Status: Don't know how many I'll post soo...

A Collection of Short Stories

This is Now

Hello, my name's Kendall Johnson. I'm seventeen years old, and my birthday is the seventh of December until I stop aging. I am a senior at Woodrow Wilson High. There's actually more to me than meets the eye. I'm a vampire, but not just any vampire, I'm the daughter of the king and queen among vampires, William and Clarissa Johnson. My natural enemy is the were-wolf. But what happens when I fall for the enemy? Will my parents accept it? Will his? Or will our love for each other create the biggest war ever between vampires and were-wolfs?

Hello, I'm Dominic Morgan. I'm eighteen years old, and my birthday is the eighth of November until I stop aging at the age of twenty. I'm a senior at Woodrow Wilson High. There's actually more to me than meets the eye. I'm a were-wolf, but not just any were-wolf, I'm the son of the king and the queen among were-wolfs, Daniel and Sapphire Morgan. My natural enemy is the vampire. But what happens when I fall for the enemy? Will my parents accept it? Will hers? Or will our love for each other create the biggest war ever between vampires and were-wolfs?

This is who we are.

"Excuse me miss, but do you mind handing me my pencil, clumsy old me dropped it." The boy behind me whispered, tapping on my shoulder.

"Of course." I said, barley listening. I rolled the pencil with my foot so it was more in the reach of my hand. I snatched it up and turned around to hand it to the mystery boy.
I paused, his eyes were so pretty. Blue, but green at the same time.

"Thank you." He whispered, smiling.

"No problem." I squeaked, a little to loudly.

"Miss Johnson, Mister Morgan. Do you think what you have to say to each other is more important than learning algebra?" The teacher, Mrs. Keller asked, she was standing right in front of us now. So close that her spit actually landed on my desk.

"Actually Mrs. Keller, I do. I honestly don't see how algebra would help us later on in life." Mystery boy said.

I coughed a laugh. Mrs. Keller was steaming mad at that remark.

"So you think that's funny, do you, miss Johnson?" Mrs. Keller asked angrily.

"No Mrs. Keller. I actually think it's hilarious." I said before busting out laughing. I took a peek at mystery boy and realized that this was the start of a wonderful friendship.

I was only half right. It tuned out to be the start of a wonderful relationship.

"Dominic!" I shouted laughing, because Dominic was chasing me trying to tickle me.

"Oh, I'll get you." Dominic growled, literally growled. Which caused me to stop in my tracks and turn around to stare at him in horror.

"What is it?" Dominic asked playfully, trying to grab my hand. I pulled away, causing him to look at me with confusion and hurt in his eyes.

"You're a were-wolf." I stated, red tears leaking from my eyes. Yes, I know red. I'm a vampire, what do you expect?

"And you're a vampire. Who cares?" Dominic announced throwing his hands up in the air in frustration.

"You knew?" I asked awestruck, staring at him with my big blue eyes.

"I knew it from the beginning, but I don't care, and neither should you. Aren't I more important to you than some stupid unwritten law among our kinds? That's why I ignored it, because you're just to important to me. Aren't I to you?" He explained gently grabbing my hand. Which I allowed.

"You're right." I said as he took our folded arms and gently rubbed my crimson tears away.

And so that's how we accepted each other. After that moment everything was okay, at least until I told my parents about Dominic. Dominic and I both decided keeping this from our parents wasn't right, so we were both telling our parents tonight.

"Mom." I said unsure of weather to tell them about Dominic or not. Dominic told me I could, but I'm still not so sure.

"Honey. What's wrong?" My mom asked gently, noticing my behavior.

"It's just there's this boy, and I'm afraid you and dad won't approve of him." I said purposely leaving out the fact he's a were-wolf.

"Oh, honey. Why wouldn't we?" My mom asked patting my shoulder.

"He's a were-wolf." I said quietly.

My moms eyes turned red, and her fangs slid out. She was mad, and I mean mad. Which caused my father to materialize into the room. Literally, that man pops up whenever he feels the need to.

"What is it Clarissa?" My dad asked frantically.

"Ask your daughter." She snarled, pointing down at me.

"Kendall." My dad hissed.

