Status: Complete~

Kindred Spirits

Happy With You

A Week Later.

The two were now living in Jim's house, Mick felt completely comfortable with his boyfriend around, he was happy to sleep with Jim every night, keeping the man in his arms. The first night there, Mick had slept in Jim's spare room, he woke up first and when he went to wake Jim for breakfast, the man was very unsettled, tossing and turning: clearly unhappy.

Mick had found out that Jim was having bad dreams about Mick going, the bigger man set on staying with Jim in bed, he didn't want the man to be uneasy while he slept: he wanted to keep Jim safe from everything. Jim was completely happy with Mick there, he couldn't understand why he always got so nervous and unsettled when he wasn't with Mick.

He wondered if it was because he didn't have Ed to worry about anymore, and that was thanks to Mick. Whatever it was, Jim was truly happy to have the bigger man around, they had found everything out about each other and were now keen on exploring their relationship more; Jim was definitely excited to go on dates with Mick.

Jim's mind snapped back when Mick walked into the room, he smiled at his boyfriend, getting one in return; the bigger man sat on the sofa with Jim and opened his arms up, Jim immediately cuddled close to Mick, the man laughed but held onto his boyfriend, "Hey, you seemed distracted."

"I was just thinking about us." Jim smiled brightly.

"Yeah? What about us?"

"How comfortable and safe I feel with you. How fucking amazing you are for dealing with Ed; not pushing me away because of my past...Okay, maybe I was just thinking about you," Jim laughed softly, "Oh, except what our dates might be like."

"Oh, I'm that good huh?" Mick joked, grinning brightly, "I think they would be awesome! You wanna go out tomorrow?"

"Obviously," Jim grinned too, "Yes! I'd love that."

"Maybe go catch a film at the cinema then we can grab something to eat, there's this nice diner near the cinema."

"Sounds amazing," Jim nodded, "And today?"

Mick rose an eyebrow, seemingly thinking, "Stay with you like this?"

Jim shook his head and chuckled a little, "That's fine with me." He nuzzled into the bigger-man's warmth and Mick smiled again, happily holding Jim close; they turned their heads when they heard a small meow.

"Hi Moose," Mick reached a hand down and stroked his cat, she purred and rubbed herself against his hand; she then looked at him like she wanted something and Mick laughed, "She wants to sit on me."

"Aw," Jim stuck his tongue out, "My man now!"

"Don't be mean Jim," Mick laughed and picked up his cat; he sat her on Jim's back and she happily laid there, "There, everyone is happy." He petted his cat and she purred in response.

"Mick!" Jim pouted, "Take your cat off me."

"No, she's ours," Mick gave Jim a quick kiss, "What's mine is yours, honey."

Jim continued to pout, "Don't call me honey either!" He shifted a little, "I'm not happy..."

"Gosh, you're such a fucking whiner," Mick carefully moved Moose back onto the floor, "Better?"

"Yes," Jim grinned, snuggling close to Mick; the large man rolled his eyes but kissed Jim's head, "I really like you, y'know, you're amazing."

"I really like you too," Mick chuckled, Jim moved up a little and placed a small kiss on Mick's lips, "What's up?" He rubbed Jim's back and kissed him, not happy that Jim hadn't let his lips linger for too long. Jim melted into Mick's lips, loving how soft they were; their mouths parted and their tongues met, immediately twisting and rubbing together, love flowing between them.

They eventually broke the kiss to breathe, just staring deep into each other's eyes; Jim felt completely lost, his heart was racing and he knew he'd fallen for Mick, he didn't expect it to happen so quickly; he didn't have a problem with it, Mick really was amazing and Jim felt lucky to have him, "So, can we get something to eat?"

Mick grinned, "Of course," He was enjoying staring into his boyfriend's eyes, he'd loved them since the moment he saw them: even if brown was a common colour, Jim's were a little different, they looked like chocolate and Mick couldn't help but feel a little drawn in, "I love your eyes."

"I love yours too," The taller smiled brightly, "Come on," He moved off Mick and off the sofa; the big-man stood up and took Jim's hand in his own, "Wanna make something good."

"Yeah, see what we have," Mick led them through to Jim's kitchen, he reluctantly let his boyfriend's hand go and they started looking through the cupboards for something, "You just want some spaghetti babe?"

"Mh, if you're cooking," Jim nodded, "I love the spaghetti you make, it's gorgeous."

Mick grinned, he got out the ingredients and set to preparing their food, "Do you know something?"

"What?" Jim walked over to Mick and placed a small kiss on his cheek, "I know...I'm falling in love with you."

Mick's heart flipped and he looked to Jim, "Me too...When you first talked to me, I didn't think this would ever happen. I mean, we have stuff in common for sure, but you're still so different to me, like you're slender and tall but me..."

"You're fucking perfect Mick," Jim kissed his boyfriend's cheek again, "You're not fat, you're just bigger, you've got all that muscle: unlike me and you're not much shorter!" He laughed, "You're absolutely beautiful, everything Mick and I feel so lucky..."

"I feel lucky too babe," Mick kissed Jim's head, "To say that you're mine, it's such an amazing thing...I'm glad you asked me to kiss you in the cafe, I'm glad you opened up then kissed me again. Even if we barely knew each other then, it's amazing how close we have gotten in the past week and a half."

"Yeah, I love it. I can't wait for our relationship to develop more, I know you're fantastic and I can feel the love between us."

"Me too," Mick smiled brightly, "I'm gonna make sure that you just fall for me more, I'm not gonna risk losing you."

"Okay, make me fall. Just catch me."

"Of course," Mick gave Jim a small kiss, "Now come on, let's get something to eat and we can go cuddle again." Jim smiled too, he pulled away and they set to making their food together, a small conversation about what they wanted to do tomorrow; they both felt really happy together and they couldn't wait to strengthen their relationship and spend time together, they knew it would be absolutely perfect...
♠ ♠ ♠
The End~