged Josh once more before getting up and grabbing her bag. "Thank you, Josh. I um, Ally and I are going-" and she just stopped, her words stutterting. Josh nodded and watched from the front window as she disappeared in to Ally's car. They may have been both wondering what the hell happened, but one thing was for sure: they were both pretty pissed at Ally. Well, Josh was anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
DAMN ALLY YOU COCKBLOCK. Well, not really. More like her phone. ;)