Status: frequent updating

Locked Out Of Heaven

chapter five

“Vic… please don’t leave me.” It had been a full day since Kellin said those words to me, and I hadn’t left his side yet. I wasn’t going to leave him after I saw how broken he was; how could I? I don’t know what it was about him, but I was just… drawn in. Everything about him, even down to his spoiled attitude, it all captivated me. Maybe it was the fact that once I saw who he really was - a sad, troubled boy - I felt the need to protect him and keep him safe. Or maybe it was something else. Whatever it was, I wasn’t complaining. I just want to help him, and I didn’t plan on going anywhere any time soon. Right now, we were sitting up in his room as he shaded in a sketch he drew. He refused to show me what it was, saying that it was “too personal”, so I just sat silently on his bed and waited for him to finish. After a few moments, his chair squeaked and I looked over at him, almost expecting him to say something. He didn’t; he just stood up and walked over to his dresser, placing the drawing inside a notebook before closing it securely and sitting down next to me. My gaze flicked up to his eyes and he stared at me intently, as if he was studying me. “W-what?” I questioned nervously after a long silence, his eyes still fixated on me. “Nothing,” he replied, his intimidating gaze never leaving my face. He seemed to be searching for something inside of my eyes, and I didn’t know what that thing was or if I even had it. He just kept… staring. And I couldn’t help but stare right back at those big blue eyes. After what seemed like an eternity later, he finally dropped his gaze and stood up, walking back over to his dresser. I watched him curiously as he pulled his book back out of it’s place and sat back down on the bed, pencil in hand. “What’s that for?” I asked as he flipped to a random page and began sketching lines on it, shaping them tentatively. He bit his lip in concentration and looked up at me, his eyes trained and focused. I’d be damned if I said I didn’t find it attractive. “I’m drawing.” He mumbled, and refocused his sight on the task at hand. I just nodded and stood silent as I watched him draw, noting everything in my mind. The way his hand turned as he drew a curve, or how hard his fingers gripped the pencil as he struggled to shade the image just right. Every thing about it seemed perfect, right down to how he silently scolded himself and shook his head when he made a mistake. It was all just so angelic. Figures; he is an angel, after all. It took me a while to realize what he was sketching, but when I looked down at his finished product it finally hit me that what - or rather, who - he drew was me. I didn’t know if I was more surprised or captivated in that moment, and I figured it was a mixture of both because I wasn’t expecting him to draw me and I wasn’t expecting him to draw so well. Every line, every single line was perfectly crafted into a beautiful outline that went perfectly with the amount of detail and shading that went into this picture of me, and it looked absolutely breathtaking. I never was really the one to find myself that attractive, but looking down at that sketch, it made me believe that I was. He flipped his book closed and placed it on the bed, careful not to crinkle any of the papers inside in the process. All I could do was sit there, awestruck; I didn’t know what to say. “Did you see it?” He asked, twirling a lock of his hair around his finger. I nodded and opened my mouth to speak, but I was at a total loss for words. I just sat there with my mouth agape, certain that I looked like a fish caught out of water at the moment. He just chuckled and shook his head, laying his head back on a pillow and resting his hands behind his head. “You saw it.” I snapped my mouth shut and smiled slightly, nodding again. He sure was one smug bastard. One smug bastard that I was inevitably falling for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that its been so long, my mind is just clogged up with personal problems and ideas. Thanks for sticking around! Comment and sub xxxx