Just One Look

Seven Days Without You

“Seriously, who makes French Toast with French bread?” Kate complained as she eyed her breakfast off.

Evey stared at her. “Wasn’t it always made out of French bread? I mean its French toast.”

Paula thought about it for a second.

“You know what? I have no idea what it was originally made from.” She thought out loud.

“Oh well. Anyways, Kate, can we please go see My Chemical Romance tonight?” Evey begged, trying to imitate puppy eyes.

“Yeah, why not? It could be fun.” Kate agreed and then the two of them spiraled into a chat about what they would wear.

Paula sat back and watched. She was more excited about seeing My Chemical Romance, than she let on. She never let anyone know she liked them.

Because, liking them was such a teenie thing to do.

But once Evey had left her CD at Paula’s and Paula had listened to it and found it captivating.

And she bought every single album, from that point onwards.

“How bout you Paula?” Paula snapped back to reality to see the Evey and Kate staring at her.

“Huh?”

“What are you going to wear tonight?” Evey asked again.

“Oh, I don’t know.” Was all she replied.

Evey then proceeded to describe, in detail, everything she was going to wear. She was so excited.

Paula just wished she could join in the excitement.

****

“Katie!” Loz screamed as she ran through the door of her hotel room and crash tackled her friend to the ground.

“Ah, shit, my back.” Kate yelled as she was pinned underneath the weight of Loz.

“I'm back.”

“Yep. I can definitely see that. So, how’s lover boy?”

Loz went bright red. Last night had been so much fun for her. It was exactly what she had needed to lift her spirits after Mitch.

“He’s coming to Sydney in a couple of months, and I gave him my number and told him to ring me.”

“You WHAT?” Kate yelled incredulously. What was Loz thinking?

“Well, he’s nice. And he’s rich. He’s the head of paediatricians in Switzerland somewhere. I mean someone who helps children can’t be all that bad.”

“Yeah, they’re called paedophiles.” Kate snorted.

“Oh shut up.’ Loz laughed and threw a pillow towards Kate. ‘Hey wait, where are we going?”

Loz eyed Katie up and down in her jeans and Funeral For A Friend t-shirt.

“Oh we decided to go to the My chemical Romance show tonight. We bought you a ticket.” Kate replied as she leaned closer to the mirror to apply her make up.

“Crap I better get dressed.” Loz muttered as she scrambled through her suitcase.

“Found it!” she yelled as she held up a black t-shirt above her had like a flag.

“Found what?” Kate asked, scared that her friend had joined a cult.

Loz turned the t-shirt the right way round and proudly displayed the logo on the front;

The Used

“You’re an idiot Loz” Kate laughed as she watched Loz take off her shirt and replace it with the black t-shirt. She applied a quick coat of mascara and was ready.

“Lets go!”

“Hang on, let me grab the tickets.”

With that, they ran out the door, and into Paula and Evey’s room, and forced them to hurry up.

And then Loz tripped on the carpet and fell flat on her face, causing her nose to start bleeding.

“Don’t let blood get on my t-shirt!” was the first thing Loz screamed as she fell.

Not “Ow”.

Not “Fuck”.

But “Don’t let blood get on my t-shirt!”

And she was meant to be normal.