Status: frequent updating

Locked Out Of Heaven

chapter one

"God....." I woke up with a groan, rubbing my throbbing head to try and soothe the pain. I had a fucking killer headache, which was probably in part do to the fact that it was so fucking bright in here.
That's weird, its never bright in my room. Come to think of it, my bed isn't this soft and fluffy either. I palmed the material I was laying on and picked up a bit of it, examining it in my hand.
It looked like....cotton.
I sat up and looked around, only to see that the cotton field I was lying on traveled for miles and miles, out into the distance.
Upon closer inspection, it looked less like cotton and more like thin and wispy clouds of smoke, floating under me.
Wait, clouds. That's exactly what it looked like.
What the hell am I doing on a cloud?
The air around me was thick and enchanting, and it held a peaceful vibe to it. If I didn't know any better, I'd say I was in heaven.
Heaven, yeah, like I'd ever be let into there. I chuckled at the thought of me getting into such a pure and innocent place filled with kind people. Not after the things I've done.
As I was lost in my thoughts, I heard a conversation being held behind me. I turned around slightly and I saw a pale skinned boy talking to a person who looked like he was of high authority with his work uniform and walkie talkie. The boy looked irritated, angry even. I can tell they were trying to talk in whispers as for me not to hear, but that was pretty hard considering the fact that they were less than 15 fucking feet away from me.
"Why do I get him?!" The boy said, running a hand through his raven-coloured hair angrily. He placed his hand on his hip and cocked it to the side, doing nothing to benefit his already female characteristics.
The authority figure sighed heavily and looked at the boy with a hint of irritation in his eyes. "Because, Kellin, you need to pick up your slack and showing this kid the works around here is the perfect opportunity."
So, the boy's name was Kellin.
"Bu-" Kellin started, but he was cut off immediately by the man.
"No buts, Kellin. Now get to work."
The man marched off into a town that I hadn't noticed there before for some reason and closed the gates behind him, clicking the lock.
Kellin took a deep, annoyed breath, causing my attention to avert back to him.
He marched over to me and stood in front of my body, looking down at me with his huge blue eyes.
"Get up." He demanded, crossing his arms.
I complied and stood up, almost tripping over at the feel of this cloud material under my feet. I felt like I could fall at any given moment, though it was more of a mental thing than a psychical one.
He rolled his eyes and placed his hands on my shoulder, holding me still.
"You'll get used to it. I did."
"Get used to what?" I said, steadying myself as to not trip over again.
"To being dead," he said nonchalantly, as if he didn't just drop the biggest fucking bombshell ever on me.
I choked slightly and I felt my eyes pop open as I stared at him in disbelief, wondering what the hell kind of bullshit he's playing at.
"I'm not dead, I was just talking to my mom a few hours ago!"
He rolled his eyes again and pushed his hair behind his ear, and I couldn't help but take an immediate dislike to him. Sure, he's cute, but all that is masked by his disengaging attitude.
"You've been knocked out here for the past few days, dimwit." He rolled his eyes again, and I was about ready to take his fucking eyes out and hand them to him. I know this guy for five minutes and he's already rolled his eyes three times over simple statements.
"This just doesn't make sense," I breathed out, shaking my head. "How am I dead?"
"You were hit by a car. I don't know how it happened, but it did. Now you're here."
"And what exactly is here?" I said, looking up at him with curious eyes.
"You're in the gray zone, man." He shrugged and looked at me before kicking up a bit of the cloudy wisps with the toe of his shoe. "You've been locked out of heaven."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and sub please!!! xx