Velvet Crowbar

seven.

Pacing the hallway anxiously, Emma’s eyes jumped from person to person. Keeping tears at bay, the brunette took deep, heavy breaths to keep herself calm. “Where’s my phone? Has anyone tried calling him? Maybe the flight was just delayed and he’s on his way now.”

With the sun pouring through the bare window, Tommy squinted and rubbed his eyes before reaching over to the bedside table for his cell phone. The spot in bed beside him was cold, but obviously slept in. As he flipped open his ancient cell phone, the fighter saw several missed calls and even more unanswered text messages. The shower shut off and moments later, an attractive blonde sauntered back into the room with a fluffy white towel wrapped loosely around her slender body.

Without the annoying feeling of the elastic band from his boxers around his waist, Tommy’s eyebrows shot up as he groaned heavily. “We didn’t fuck if that’s what you’re over there groaning about.” The blonde dropped her towel and pulled her hair into a high pony tail, “You couldn’t get it up. I won’t tell anyone, don’t worry.” She stepped into her black lacy panties that had been abandon by the door and grabbed her dress off the arm chair.

Tommy didn’t say anything, just watched the girl put herself together and step out of the room with a wink.


Tess sent her husband a nervous glance as Paddy fumbled around with his brick like cell phone. Brendan pulled Tess aside and ran his hands over his face. He shoved his new iPhone into his wife’s hands after pulling up an e-mail from Frank. “That fucking idiot has no idea about this. He’s still got one of those fucking bricks like Pop.”

“Holy. Shit.” Tess gasped, her eyes dropping to the attachment in Frank’s e-mail. It was a photo someone had sent him on one of his social media site- Tommy, hand in hand with a very voluptuous blonde. Tess glanced over at the bride who had cornered Paddy as the old man held his phone up to his ear.

Paddy shook his head sadly as he only got his son’s voice message for the fifth time. The brunette moved away from the aged man and felt her bottom lip quiver. Her tears could only stay at bay for so long. “So that’s it then...” She said to no one in particular.

“I’m still trying him.” Brendan called out holding his phone up to his ear.

Emma looked at the older Conlon and shook her head, “Don’t bother. He isn’t coming.” She walked down the hallway away from the rest of the bridal party and pulled the crown of flowers off her head. Back inside the dressing room, Emma unzipped herself and quickly changed back into her baggy track pants and old t-shirt before stepping over the dress that lay on the floor in a depressing heap of white fabric.

Reemerging from the private room, Emma walked back over to Paddy asking him to bring her back to the apartment. Brendan and Tess were in the process of announcing the news to all the guests. “You deserve better than my bastard son.” Paddy said in his rough voice once they hit the road.

Emma shook her head, “I don’t want to hear it right now, Paddy... please.”

The war veteran nodded, reaching over the center console to place a heavy hand on her leg to just let her know he was thinking about her. Once they arrived back at the apartment, Emma got out and walked right to the door telling Paddy it was alright for him to leave, ignoring his question about what she was going to do next.

The elevator ride felt like centuries long before the doors slid open to their floor. The brunette unlocked the door and immediately went to the bathroom to take out her contacts. Despite still wearing a full face of make-up, Emma threw on her glasses and grabbed the pre-packed suitcase in the coat closet and tossed it in the backseat of a taxi she had called over.

As she sat in the backseat of the smelly yellow taxi, Emma finally began the painful process of approaching her social media. What had started out as a morning full of congratulatory tweets and comments would soon end. There was a direct message that had been ignored earlier in the day that the brunette was dying to get to. Without opening it, all she saw was the text: is this Tommy?

Emma took a deep breath and willed herself not to cry as each pixel began to download onto her phone screen. It seemed like each tiny pixel took a century to load. Once the photo finally loaded, the brunette felt her heart tearing at the seams. There was Tommy, her Tommy, kissing another woman. Suddenly a second photo appeared and it was Tommy with the same girl holding hands leaving the airport.

The cab came to a jerking halt in the Pittsburgh traffic and Emma watched her cell phone flying out of her hand. Of course, she could have grabbed it before it hit the door with a shattering smack, she simply chose not to.

Walking into the airport, Emma knew there were a couple turning heads. Pittsburgh wasn’t too big and news of their poster boy jilted his bride spread fast. The brunette kept her head down and checked her bag before finding her terminal. She kept her nose in a book and her eyes on the words. Five hours went by quicker than she expected.

Twice postponed and once jilted, a nonrefundable seven day trip to Bora Bora was exactly what the doctor ordered.
♠ ♠ ♠
only three left but have no fear! there WILL be a sequel! :)
born for this

i love you all <3