You Are Exactly My Brand of Heroin

Welcome Home.

Los Angeles: A city where all your hopes and dreams come true... and crumble to pieces. A very unforgiving city with suspense and both good and bad surprises around every corner, and we were in it.

We'd just gotten off of the plane and were inside the airport, waiting for Matt B. and Jason to pick us up. Everyone had gathered into one group by the windows. They all carried on they're own conversations while I sat silently between Brian and Natalie, staring out the window and taking in all of the scenery. I hadn't been to L.A. since I was eighteen - four years ago - and it had changed a lot.

"I miss this place so much. Remember when we all came to that Metallica concert here?" Natalie asked. Brian and I laughed.

I nodded and said, "Yeah, I remember. I was only thirteen, and you guys decided that it was time to show my the real meaning of the word drunk." I smiled over at Brian who laughed even harder.

"I wouldn't be laughing, honey. Remember? You were the one who got the job of holding her hair back when she got sick later on from the moment you put that bottle of beer in her hand," Val said coyly. Brian stared at her for a moment then cringed as everyone but Taylor, Ciara, and the rest of my band, seeing as they weren't there.

Johnny doubled over laughing and attempted to speak while Brian's face turned red, meaning that he knew what he was about to say. Johnny caught his breath and said, "Dude, do you remember when she threw up in your lap on the way back to Huntington?" Everyone - even the ones who weren't there when this all took place - laughed but Brian who rubbed the back of his neck as he blushed even more.

"Unfortunately, yes, but I think that was the only bad thing that happened that night," Brian smiled at me and I smiled back. That was one of the best nights of my life.

"Yeah, bro. We got to show the kid the ropes, listen to some bad ass music, and get totally smashed! What more could you ask for?" Jimmy shouted as he tousled my hair, which I immediately fixed.

"Um... Hello? Some fucking ass?!" Zack stated more than asked. Taylor glared at him and punched his chest. "Ow! What the hell was that for?!" he shouted as he rubbed his right peck.

"What the fucking hell do you think that was for?! 'Um... Hello?! Some fucking ass?!' Do you expect to get some ass from random chicks after every show you play?!" Taylor shouted. Yup. They were together and madly in love with each other.

"No, baby," Zacky cooed as he rested his hand on Taylor's thigh. "Just from you." He growled and squeezed her thigh. She giggled and batted her eyelashes at him as he softly kissed her lips. Everyone 'ewwed' or just rolled their eyes.

"No wonder you two are together. All he has to do is talk and then like magic, you're naked," Logan said smartly. Zack blushed while everyone else laughed but Taylor glared at him. Zack knew he had that affect on girls, and he didn't seem to be ashamed of it until it was openly addressed.

Still yet, Taylor and Logan were ex's. When I first me Taylor, she and Logan had been dating for two years. They were madly in love and perfect for each other. Even though Taylor was just a tad bit on the high maintenance side, Logan tried his best to please her in every way possible. He was good to her. Very good to her, but maybe too good to her. He was every girl's dream boyfriend, and I've always said that whoever wins that boy's heart will be one lucky girl. Taylor, on the other hand, didn't seem to think that she was very lucky at all. A year later, Taylor cheated on Logan, claiming he was too clingy and wasn't the same Logan she'd known two years ago. Of course, Logan was heartbroken and resorted to alcohol to cure it. He was the only guy Taylor had ever cheated on, and once everything had settled in, Taylor felt terrible afterward. Even so, Taylor knew that she could never go back to him. She'd been unfaithful and he'd had his heart broken by the girl he planned to marry someday. They loved each other but knew that it was no longer meant to be.

Months after that shakedown, the two made up and have been close friends ever since. Still yet, a bit of that past arose every now and then in one of them, and from what we'd all just heard leave Logan's mouth was a little part of that past love. Everyone but Brett, Jordan, Garrett, and I laughed, knowing that there was venom, protectiveness, and jealousy dripping from Logan's words as he stared daggers into Zacky's back, but he knew that he couldn't ruin Tay's happiness. She still meant the world to him, and if it meant seeing her with Zacky for every waking moment of the rest of his life just to make her happy, he'd be sure that it happened for her.

"Abby!" I heard from a distance and from an unfamiliar voice. It emanated from beyond the group that was huddled in front of us, but within moments, I was able to put that voice to a very familiar face as Matt B. burst through our group with Jason not far behind.

"Matt B.!" I shouted as I jumped up and ran into his open arms. He hugged me tightly and spun me around, all the while I giggled. He finally put me down only to face his twin brother, Jason. I squealed and threw my arms around my neck. These boys were a large part of my past. They were always there for me and would always listen to what I had to say. They were just all-around amazing.

Jason released me but held me at arms-length to look me over. I smiled shyly as Matt B. joined him. They'd both always had a crush on me, and they weren't afraid to show it.

"Day-um, girl. You've... uh, matured in the past few years, haven't cha?" Jason's eyes traveled from my chest to my eyes. Everyone laughed but Matt, my brother.

"Alright, you two. Let's go get our shit and get out of here," Matt said sternly. Matt B and Jason smiled weakly at me, remembering how Matt was, as I bit my lower lip and shrugged my shoulders before they followed my brother to the luggage exchange.

Brian's house was enormous and very beautiful. I'd never seen such an amazing house. I couldn't believe that he'd let it sit empty for so long just because of Michelle.

We'd already gotten to Huntington Beach, and Brian insisted that we go to his house as our first order of business. Matt was going to object, but Val stepped in. She was a life saver. Val simply told my brother that they would each return to their individual homes and she and Matt would take mine and Brian's bags back to their house. I knew Matt hated that I was going to be alone with Brian, but at this point, I didn't care. Yes, he's my brother, and I knew he loves me, but do you call interrupting happiness a form of love?

And so, after I quickly introduced all of my friends to Matt B. and Jason, Brian and I hurried out of the vehicle. Now, here I am, exploring Brian's house. Wow. I sighed as I rested my hand on my hip and cascaded down the stairs. Two stories, four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a studio, a game room, and a deck, not to mention the fact that it was right on the beach, a place where Brian and I used to spend every day of our summers together. It was my dream home.

I walked through the gigantic kitchen and out the sliding glass doors, off of the deck, and onto the beach. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and let the cool sand relax my aching feet. This was what I missed about Huntington Beach. The smell of the salty air, the sound of the crashing waves, the sunset, the breeze caressing my entire body, the cool sand beneath my feet - I missed it all.

I exhaled, opening my eyes seeing the sun set just over the horizon. My gaze moved from the sun to the beautiful way it glistened off of the rolling waves of the ocean, crashing onto the shore. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I smiled as Brian kissed my neck a few times before resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Welcome home, baby."