Status: Formerly 'I Still Hear the Rain'

Desperate Conversation

Don't Make This Easy

Brittany-

Today I refused to get out of bed. As usual, I was left home alone. I didn’t mind it, I actually enjoyed it. This was the only time I wasn’t getting abused. Ever since I was little, my mother would hit me. When I was fifteen, I was molested by my boyfriend. I was raped nearly every day since. One day, I got pregnant. I now have a two year old daughter, Maddy. She lived with my grandmother. At least until I graduated. I saw her every day and I made sure of it. There was a loud knock at the door. Crawling out of my bed to look out the window, I saw the familiar skunk haired boy. Slowly I made my way down to the door. Dreadfully I opened the door and looked at him.

“Jack? What are you doing here?”

“Uh, yeah. I just came by to apologize for last night. We were way out of line. So I’m gonna go. See you at school.” With that he turned on his heel and walked down the path. I shut the door behind him before walking to the kitchen to get something to eat. Another knock came from the door. I looked out the window again to see Rian, Jack and a little boy.

“Hi Rian…” I spoke as I opened the door.

“Sorry or any inconvenience, but I wanted to make sure this one apologized and to see if you’re okay.” My eyes went from Rian to Jack. I was about to speak when I saw the boy clutching to his leg.

“I gotta go potty!” He whined. Jack groaned.

“Bathroom is around the corner that way.” I pointed. He mouthed a ‘Thank you’ and hurried to the bathroom. I let Rian in and we stood in the hall awkwardly.

“Lovely home.” Rian said breaking the silence.

“Hah. Nice one.” I muttered under my breath. Rian looked at me cautiously. He opened his mouth to speak but the child came running back in the room.

“Nathan, calm down.” The skunk haired boy told the young child who was nearly bouncing off
the walls.

“NO!” He screamed at the top of his lungs and continued jumping on the furniture.

“You guys can sit down if you’d like. Would you like anything to drink?” I offered.

“Thanks.” Jack said lightly.

“There’s soda and water.”

“Soda please.” The two said as they sat down. As I came back I watched the child kick Jack. Right where it counts. I suppressed a laugh and went to him.

“Are you okay? I’ll get you some ice…”

“Yeah I think so.” He choked.

“Well Jack, you know what they say… Karma’s a bitch.” I winked and went into the kitchen to get some ice for him.

“Hey, we have band practice later, you should come.” Rian smiled. Yeah, so you can hurt me more?

Rian-

I waited for an answer patiently. I was trying to be a nice guy and all, hoping to make her smile. Jack and Alex torture her so I wouldn’t blame her if she said no.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t want to do you?” I asked as I looked at my hands.

“No, it’s just-”

“Alex?” Jack finished her sentence for her. She nodded. I glanced at her wrist and nudged Jack, slyly pointing to it. She must have noticed us looking, she pulled her sleeve down. Jack and I shared a look.

“Come on, don’t worry about him.” I persuaded her. “He’s an ass at times. Don’t let him get to you.”

“Fine. If I say ‘yes’ will you stop nagging me?”

“Yes.” We grinned and spoke in unison. “Now, let’s go!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, y'all are fast. Shout out to cindycannibal and TheSun! Anyway... As promised!

Love you!

-Brittany oxoxo