Status: Formerly 'I Still Hear the Rain'

Desperate Conversation

Say You Mean It

Rian-

Zack and Alex pulled up to my family’s household to see her sitting there with Jack and I. He shut the vehicle off and got out of the car, before grabbing the instruments from the backseat. The two of them walked up to us. She laughed at Jack as he tossed French fries in the air and caught them in his mouth. It was beautiful, just as she was.

“Hey, I’m Zack.” Our bassist smiled to the girl.

“I’m Brittany.” She wiped her tears from laughing and stood up to shake his hand.

“Why is she here?” Alex looked to me as I sipped on a milkshake.

“I invited her. Plus she’s into photography, so I thought that we could let her work with us. What’s the big deal? We need a photographer anyway.”

“The big deal is that I don’t fucking want her here! She’s just gonna get in the way.” The front man growled and glared at the innocent girl who deteriorated before our eyes.

“Dude-” Zack tried to intervene and prevent Alex from scaring her off.

“Don’t dude me. We have practice.” He spat turning to face the girl who was not only terrified but hysterical. She was having a panic attack. Jack stood next to her trying to get her to breathe as Zack and I confronted Alex.

Seriously, what was Alex’s problem with Brittany? She’s a nice girl, can’t he just see that? I always knew Alex was a bit of a douche but this was way far beyond than what I thought. Now because of that dumbass a girl is emotionally hurt I need to find her to make sure she’s okay. In some way this was my fault the whole thing happened. I was the one who invited her after all. I stopped running to catch my breath. I’ll try calling her I thought. I pulled out my phone and dialed away. I sighed as I was sent straight to voicemail.

“Dammit, where could she be?” I continued on the path that I was on and found myself in front of a cemetery. “ Could she be…” I opened the gate and made my way in. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared. Being surrounded by a bunch of tombstones was the creepiest feeling in the world and then the fact that it was dead quiet made it a bit worse. I looked every which way for Brittany. After countless rows of tombstones, I spotted a figure knelt down in front of one.

“What is she doing here? I walked closer to her but kept my distance. The closer I got the more I could faintly hear her speak.

“Dad, why did you have to leave me?” I listened to her quiet sobs. “Ever since you’ve been gone i- I’m just ready to give up.” A stick beneath my feet snapped startling us both.

“It’s just me.” I spoke gently trying to calm her down.

“Oh, Rian. How did you find me?” She dried her tears.

“I don’t know; I saw the cemetery and something told me you were here. Look, I’m sorry about what happened. I should’ve thought about Alex’s reactions…”

“It’s okay, I’m just gonna go home.” She said almost inaudibly.

“Come on, come back to my place and I’ll give you a ride home. Let’s go this place is creepy.” I shuddered and gave her my jacket.

“Awww… Is wittle Rian scared?” She asked as if she were speaking to a toddler.

“Pft. No.” I flexed my muscles. “I’m never scared.” She laughed and pushed me jokingly. We started for my house when Jack came running up to us.

“Brittany! You’re safe, I thought I lost you!” Jack over dramatically spoke and picked her up.

“I’m fine Jack.”

"Say you mean it, Jasey!" Jack looked at the frail girl.

"How do you know my real name?" She backed up.

"I know you better than you think, Jase..." She sighed and wiggled out of Jack’s grasp. We watched as she started walking away. He gave me a quizzical look.

“I don’t know. Alex really got to her.” I sighed before following the ever so broken girl.

Alex-

I stood there being lectured by Zack as we went into search for her. he made a sly comment about me liking her. He claims I act like I'm still in kindergarten by the way I act around her. He says I "like" her. I do not. He also said I need to grow up and be a man.
♠ ♠ ♠
So! Here's the deal. I'm leaving to go back to school, tonight/tomorrow morning. I won't have that much time to keep up dating so I apologize in advance. I will try my best to update as much as I can. Between work, class and studying. Then trying to stay healthy and what not.... Anyway! My next thing is, would y'all like to see a story about the LOVELY

|Martin Broda (Abandon All Ships)|

Image