Status: Another One-Shot, also dedicated to Gaskarthloveme

Take Me Home

Cross My Heart & Hope To Die

So here’s another day, I spend away from you, another I’m on another broken avenue. My bag is ripped and worn, then again now so am I.

It was the same thing for Jack, wake up at around seven, and shower for nearly an hour before going on to doing his hair. Staring at his reflection he began to poke and prod at his face, taking note of how sunken in and dull his eyes looked. Or now his smile wasn’t nearly as bright as it was when he was a part of his life. You could saw Jack was stuck in a rut, shuffling through his days like a zombie. After he Jack’s life became a broken avenue, his thoughts plagued with Alex, the boy who left and took his heart with him. Five years ago Jack had been left alone. His heart broken while the only boy for him left with another man without a second glance, from what he had heard from Matt Alex had gotten engaged and the wedding was coming up.

I miss the stupid things, we’d go to sleep and then, you wake me up and kick me out of bed at three am

flashback

The pair was a giggling mess, stumbling up the stairs to Alex’s loft the two tried to keep their balance. They had spent a bit of time at a party for Matt earlier in the evening, and the alcohol in their blood streams mixed a slight sugar rush made everything a bit more difficult. Smiling Jack looked at Alex before connecting their lips in a slightly heated kiss, which they both knew at the point in time wouldn’t lead to anything more. Due to the fact that no matter how much he begged, Alex would send Jack back home not much later. They smiled before pulling apart from each other, walking inside Jack followed behind Alex before closing the bedroom door. The clock read midnight, which gave Jack a small window of time to sleep. Falling into bed, with their limbs tangled up in the others, Jack pecked Alex’s forehead, while the other boy fiddled around with an alarm. It wasn’t much later when sleep finally over took them, yet the comfort didn’t last very long as the shrill sound of an alarm pierced the silence alerting Jack to the fact that it was three am, and he only had enough time to slip out before Zack came home. See Zack was Alex’s boyfriend, not that him nor Jack really cared as they were always careful. Sure Zack was a sweet guy, always treasuring Alex as if he was the king, but even then Alex loved Zack, but Jack… Jack was the ying to his yang. His other half you could say, which was why Jack always had to leave at three as at three forty-five Zack would return home to his sleeping boyfriend. With one last kiss goodnight Jack left, heart aching with the guilt he felt.

Take me with you I'd start to miss you

~Two Weeks Later~

“Alex! Please don’t go.” Jack screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks while he grasp for the boy who told him he was leaving. Zack and Alex were moving; the couple felt they needed a fresh start and a new place to begin their lives. Grasping his hand Jack looked up at Alex, eyes swimming with tears while the older boy shock his head, despite the fact his eyes were betraying him. “Alex… Take me with you. I.. I promise you I’ll be better… just don’t go.” He begged helpless while Alex pealed his fingers from his hand. “Jack, you know I’ll always love you. I just can’t do this… us anymore. One day maybe but now I can’t.” Leaning down Alex pressed a chaste kiss to his lips before he walked out the door, leaving Jack a sobbing mess while he babbled I miss yous. to the space where Alex once stood.

Take me home I don't wanna be alone tonight

Laying in a crumbled mess Jack picked up his phone and called the only person who knew that might be able to fix the mess he’d gotten himself into. Thankfully the person whom he called was close enough that he was there in a matter of minutes. Two strong arms scooped up the broken Jack and put him in the back seat. Good old dependable Rian, he had been there the last time Alex had broken Jack, and he swore to himself that he would be there whenever the other needed him. The drive was silent for the most part, only to be broken by a sobbing Jack every so often. Rian knew where he would have to take the boy, the only place he knew where he felt safe was the Barakat home, which was given to Jack by his parents before they moved down south. Even with the house Jack lived in his apartment, as he didn’t feel the need for a large space when he didn’t even have a family. Opening the back door Rian picked up Jack again before carrying him inside. Settling in on the couch Rian pulled Jack into his arms and held him silently. Between broken sobs, Jack explained everything that happened. From the time that the affair had begun, up until now.

And I do want to show you I will run to you for you 'til I can't stand on my own anymore

Within the following months Jack chased after any lead that was given to him in hopes of finding Alex and convincing him to leave Zack. He felt hopeless, as if all the air had been sucked from his lungs, slowly dying while he watched himself wither away. The overly hyper cookie crisp eating Jack was gone replaced with an empty shell.

end flashback

Hotels are all the same, you're still away from me another day, another dollar that I'll never see

Every evening Jack would return to some cheap hotel with some random guy, trying to fill the void with meaningless sex and a string of one night stands, with the occasional hooker thrown in. Sure Jack knew his friends were worrying about him, yet he couldn’t bring himself to care anymore.

I wonder what you’re doing I wonder if you doubt it

After returning home from his latest fling he signed, laying in his head he started at the ceiling his thoughts like always plagued by Alex. Part of him wondered if he was doing well for himself. Or if he even missed him, yet in the back of his mind Jack knew Alex would never doubt leaving him.

Don't know where to go I'm going back to you

Jack was shaken from his thoughts, lost in the sound of rain there was a banging coming from the front door of the Barakat house, slowly he crept down the steps before opening the door. Eyes widening he stared at a soaking wet Alex, hair clinging to his face while he looked up at the boy, or well man whom he left so many years ago. Words seemed to stick in his throat while he tried to figure out what to even say to Alex. Stepping to the side he pulled the man in before waiting to see what he had to say. “Jack, I’m sorry I left… you don’t even understand how much it killed me to leave you the way I did. I loved you, still love you and I know even I can’t make it right.” Alex reached for Jack’s hand, and since his mind was still processing what had just happened he let him. “I left Zack, I told him everything and then I packed my bags and left.” He finished eyes full of hope while he started up at Jack only hoping to be taken back or at least forgiven.

And I do want to show you I will run to you to you till I can't stand on my own anymore I cross my heart and hope to die

Acting on impulse Jack leaned forward and pressed his lips fiercely to Alex, a bruising kiss that reminded him that he was in fact standing with Alex, and not just some dream that his mind was making up from the lack of sleep. “Alex…” he breathed, resting his forehead against the wet man’s. Alex whispered softly. “Jack, I promise you I’ll be beside you from now on, in fact I cross my heart and hope to die.” Jack smiled and lightly kissed him before pulling back “Fine Alex… but I swear to God, and on my copy of Home Alone if you break me again you won’t be coming back again.” Jack was deadly serious, especially because he refused to joke about his Home Alone dvd, but honestly he didn’t care anymore, Alex was back and he finally felt whole again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so this is my second time writing something to put on here. Comments would be greatly appreciated. I might take requests for one shots and suggestions. So yeah. I hoped you enjoyed this.