Sex, drugs, and Rock N' Roll often isn't the best thing in life..

Life can have such big mistakes - Lights, Camera,

"Happy Birthday kiddo!"

Derek gave her a kiss on the cheek, and handed her an envolope.

"What is it?" I asked enquireingly.

I pulled out two tickets to a My Chemical Romance concert, and gasped.

"I know you're like.. In love with the lead singer. So happy birthday Cassie. It's your twenieth, and i want to make it special."

Tears slid down my cheeks. This was going to be hard. How was I supposed to watch him crooning into a microphone all night after what he had done to me when we were 16?
It's time to face the music hun.

Gerards' P.O.V.
Lights, camera, action...

I sat on an upturned bucket back stage, as I waited for my que. A ray of light was focused on center stage. I run out, and hear girls screaming. I check behind me, to make sure the band is in place, before we start...

1,2.. 1-2-3-4!
Well when you go,
Don't ever think,
I'll make you try to stay,
And maybe when you get back,
I'll be off to find another way.


I look into the mosh pit, but I'm forced to squint, because of the lighting. I squat down and give my hand for a crowd... get the kids even more hyped up, you know? Then I see something... A familiar face perhaps? Probably just another fan, I think to myself... But then her eyes meet mine, and I know who she is. My voice cracks a little as I keep singing..

Cassies' P.O.V.
I have to get out of here.

As soon as the show ended, I took off. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to leave... I had to get as far away from the as physically possible.

I ended up in an empty parking lot, with my back against a fence, sobbing.

Why did I even come?
Because it's your fate. You need him in your life.

I saw a shadow fall across me.

"Hello Cassie."

Gerards' P.O.V.
"Hello Cassie."

Damn, that made me seem creepy.

She shifted awkwardly, and her eyes met mine.

"I'm not here to hurt you."

She nodded sullenly

"Why are you here Gerard? You almost killed me back in high school you know? I fell off that bar stool and hit my head."

She flipped her hair over her face, revealing a long red scar running from her ear to the center of her neck.

"You put me in a coma for 13 days. You always hated me, so why the fuck are you here?"

Silence fell over us. It seemed like hours before I dared speak.

"Because I-I love you."

I turned my head, and her lips brused mine.

"Why then? W-Why'd you torture me?"
"Because I was an alcoholic. All I wanted was to make myself seem tough, so I put on a skin that wasn't my own... And because I was scared."