Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Fight Night.

2 months later.

I chucked my phone on the bed narrowly missing Henry.

“Come here.” He chuckled and I crawled into his arms, “you’re beautiful.”

“Thank you.” I nuzzled into him, “I wish I believed you but today I look fugly.”

“You don’t.” Henry pushed the hair off my face, “everything is about to go crazy, you ready?”

“I guess.” I sighed.

“That’s a no.” he chuckled.

“I don’t want to see Harry again.” I sighed

1 month ago

I bit my lip turning the page of my book and tucking my toes underneath the comforter at the end of the bed. Suddenly there was loud knocking up my door, I furrowed my eyebrows together and marked my page before walking over to open the door. Harry was red in the face and pushed past me.

“Hello.” I mumbled closing the door and turning around to face him.

“It’s over.” He glared at me.

“I know.” I nodded confused, “it happened a while ago.”

He looked at me baffled for a second and then rolled his eyes.

“Not us you idiot. Me and Taylor.” His jaw tensed.

“Taylor and I.” I mumbled and he glared at me, “not important, you’re right. Why are you over?”

“You.” He shook his head, “apparently we are the reason she’s leaving.”

“Harry.” I walked over to him and placed my hand on his arm softly, “calm down.”

He pursed his lips together and his eyes met my gaze, his expression softened and he sat down on my bed. I sat next to him my hand still on his arm softly rubbing circles as his muscles kept tensing.

“She thinks you’re trouble.” He sighed.

“I’m trouble?” I couldn’t help the small smirk creep across my lips and Harry chuckled.

“I guess she’s not wrong though is she?” he rolled his eyes, “you are trouble.”

“I think I’m going to take that as a compliment.” I grinned and he groaned falling back on my bed.

“I think we need to stop speaking to each other.” He told me as he looked at the ceiling.

“We don’t exactly have long meaningful conversations now Harry.” I bit my lip, “sometimes we just ignore each other.”

“I need space.” He sighed, “if you want me to get over you I need time away from you.”

“Okay.” I nodded looking at my feet.

He sat up and his shoulder brushed my own.

“This is weird right?” he spoke quietly and I shrugged, “I don’t want to loose her though B.”

I bit my lip.

“Even if she doesn’t like the Rolling Stones or the Beatles?” I asked cocking my eyebrow at him and he shrugged.

“It’s not everything.” He bit his lip.

He stood up and looked at me.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Just because she doesn’t like my favourite bands doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be with her.” He chuckled softly, “however, she has left me so I need to convince her to try again.”

I nodded.

“We can’t talk anymore.” He told me.

“I know.” I bit my lip, “I want you to be happy Harry. I do.”

“Then do this for me,” he sighed, “don’t be nice to me.”

He walked towards the door and I sat in silence watching him before standing up.

“Stop.” I bit my lip and his hand paused on the handle, “yell at me.”

“What?” he turned around.

“Make me hate you.” I whispered, “make me not want to talk to you.”

He considered what I said before taking a deep breath in.

“Blair, this isn’t a good idea.” He shook his head.

“Harry just do it.” I bit my lip, “I’ll do the same to you. It will be easier this way. Tell me what you hate about me. Hurt me Harry, you’re good at it remember.”

“That was low Blair,” he shook his head, “even for you.”

“Oh fuck of Harry.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re a piece of work sometimes you know that.” He pointed at me, “what do you want from me Blair? Do you want me to tell you that you’re unlovable?”

“I’m unlovable.” I gaped, “me? You’re the liar and the cheat.”

“Oh come on.” He shook his head, “like you weren’t secretly hoping I would. You were paranoid the entire time. You have issues.”

“I do not have issues.” I stamped my foot, “you have issues you fucking man whore.”

“You’d know all about being a whore wouldn’t you.” Harry smirked, “I used to really want you back but now I don’t. You’re not who you were. How many guys have you been with since me Blair? You’re dirty.”

“I haven’t been with as many guys as you seem to think.” I shook my head, “I’m sorry I’m not a fucking saint like Taylor. Who by the way is more of a whore than you seem to be able to grasp. How many guys has she been with Harry? You’re just another guy for her to write about and you know it. She’s using you. Playing you.”

“She is not playing me.” His eyes darkened.

“You seem to have forgotten how to play the game Harry.” I chuckled, “I can see it from a mile away. The way she makes you come running to her. She’s wrapping you right round her finger and you can’t even see it.”

“This whole thing is a game to you isn’t it?” Harry shook his head, “you’re loving messing with my head.”

“I’m not messing with your head.” I shook my head at him.

“You are.” He took a step towards me, “you do little things to remind me of what we had just before you remind me we’ll never be together again. You lead me on and then you dismiss me. You’re unlovable Blair. I thought you weren’t. You told me differently and I thought we were in love but I don’t think you’d be like this with me if we were. You are unlovable.”

“Harry.” I warned, this had gone too far.

He walked away and opened the door before looking back at me.

“Maybe that’s why your mother left.” He mused before closing the door.

I stared at the door blinking back the tears. I knew I had asked him to make me hate him but that was low, lower than I ever thought he’d go. I broke down and pulled my knees up tucking them under my chin as I cried. I had never hated him more. And deep down I knew I only had myself to blame, that I had asked for it.

Present

“He didn’t mean any of it though.” Henry sat up taking me with him, “you told him to make you hate him.”

“That was bad though.” I whispered looking at my feet.

“Think of it this way, he knows you so well that he can do that to you.” Henry tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, “nobody knows me that well.”

“But then he should know that was one step too far.” I stood up and straightened my top in the mirror, “he should have known.”

“He did.” Henry wrapped his arms around my waist and dropped a kiss on my neck, “that’s why he did it.”

“You’re right.” I sighed turning around and lacing my hands around his neck, “I know.”

He grinned before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. I smiled before kissing him back. We were back to friends with benefits or as we liked to call it friends that kiss. Sometimes you need a kiss or a cuddle. And sex. Sometimes you just need sex. It wasn’t like I was going to be around much after tomorrow anyway.

“This is wrong though huh?” he chuckled as he pulled away and I shrugged.

“It’s just us,” I stepped away and pulled my shoes on.

“Harry would hate it wouldn’t he?” Henry leant against the wall and watched me shove stuff into my bag.

“I don’t know.” I sighed, “I don’t know about him anymore Hen.”

“You do.” Henry threw a jumped from my floor into my bag, “you know him better than anybody.”

“I’m not so sure anymore.” I stopped at the ceramic box that held my ring pausing.

“Do you want him back?” Henry asked and I shrugged.

“I’m not sure.” I admitted.

“That’s the first time your answer wasn’t no or that you hated him.” Henry noted.

I looked over at him and sighed.

“I wish things were how they used to be.” I admitted, “I really do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still unsure on this chapter. Blair wanted the arguement because she wants him to move on but she's been finding it difficult not being near him so she wanted to really hate him so she wouldn't be tempted to talk to him. He wants to be with Taylor because Blair seems set on not getting back with him...and thats what you missed on glee

Your comments would be greatly appreciated :)

Peace.Love.BeingSickSucks