I slowly told him what I just told mom, causing him to throw me in my room, and position guards outside my door.

I took out my phone and called Dominic, my walls are sound proof, my parents wouldn't be able to hear me. He answered on the first ring.

"Kendall, is everything all right?" Dominica asked, he was whispering.

"I told my parents. They've locked me in my room, there are guards outside my door." I said throwing open my window and looking down. The drop wasn't to bad, being a vampire I know I could make it.

"I told my parents to, their planing to fight tonight." Dominic's whispered.
I stopped dead in my tracks. Fighting?

"What do you mean fighting?" I asked quietly.

"A fight between vampires and were-wolfs." Dominic whispered, I could hear the worry in his voice.

"We have to stop this. Where can I meet you?" I asked jumping out my window.

"Turn around." He said then the phone went dead.

I did as he asked me to, smiling, because I already knew why he said to turn around.
I jumped in his arms, and he twirled me around.

"How will we stop this?" I asked as he put me down.
"I don't know, but it's starting now. We have to go. I know where it is. Follow me." Dominic said quickly but quietly before turning abruptly south. I ran beside him, our paces matched each others.

We ran for about 45 miles before we came to a highly populated field. The were-wolfs were on the right, the vampires on the left. My parents were leading the vampires, and his were leading the were-wolfs.

The scene was horrible. The weather matched the mood. Heavy, ugly, black thunderstorm clouds littered the sky. The rain was falling, a light sprinkle at first, that slowly grew into a full blown storm. The sand was turning to mud, it stuck to your shoes with every step.

Dominic and I looked at each other, already knowing what had to be done. We ran in between the two sides, hand in hand.

A growl erupted from the wolfs and a hiss from the vampires.

"Kendall, get away from that dog!" My father shouted, his voice full of authority.

"No father! And he's not a dog, he's a man. And she is a women!" I said pointing to, who I assumed to be, Dominic's mother.

Dominic's mothers facial expression softened, if only a little bit.

"Kendall, dear, you're talking nonsense. What did that..boy do to you?" My mother asked, she didn't ask as harshly as I thought she would. She said it, almost romantically.

"Dominic! If this will make you happy, I'm all for it, but that doesn't mean I approve." The man, who I assume is Dominic's father, barked.

"It's what I want father." Dominic said, giving my hand a squeeze.

"No!" Someone shouted and launched their self at Dominic's father, it took me a minute to realize it was my uncle Barney. My fathers brother.

My father jumped into action, launching himself in between the two. He grabbed his brother and threw him.

"You dare defy me!" My father shouted. Dominic's father was looking at my father with completely new eyes now.
"They are monsters, William!" Uncle Barney shouted, spitting blood out of his mouth. He was sprawled out in the mud. His eyes red, and his fangs out.

"The children are right, Barney! What makes them so different from us? We are both monsters. We both kill people. They may grow hair, and we may sprout fangs, but we are the same." My father explained. He was circling uncle Barney now, not taking his eyes from his.

Knowing my uncle, he will never surrender. Never agree with my father.

"And if you don't agree, and follow my rules, I will kill you myself." My father said, surprising the vampires and the wolfs.

"Then kill me William. Kill your own brother. And for a bunch of dogs too." My uncle snarled, spitting blood out on my fathers shoes.

"You were never a brother to me, Barney. And I am not doing this for the were-wolfs, I'm doing this for my daughter." And right after daughter left his mouth uncle Barney's head lay 10 feet from his body. My father tore it off.

After that ordeal he approached Dominic's father, and Dominic's father approached him, and they grasped hands.

"You are a great man, William. I could not imagine a better girl for my boy if your daughters anything like you." Dominic's father said, shaking my fathers hand.

I looked up at Dominic, tears in my eyes.

"We did it." I said, as Dominic wrapped his arms around me for a hug.

"That we did, Kendall. That we did." Dominic said, a kiss lingering on my forehead.

From then on the vampires and the were-wolfs lived together in peace. And all it took was the courage of two young teenagers and their love for each other to make their world a better place.
♠ ♠ ♠
As I said, I wrote this one. It was for English class. It's not very good because it was rushed.
Comment, recommend, subscribe?