Just One Look

Nine Million Bicycles

The girls were laughing as they walked out of the stadium. All the fans at the show were looking so devastated because the My Chemical Romance show had been cancelled halfway through, ‘cause the band members started to fight.

The girls found it quite amusing.

Except for maybe Evey.

“I can’t believe it. I'm so devastated. I was looking forward to it so much.” She cried as they tried to figure out which way they had to walk to get back to the hotel.

“It’s ok Evey, I promise I’ll take you to another show when they tour around home again.” Loz laughed as Paula made faces, imitating Evey’s depressed state.

“This is crap, I'm asking someone how to get back to the hotel.” Kate said as she walked off to find a security guard. The other girls sat down on the stadium’s steps and Evey rested her weary head on Loz’s shoulder.

“Can we go get drunk?” Loz asked as they sat and waited for Kate to come back.

“Yeah I noticed a really cute bartender down at the hotel’s bar. Lets go to that one.” Paula added as her eyes lighted up at the prospect of talking to him.

Finally Kate reappeared and announced, “We head right!” and the girls all got up and started walking down the London streets.

“Does anyone else think its really, really weird that we’re the only ones walking down here? And its really, really dark. Where are all the streetlights?” Paula asked, panicking slightly.

“I'm positive the guy said right.” Kate groaned as they all stopped in the middle of the street. It was absolutely deserted and the silence reminded them of a tomb.

“Maybe we should just knock on a door and ask someone?” Loz suggested as she walked towards the nearest house. As they got closer, they could see the details of the house better and they were shocked at the dilapidated state of it.

“Uh, I don’t want to knock on that door. But, uh, you guys are free to. I'm just going to stand over here…”Evey trailed off, walking away from the house slightly.

“Yeah, maybe that’s not the best house to knock on.” Kate agreed and continued to look at their surroundings.

That was when she heard shouting.

It was coming from an alleyway that they hadn’t seen before. She walked closer to the edge of the alleyway and looked down, to see what the commotion was about.

“What are you doing?” Yelled Loz from across the street and Kate signaled for her to hush.

They all walked over quietly and peered down the alleyway at the men, who were all yelling and pushing one another. The men were only about 5 metres away, but because of the darkness and lack of streetlight, the girls remained hidden.

“Oh my-” Evey started before she was met by the other girls hushing her.

“No guys-”

“Shh!”

“Seriously-”

“Shut up!” Paula squealed a little too loudly and the men looked up and looked in their direction.

“Who’s there?” One of the men asked in a gruff, impatient voice.

The girls were frozen in silence for a moment, while each contemplated what to do.

Finally Evey jumped up and walked into the low light being cast out by an open door. The other girls cursed her as they had all planned on just trying to hide. I mean, what if it was the mafia?

Evey could see the light was coming through an open door, and she guessed that they were at the back entrance to the stadium.

“Who the fuck are you?” Asked a rather timid sounding man.

“I'm, uh, Eveline, but my friends call me Evey. You guys are awesome.” She finally managed to say.

“Ah, I see another fucking, obsessed stalker fan.” The first man said again.

At this the other girls stood up and came and stood behind Evey. They hadn’t realized that the men standing before them arguing were My Chemical Romance. Kate realized Evey was sweating profusely, and shaking uncontrollably.

“You know what? You should all go fuck yourselves. Evey here is a huge fan of yours and just wanted to say high. We were lost when we heard you guys shouting and we thought maybe someone was in trouble. So get off your fucking arses and stop treating you fans like crap.” Loz yelled at them in Evey’s defense.

“No, Loz, Gerard was right. I'm just another obsessed, stalker fan. Maybe you guys should all go back inside the stadium because I'm just going to sit here and stare at you all.” Evey said softly, her voice breaking here and there.

“Whoa ladies, we don’t mind having fans say hello and shit but we’re in the middle of an argument right now, that’s why we’re all a little edgy.” Ray explained, slightly confused at the girls odd behaviour.

“All the more reason for you to go inside. Because I'm just going to sit here all night so I can see you.” Evey said, and Kate stared at her trying to figure out what the fuck she was doing.

And that’s when Kate saw Evey’s eyes flicker up above them to a window high up in the wall. She looked in the window and saw the sniper sitting there, his gun trained on the situation below.

“Holy shit.” Kate said as she sank to the ground on her knees.

“Kate!’ Loz yelled, ‘What the hell?”

“We’re fucked.” Kate muttered as she held her head in her hands.

Loz and Paula ran to Kate who was kneeling on the ground. Evey was still standing still and trembling.

“I’ll go get her some water.” Ray sighed, and he started to walk back through the door.

And that’s when all hell broke loose.