Sex, drugs, and Rock N' Roll often isn't the best thing in life..

The past revealed

"My dad."

Breathing deeply, I started my story.

"When I was little my dad would rape me and my sister."

I paused for a second, so I could hold back tears. Gerard kissed my forehead and whispered into my ear.

"Don't worry. Just let it all out."
"I was sent to a foster home in New Jersey when I was around 15. My foster parents payed absolutely no attention to me. After my encounter with you..."

I looked up, and he winced, but kept quiet, so I continued.

"After my encounter with you, and after I got out of the hospital, I realised that my foster parents wouldn't do shit to protect me. They just wanted the money the government had been giving them.
So I packed up what I could, and left. I found my way to Washington, where I grew up. I then learned that my father had just been let out of jail, and was living in my old house.
One night, I was stupid enough to go back, just to... well see him you know? He's still my father, and always will be.
He was nice. He still drank, but he took me in, and promised he would never lay another hand on me again... ever.
He lied though. As I spent more time with him, he became abusive again. The night before my B-Birthday...
He raped me."

And with that, I burst into tears. I could see tears forming in Gerards as well, as he held me closer to him. I leaned my head against his chest, and at the same time, we both whispered the three words that would change our lives forever...

"I love you."