Status: I will update this story when I can, so please don't expect any kind of regular update. Thank you!

The Hummingbird's Heart

Meeting

Wednesday was supposed to be another normal day in Fraser Taylor's life- only that it wasn't.

He was supposed to see Gus today. He was coming to his place and they were going to discuss a song they currently write. The rest of Young Guns would come a little later, but maybe not until after lunch. Fraser was ready with his guitar and he knew that when the bell rang that it was Gus- only that he wasn't alone.

He was with a girl.

So Gus brought a girl. It wasn't strange and strange at the same time. They hang out two nights ago and he still girlfriend-less by that time, so he met this brunette less than a day ago and now he already brought her to important meeting for them as a band? That was very unlike him. Fraser knew him long enough- they practically together since the beginning of Young Guns- and he knew that Gustav Wood was that kind of reserved person, who would be nice to you but keep his private life to himself. So what makes this hazel-eyed girl who had the same way of staring at Fraser as Gustav had that he let her in to his life so easily?

"Good morning," the brown-haired girl grunted.

Gus only stood on her side, his left forearm was on his left, in front of his torso, with his shoulders slightly raised upwards and he looked around, fumbled beside the girl who sighed and tugged him by the arm so that he walked with her inside Fraser's apartment.

Fraser jaw dropped.

Who is this tiny girl who bosses Gus around?

"Where's everyone else?" she stared up at Fraser, who luckily remembered to close his mouth. He shook his head in order to clear his mind and coughed before looking at Gus, who cringed when Fraser stared him.

"Uh...Gus...who is this?"

Fraser could practically feel her glare on the side of his face, but he needed an explanation from the Young Guns' vocalist about this random person he just brought into the meeting. But even Gus' weird act of bringing his girl- or at least Fraser thought she was his girl- was nothing compared what happened next. The still-unnamed girl grabbed his left arm and pulled him inside, with Gus following behind them, his face looked so faltered he was about to cry.

"Hey! Who do you think you are? Let me go!" he groaned, but she was stronger than he expected, since she was so much shorter than him.

When they were inside Fraser's apartment, she shoved him to the sofa and Fraser was about to shout at her when she grabbed him on both his shoulder and growled through her teeth, "I am Gus."

Fraser only blinked in response.

"I'm Gustav Wood, your band-mate, the vocalist, the half-Norwegian," she continued, somehow looking desperate. Gus was on the background, looking around Fraser's rather messy flat like he was there for the first time.

"O-okay..." Fraser only said that so that she would step back.

She really did back away from him after that.

"So, uh, if you're Gus..." Fraser then pointed at Gus behind her. "Who is that, then?"

The girl mumbled, "It's Audrey."

"...Who is Audrey?"

"I don't exactly know- she's doing post-doc in Manchester University, though."

"I- how- post-doc?" If this was a prank, then Fraser was never know that Gus could be this crazy when toying with other people's perception.

"Audrey," she called at Gus. "Would you care to explain to Fraser here what happened?"

Gus walked towards them- well, more like fumbling, really, since he looked like woman who wear high heels for the first time.

"So this is Fraser? The pizza socks guy?"

She nodded and Gus, who was apparently wasn't Gus, grinned at him in a strange way that Fraser knew that Gus didn't grin like that.

"Nice to meet you- I'm Audrey," he (Gus, but Fraser started to believe that it was really Audrey inside him) shook Fraser's hand.

"Audrey," the girl groaned. "The explanation, please?"

"Oh, right," Gus smiled apologetically. "Sorry. Hi, Fraser, I'm really Audrey. I look like your best friend Gus, I know, don't freak out just yet, but I'm not. I'm Audrey. I'm a post-doc student in Faculty of Science, doing research-"

"What?" Fraser cut him off.

"She's saying that she's inside my body," the brunette who stood next to them grunted, again. "I'm Gus. I know who done stupid things like tattooed a house in their butt when we were in Sydney- what else do I need to prove to make you sure that I am indeed Gustav Wood?" She sounded like she ran out of patience, something that Gus tends to do when they're near with their deadline.

Gus- or Audrey on the inside with Gus on the outside- shot Fraser a smile. The smile was so girl-like that Fraser couldn't help but laugh.

Gus in Audrey body pouted, "Now, Frase, is that really necessary?"

He kept laughing and Audrey in Gus body looked embarrassed.

"Maybe we shouldn't tell anyone just yet, Gus," she said with Gus' heavy voice.

Gus nodded, "Yeah, but he already know." Fraser had no idea that Gustav Wood would sound so smug in a high-pitched girl voice.

Fraser laughed for another good minute before he stopped and squinted his eyes at Gus in a girl's body.

"What happened, Mate? I know you fucked things up sometime, but this is beyond fuck up."

He looked a little relieved that Fraser trust him, "I have no idea."

"And you..." Fraser turned to see the girl- Audrey, who stood in Gus lanky body. "Are you really a PhD-"

"Post-doc," she corrected.

"...Right, post-doc, whatever, student from Manchester?"

"You heard us," she chuckled.

"Wow..." Fraser couldn't remember the last time he felt so intrigued by life. "This is bizarre. Completely bizarre. What should we do, uh...Gus?" he looked at the girl-bodied Gus who shrugged.

"I guess we'll just have to go on making song."

Audrey commented using Gus' voice, "Uh uh, I'm not sure you'd want to hear me- I mean, Gus trying to sing in my body."

Gus begged to differ and he tried to sing 'Bones' with his new, girl vocal chord.

The result made Audrey face-palmed and Fraser laughed so hard he practically rolling on the ground, laughing.