Sinking

Prologue

Excitement filled every inch of Louis Tomlinson’s body as he packed his bags for yet another trip across the ocean. In his 21 years, he had sailed what felt like hundreds of times. As a pastime of his father’s, it was something he had the privilege of doing. If they were not sailing with his mother and sisters, they were at home, wishing they could feel the sway of the ocean beneath their feet.

It was not as if they could not afford to live on a boat. They could. His mother just had other plans for him and his sisters. Dreams of marrying and having a career on land and not a foolish dream of living on endless boats. There were better things to do, she knew it, they all knew it. Louis did not feel that way, he felt like the ocean was his calling, he could easily make a career out of it, learn to steer, sail his own ships. As a matter of fact, this trip, he could spend time with the captain himself. His father was a close personal friend with the man, so he could get an in like no one else.

It was unlikely the boy would learn much this trip. There was more to be accomplished. He wanted to explore. It was a new ship with a new layout. The possibilities of new adventures were enless. He could accompany the ship to America and then return home later on. May it be on this ship or another one.

Through all the thoughts, the plotting and the packing, Louis had not noticed his sisters sitting quietly in the corner of his room. Tears streaming down their pretty faces. “I will be back soon.” He smiled at them. They all shrugged and played with the hem of their dresses. “Don’t look so blue.” He laughed. “I promise to bring back presents, how does that sound?” All of their eyes lit up. They ran up to hug him tightly. Mumbles left their lips. Only slightly, could Louis hear “I love you” and “I’ll miss you” Their delicate voices nearly silenced with the pain of their brother leaving.

Louis found himself in his mother’s room before long. Her face emotionless as she stared at her only boy, at her oldest child. “Must you really go?” She asked, reached out for him.

“I promise not to be gone long. You will see me soon enough.” The boy hugged his mother and kissed her cheek.

“I blame your father for this. You would be a normal boy spending time with his friends and girls if he did not drag you along on his crazy adventures.” She ran her fingers over his cheeks and stuck her bottom lip out.

Louis sighed and shook his head, “I’m no longer a boy. It is time for me to spread my wings, no? Besides, I make plenty of friends each trip. We stay in touch, we write. I’ve met a few girls as well, no one that sticks out to me yet.”

His mother sighed. “Very well. You do not want to miss your trip. Promise to keep a journal for me to read?”

“Of course, I always do.” Louis stood up and collected his things. “I love you.” He smiled once more before walking out the door and down the stairs.

Louis waved to his sisters quickly before moving through the door of their house. Deep down, he knew this trip would be unforgettable. Something about the thought of it sent chills down his spine. He never once thought the chills were bad. His trips were always good. All he could imagine was making history with this journey. Somehow, he would do it.

He walked down the street toward the docks. He imagined what adventures he would find. Maybe he could finally meet the girl of his dreams or friends worth staying in touch with. Maybe meet no one and uncover a mystery. The possibilities were endless. But he did not let himself linger on the “What if’s” as the ship came into view.

The ship was enormous, the largest he had ever seen. Of all the times he sailed, of all the voyages he found himself on, he never imagined he would step foot on something that would surely make history.

His eyes scanned the massive vessel as hoards of people pushed past him. One word ran through his mind as he took in her beauty, “Titanic.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! I was not expecting 8 of you to already be interested in this story! Thank you :)

Of course, this story is going to be short, I warned you ahead of time. It's going to probably kill you, as it has already started killing me.

I am not used to writing like this, so forgive me if it sounds weird. Haha. I am trying. I am not good out of my comfort zone, but I need to try. ♥

Hang in there with me. Don't let me give this story up, because I have been killing myself over it.

I wanted to write the entire thing first, but I don't like making people wait and I am a very impatient person :P

xx Bambi