Forbidden

TEN

Jason DiMera drew in breath’s of fresh air as he lazed about on one of the many lounge chairs located on the Campbell’s front patio. The sun was shining bright, and he found it to be the most relaxed he’s felt in the past week.

“Squirt me with that and it’ll be the last thing you ever do.”

Jason opened his eyes and looked at the scene unraveling in front of him: Brandon was washing the car he shared with his twin, while Benji taunted him with the hose, spraying it in Brandon's general direction and giggling like mad when the other eyed him viciously. Jason grinned and sipped at the Heineken bottle he held in his right hand.

At that moment, Jason was genuinely happy. He was with his friends, who were the best friends a guy could want or ask for, school was out, and the following day was Friday. Weekends spent at Brandon and Benji’s house were always the best weekends. Their house wasn’t even a house, per se; it was more of a mansion. It sometimes scared Jason to know his two best friends were ‘Richie’s’. They didn’t act like it at all, didn’t embrace their background; it was refreshing and gave Jason the ounce of hope he needed to stay sane.

“Ben!”

Jason almost choked on his beer, as Brandon now stood with water dripping from his short, dark hair. His eyes were wide, staring mercilessly at Benji, and the younger twin quickly dropped the hose and made a dash across the yard.

“I’m going to fucking kill you, Benjamin!” Brandon exclaimed, throwing down the sponge he held and taking off after his brother.

“Jay, help me!” Benji yelled, arms flailing wildly.

“Nah, I’m good where I am.”

Brandon caught up with Ben and tackled him, face first. He held the others hands behind his back, while Ben pretended to be immensely offended and screamed ‘rape’ repeatedly. The elder twin proceeded to slap playfully at the back of his brother’s head and poke at his sides, almost exactly like when they were younger. Jason laughed at the youngest man, who began to beg for forgiveness.

“Stop, please! I’m sorry!” Ben pleaded, almost breathless with laughter.

“You’re what?” Brandon asked. “I didn’t quite hear you, little bro.”

“I’m sorry!”

“You’re sorry and what?”

“I’m sorry and—” Ben paused, looking around as though the correct answer was going to appear out of thin air. “Erm...”

Brandon poked at his side again. “You’re sorry and you promise to...?”

“I’m sorry and I promise to never do it again!”

“Good boy.”

Brandon let go of his brother’s hands and used the others head as leverage to stand back up. Ben grunted, feeling grass and dirt stick to his face. He mumbled expletives as he, too, stood and wiped off his clothes.

“Thanks for all your help, Jason. Because of you, I almost became a victim of an incestuous rape,” Ben remarked, flashing a devilish look as he walked over and sat down next to the other.

“You’re the last family member I would choose to be incestuous with, Ben. Can we just drop the whole incest conversation altogether, please?”

“Yes, please,” Jason said. “Anyway, so, what are we doing this weekend?”

Ben perked up almost immediately. “Speaking of that, I have some amazing information that you guys are going to love.”

Jason grinned. “Go on.”

“Okay so, I was in history, right? And I was talking to that girl, Kristen, and--”

“Wait, who the hell is Kristen?” Brandon broke in, looking over at Jason.

“I think she’s that chick with the brown hair and it’s black underneath?” Jason said.

“No, that’s Carly you’re thinking of. Kristen must be--”


“You’re ruining my damn story!” Ben scolded with an evil glare.

“Oh, excuse me. Please continue, your highness.”

“Thank you. As I was saying, I was talking to her and she told me about a party that’s being thrown on Friday at Nate Austin’s place.” Ben looked at Brandon and Jason with a mischievous grin on his face.

“What’s your point?” Jason asked, confusedly.

“My point, is that we should go crash that shit!” Ben asserted and pounded his fist into the air excitedly.

Jason shook his head. “Hell no. What would we accomplish by doing that?”

“Accomplish? Bran, please explain to our dear friend here what the ‘accomplishment’ would be.” Benji looked at his brother expectantly.

Brandon traded glances with Jason and Ben, as he scratched at the back of his head, not knowing exactly what to say. “Uh...it’ll be fun?”

Jason scoffed. “I’m pretty sure we can have fun just chilling here and smoking or whatever.”

“Dude, come on. Stop being such a killjoy and live a little. I guarantee you every person that’s going to attend that party is an asshole.”

'Not every person…’ Jason thought, as Jessa’s face automatically flashed in his mind. “And?”

“And this will be the perfect payback for their asshole ways! We can sneak in, mess some shit up, go through Nate’s stuff and see what we can steal and sell!” Ben hopped around in his chair, already excited by the prospect of it. Jason and Brandon both chuckled at his antics.

“Who can deny that?” Brandon asked, looking at Jason while pointing at his twin.

“You can and do, on a daily basis,” Jason reminded.

“Lies. I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Brandon turned his head, sticking his nose in the air.

“Guys, we’re going to get caught.”

“No, we’re not! There’s going to be like a hundred people there and I doubt anyone will be looking around for three hoodlums like us. If by chance, anyone does notice us, we’ll just split and then sneak back in. It’s a fucking good plan, Jason, and I’m disappointed that you’re even doubting me and my awesome schemes.” Ben crossed his arms over his chest.

“You’re a little bitch when you don’t get your way, aren’t you?”

“I can be, I suppose.” Ben nodded.

“Ah, what the hell; if it’ll get you to shut the hell up, then I guess it sounds like a good time.”

Ben squealed and clapped his hands together. “This is going to be great, guys. I’m so excited.”

“We can tell,” Brandon said. “This better be a good time or I’ll beat your ass.”

“You and what army?”

“You’ll see what army when the time comes, little man.”

“That’ll be the day.” With that, Ben stuck out his tongue and got up from his chair to sprint back toward the unwashed car.

“You cool over here by yourself, man?” Brandon asked as he stood up.

“Yeah, I’m good. Take your time.”

Brandon nodded and proceeded to follow his brother. Jason relaxed again, cracking open another beer.

'Maybe this weekend will be a good time,’ He thought. 'At least I’ll get to see her...’