Status: Completed! Thank you so much for reading (:

Catfish

Liam

Thoughts of Penny flooded through Liam’s mind, making it impossible for him to sleep. He’d been laying in the bed of his hotel room for well over two hours, but his mind couldn’t be put to rest. All he could think about was the smile on Penny’s face when he tried to make her eat her hot dog in one bite and the laugh that came out of her throat when she’d actually done it himself.

It seemed so impossible that the girl he’d spent so long dreaming about was actually in front of him, and more than anything he was terrified that when he went to sleep she wouldn’t be there anymore. He wondered if he’d always feel like she could be gone with one gush of the wind or if he’d ever get to a place where he felt comfortable leaving her side. He just wasn’t ready to let go of her yet.

On the bedside table, his phone began to vibrate and he reached for it a little too eagerly, silently praying that it would be Penny. He didn’t know what he’d done to rack up so much good karma, but there her face was, lighting up his phone with a text.

He couldn’t imagine why she could possibly be awake at that hour, because he’d dropped her off at her small London home a few hours before. He thought she’d go straight to bed, because he knew when Penny’s head hit the pillow she was out. This was unusual for her, so he slid open the text as quickly as he could.

Is it possible to be allergic to boys?
- Penny


He chuckled, shaking his head at thought of her lying in bed, typing up that very text.

If anyone could do it, it would be you.
- Liam


He sent the text, expecting an immediate response from her, but his phone remained blank. Several minutes passed with no answer and he mentally kicked himself for saying the wrong thing. Why couldn’t he just get things right for once? He always just embarrassed himself.

After what felt like a century to Liam, his phone vibrated again and he gave a long pause before answering it. He hoped that it was Penny messaging him back, but odds were it was just one of the guys checking in on him.

I’ve got some serious symptoms. WebMd thinks it’s cancer.
- Penny


Liam smiled, rolling his eyes at the text.

WebMd thinks everything is cancer.
- Liam


This time, Penny’s reply was much quicker than before and he was thankful he didn’t have to wait anymore.

Can you come look at it? Just to be sure?
- Penny


Liam couldn’t stop the enormous smile that covered his face. He wasn’t exactly a genius when it came to girls, but it didn’t take a genius to figure out that there probably wasn’t anything wrong with Penny. He had used many a dumbfounded excuse to see a girl, and it felt absolutely exquisite to think that Penny was putting on a show so she could see him. Maybe, just maybe, the girl he was head over heels for was head over heels for him to.

After sending Penny an absolutely text back, he got ready as quick as he could, pulling his pajamas off so quickly that he fell onto the floor. It seemed like he couldn’t get dressed fast enough, and he was in such a rush that he almost forgot to put on a shirt.

None of that seemed to matter though, because Liam just wanted to see Penny, and he was so happy that she wanted to see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took me so long to update!
I went on a float trip and then I was being lazy.
Don't hate me again ):
Get ready for some Liam and Penny cuteness to make up for it!