Status: Complete~

Kindred Spirits

Thank You

The two eventually got to Mick's house, they just sat down in the living room together; Mick looked to Jim who seemed to be completely dazed by what had happened, "Jim..."

"I'm sorry," Jim sighed and looked to Mick, "I wanna tell you this," He took a breath, "My ex...He's such a fucking asshole, he holds my past over me and...I can't do anything about it." He shook his head and rubbed his face.

"You can talk to me. I won't judge you."

"Okay," Jim moved his hands, "When I was a young-adult. I was used, this guy...I don't even remember his name. He was my second boyfriend, so I wasn't a virgin but...He used me. It wasn't like that when we got together, it was good, he flipped once and beat me but I stupidly forgave him. Corey was trying to help me out but he was having problems of his own. That was only a year after we met though, we became close quickly, we had a band..." He laughed softly, "Anyway, once sex was involved in our relationship, it was like he wanted it all the time and I couldn't do that, I'm just not that type of person...He cheated on me, to get what he wanted and if not. Then-"

"I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that."

Jim shook his head, "He would force himself on me. I never fought, I was just so...Weak. I eventually got out with Corey's help, I think that was...Four years after I met him but, six being with that monster. Me and Corey had a fling, we ignore it now because we're just better as friends and he got married, had a son. He's obviously not with Scarlett now but he cares about Griffin and he cares for his daughter too. I lost myself a little. I slept around for a while...I realized I was doing something that wasn't...Me. I got a new boyfriend, but I couldn't settle down. I just felt so scared, like it would all happen again, I cheated. It was wrong, but I just didn't want a relationship again, I felt so vulnerable. I got myself better. Met Ed...He helped too, but he was more emotionally destroying than my second boyfriend. He never cheated or hit me but, any chance he got, he would put me down and make me feel worthless, like no-one wanted me..."

"What you did, it was wrong. But thank you, for being honest."

"All that. I was so horrible back then. I broke up with Ed, tried to move on, but because I had trusted him and told him what happened, he just used it against me. Any guy I got close to, he would somehow find them, tell them that I used people for my own gain, or just for sex. I'm not like that, what I did was awful but I changed. He can't let me be happy."

Mick moved closer to Jim, "Look, you've been really honest when you didn't have to. We still barely know each other but I feel close to you already. I'm not gonna leave you because of your past. We all have one, just some are worse than others...I'll be here, to support you and I'll help you find someone new. If they hurt you...I'll hurt them."

"Thank you Mick," Jim smiled softly, "Most people would have hated me for all that."

"It's not your fault. You acted out because someone hurt you. You didn't want to have that emotional attachment because you were afraid of it happening again. Don't worry about it, it's in the past now. And since Ed isn't around, you'll definitely be able to get someone."

"Yeah..." Jim nodded; he looked to Mick, he hadn't realized that the man had moved closer and he was a little surprised, he kept his cool though, even if he wanted to kiss Mick again, "So uh...What happened in the cafe," He paused for a moment, "Our kiss..."

"Don't worry about it," Mick shrugged, trying so hard to act like it was nothing and that he didn't want it to happen again, "I was just trying to help. Though, it didn't work too well."

"No..."

"Are you okay anyway?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. You already asked me."

"Oh yeah," Mick chuckled, "Sorry, I just wanted to be su-"

As much as Jim loved hearing Mick talk; he just couldn't hold himself back, he'd just realized what Mick said about getting "someone new", he probably didn't mean himself but Jim didn't care, Mick was definitely someone new and he just wanted to feel those soft lips on his own again.

Mick was completely taken aback by the kiss, he relaxed and responded; Jim felt his insides shock when Mick kissed him back, he let the man take over and he wrapped his arms around Mick's neck. The shorter man slipped his arms around Jim's body and pulled him a little closer; their eyes closed, their mouths parted and their tongues met in the middle, happily rubbing and twisting together.

Both of them felt completely alive, their insides were on fire and their stomachs tingled from the kiss; slowly, they began to lose their breaths, their minds flipped and their lungs burned for oxygen. They pulled away then pressed their heads together, Jim lightly massaged Mick's back with his fingers as they panted to get their breathing back to normal.

After a while, it slipped back into the normal pace; they opened their eyes and smiled softly, "So...That kiss..."

Mick chuckled softly, "I mean, it was pretty okay but..." He smiled more, "That was definitely better."

"Yeah," Jim grinned, "I'm sorry for cutting you off."

"It's fine," Mick shook his head, "It was worth it for that."

"Uh, me and you? I mean, if you want. You're someone new, really new."

"Yeah. I'd love to," Mick kissed Jim's cheek, "I won't hurt you either."

"If you do. Will you hurt yourself? Since you just said..." Jim grinned playfully.

"Oh yeah. You just let me know then I'll kick my own ass," Mick laughed, "But I wouldn't hurt you, not in any way." He brushed a hand over Jim's cheek.

"You're really sweet, huh?" Jim smiled; he held Mick's hand and kissed the palm, "I like that."

"Yeah, I guess you're lucky. I'm not usually like this."

"Maybe it's because you like me."

Mick smiled brightly, "I think you're right. I like you a lot."

"I like you too. I definitely wanna give this a try."

"Me too."

"Y'know, your lips are really soft."

"Yeah?"

"Just like you!" Jim laughed and cuddled close to Mick; the bigger man just laughed and hugged Jim, he felt good being with Jim like this and he couldn't wait to start a relationship with the man. Even though they still didn't really know each other, he knew it would be fun to go on dates with Jim and just get to know everything.