Just One Look

Three Wooden Crosses

Frank ran into his hotel room and launched himself onto his bed. He was still for a moment and just concentrated on the adrenaline rushing through his body. He heard a knock on the interconnecting doors between his room and the room next door.

Ignoring it, he stood up and closed the door to his room and opened the fridge and removed an ice-cold beer. He sat down and peered out his widow onto the city below him.

Eventually the knocking got so persistent that he unlocked his side of the door, and sat back down as the person on the other side opened the door.

“Take your time next time mate. Good show tonight.” Mikey said as he launched himself onto Frank’s bed the same way that Frank had only moments before.

“Mmm.” Was all Frank replied.

“Great show tonight wasn’t it? Wow, I feel pumped. Pass me a beer.”

“They’re in the fridge.” Frank said as he turned on the TV. There was a documentary on about the Twin Towers Terrorist attack.

“God I hate watching this shit after a fucking awesome show like the one we had tonight.” Mikey yelled from the bar fridge, obviously trying to decide what he wanted to drink.

Frank turned and stared at Mikey. “Mike, did you lose another bet?”

Mikey’s small head popped up from behind the small door on the refrigerator.

“Maybe…I still can’t get over the show tonight.”

“Let me guess? Bob made a bet with you and if you lost you had to say something about what a good show we played tonight, every time you spoke?”

“Gah, yes, and I swear he’s bugged me or something because he seems to know every time I forget to say it.”

Frank waited.

And then coughed.

“Oh fuck. That was a mind blowing performance tonight.” Mikey added, trying to cover up the fact he forgot. But it was too late. Bob came charging through the interconnecting door between Frank and Mikey’s room and started pummeling Mikey.

“Ow!”

“Wow, Bob, be nice. He’s only little.” Frank said, trying to get Bob to get a bit gentler with Mikey.

Bob stopped and grinned at Frank, laughing slightly.

“Hey! Shut up midget I'm not little! I'm taller than you.” Mikey yelled in his defense.

Frank looked at Bob and then at Mikey.

“Last time I ever stick up for you man.” And with that Frank and Bob continued to beat up Mikey, all the while laughing them selves silly.

***

Gerard walked into Bob’s room to find it empty. He saw the interconnecting door open so he walked through it to find himself in his little brother’s room.

Yet, still no Bob. Or Mikey either.

He walked through Mikey’s inter connecting door to find Bob, Mikey and Frank all asleep in front of the Pay Per View hotel porn channel. On further inspection of the room, he judged that from the amount of beer bottles scattered around the guys, they were passed out, not asleep.

Laughing to himself, he walked around, picking up the empty bottles and cleaning up a little. God these guys make such a mess, he thought to himself as he trailed around the room picking up bits here and there.

Eventually, he decided to go back to his room, so with one last look at them all passed out, he turned off the light and locked Franks door.

***

“Oh hey Gee, what are you doing out here? You left the signings ages ago.” Ray asked as he ran into Gee coming out of Frank’s room.

“Oh I was looking for Bob and I guess I was lead on a bit of a treasure hunt and ended up in Frank’s room.”

Ray looked at Gerard in a weird way, obviously not understanding what Gerard was trying to say.

“Anyway, we gotta get up early tomorrow morning for out flight to London.” Ray announced, looking down at their itinerary.

“What time’s early?”

“Three AM.”

“WHAT? Three AM? Its twelve now! I might as well not go to bed.” Gerard exclaimed and he started walking down the corridor.

“Yep, it’s a bitch.’ Ray laughed and he unlocked the door to his own room. ‘I’ll see you nice and early in the morning.”

“It seems that way.” Gerard mumbled as he stumbled into his room and fell on his bed. He kicked off his shoes and stared out the window, at the Paris night sky.

He was not going to be a happy one in the morning.