Status: frequent updating

Locked Out Of Heaven

chapter seven

Kellin and I hung out often. He continued to show me around a lot, and every so often he'd bring me back to his house. When we went, though, he made sure to keep away from his father. I don't think they've talked to each other since that day.
You could practically feel the tension between them; it was like a wire that got thinner with each passing day. I just didn't want to be around when it finally broke.
Right now, Kellin and I were at a place that he referred to as 'the badlands.'
It was much darker than the rest of the gray zone, and it bothered my eyes a bit since I was used to being in bright light all the time.
The first word that came to mind when I looked at this place was desolate; it was far away from the inner city and it rested on huge clouds. It looked something like a park, almost, accept that it held a much more eerie presence. Sort of like a graveyard.
Kellin and I were lying down on the clouds, and I loved the feeling of the clouds on my back. I'm sure I would've enjoyed it the first time if it wasn't for the fact that I was disoriented with a killer headache.
I learned a lot about Kellin; like the fact that his favourite food is sushi, he was a singer back when he was alive on earth, and random facts like that. The one question he didn't answer, though, was how he died. Whenever I brought the topic up, he would change the subject by asking about me (which I didn't really know that much about) or flat out act like he hadn't heard me. I knew he did, though; the sad look in his eyes always returned when I asked. I didn't like seeing him like that, but I was really curious and it got the best of me every time.
I turned to face him, and he did the same. I loved looking at him, though I didn't know why.
Scratch that, I did know why. He was absolutely beautiful.
Everything about him just screamed beauty, and I couldn't figure out if that came with being an angel or if he was just naturally like that.
My favorite feature of his were his eyes, which were staring into mine right now. They were just so bright and captivating, they seemed to draw me in with each lasting second.
That had to be an angelic thing. There was just no way someone could have eyes that stunning.
"Stop checking me out, Vic," Kellin said, smirking.
I looked down and pretended to be interested in the clouds underneath us. "I'm not."
Truthfully, I was, but I wasn't going to admit that to him and inflate his ego.
He chuckled and brushed his hair out of his face, biting his lip. Why does he have to be so damn hot for?!
I snuck another glance up at him, and really I couldn't help it. Anyone would've.
"Yeah, right. You don't have to hide the fact that you think i'm hot from me. You're pretty hot yourself."
I felt my cheeks flare up at that, so I quickly changed the subject.
"Is there a way to regain my memories?"
This was a question that i've wanted to ask him for a while. It's been gnawing at the back of mind and I really wanted to have some clue as to who I used to be.
He shrugged nonchalantly. "You just have to remember them on your own somehow."
I thought about that. How was I supposed to just remember my own memories? Was it even possible? My mind is just a blank; I only remember what i've done up here. Other than that, nope.
"How would I do that?"
"I don't know. Are you so sure you even want to know about your old self?"
I wasn't. For all I know, I could've been a serial killer in my old life. I hope not, I really didn't want to have blood on my hands.
"You're right. I just- I want to remember something, at least."
"I told you about your death. What more do you need to know?"
"Maybe like why I was hit by a car." I rolled my eyes.
"What does it matter? You're here now, and you'll never leave. That's what matters." He said matter-of-factly.
"Why'e you so sure that i'll never leave this place?"
"Because no one ever leaves. No one ever will leave." He looked really upset about that, so I decided to just discontinue this conversation.
"Fine, alright. Whatever you say."
I turned on my back again, looking up at the sun in the far distance. The light reminded me of something, but I couldn't place my finger on what. It was so bright and blinding and I felt myself flinch involuntarilly. I focused on it, trying to gain some clue as to what it was that was bothering me. Then, somewhere far in the back of my mind, it clicked. Headlights. Two bright headlights, coming straight toward me.
♠ ♠ ♠
here ya go xxx