Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

We have each other.

“I can’t believe it.” I snuggled into Harry and he sighed stroking my back, “he’s my best friend.”

“I know babe, I know.” He kissed my head, “he’ll come around though.”

“You think?” I looked up at him and he stroked the hair out of my face.

“He has to B. He’s our best friend.” Harry smiled softly placing a kiss on my nose, “I bet he’ll be fine today.”

“I hope you’re right.” I bit my lip.

“Stop worrying.” He pressed his forehead to mine, “think of the positives.”

“The positivies?” I raised my eyebrow and he nodded.

“We can tell the boys and then,” he cupped my face in his hands, “I can do this every second of the day.”

He leant down and kissed me softly, I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer as I deepened the kiss. My phone started buzzing signaling that it was time for us to get up and head to rehearsals. We got dressed and walked out to Harry’s car hands linked together. I was nervous as to what Louis would be like today but at least we were facing it together. I got in the passenger seat and looked over at Harry who smiled at me, I leant forward and kissed him quickly.

“What was that for?” he asked as he reversed out.

“Just because I wanted to.” I shrugged watching him drive, “you’re beautiful you know that right?”

He chuckled and shook his head a smile on his lips and I couldn’t help but smile at him.

“I’m nothing compared to you B. You are literally stunning.” He told him and I laughed softly, “you could stop traffic with that smile of yours.”

I shook my head laughing at him, he glanced over at me and grinned before turning his focus back to the road.

“So how are we telling the boys?” I asked and Harry shrugged.

“It’s only Zayn and Liam.” He bit his lip, “let’s just walk in.”

“Walk in?” I asked and he nodded stealing a glance at me before making the turn down a road.

“Hand in hand babe.” He shrugged, “I’m sure they’ll figure it out.”

“Alright.” I nodded biting the inside of my mouth.

“What’s going on in that pretty little head of yours?” Harry asked as we pulled up to the studio.

“Louis.” I sighed, “I hate that he hates me at the moment.”

“He doesn’t hate you B, trust me it is impossible to hate you.” He parked the car and turned to me.

“Taylor does.” I pointed out and Harry chuckled.

“That was cause you have what she could never have.” Harry shrugged.

“And what is that exactly?” I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

“Me.” He leant forward smiling, “you have me hook, line and sinker Blair Monroe.”

“The feeling is more than mutual Harry Styles.” I giggled leaning forward and pressing my lips to his.

“Let’s go face the music yea?” Harry grinned and I nodded.

I got out the car and grabbed my bag out the back throwing it over my shoulder before meeting Harry at the back of the car, we ducked our heads down and avoided looking in the direction of the photographers. I sighed causing Harry to glance over at me curiously.

“I hate the pictures.” I shrugged, “makes me feel like I always have to be on show, you know?”

“Yea,” he nodded ruffling his hair, “I hate that they take pictures of you, you don’t deserve it.”

“Oh and you do?” I rolled my eyes and he shrugged.

“I don’t know if you’ve heard babe but I’m a pretty big deal.” He winked at me and I laughed.

“A big deal hey?” I laughed and he grinned and shrugged, “I think I’ve met bigger deals.”

“Don’t.” he narrowed his eyes at me playfully and I laughed.

“I think that maybe, Ed is a bigger deal than you.” I told him and he stopped walking as we made it inside, “I think he’s bigger than you.”

“Blair.” He shook his head and I grinned backing away from him.

“I don’t think you have anything on him.” I told him and squealed as he lunged for my waist before he started tickling me.

“Take it back.” He demanded and I shook my head tears streaming down my cheeks, “take it back Blair.”

“You’re a big deal.” I choked out and he stopped stepping away triumphantly as I wiped the tears from my cheeks, “and an ass.”

“You love this ass.” He turned around and wiggled causing me to laugh and hit him.

“Come on ass.” I rolled my eyes grabbing his hand and tugging him towards the rehearsal space.

“Gimme a kiss.” He pulled my hand towards him and puckered up.

“You are such a nerd.” I shook my head going on my tip toes and pressed my lips to his briefly, “come on, let’s find out how angry Lou is.”

“Or.” He began and I grinned.

“I like or.” I told him and he chuckled.

“Or we could not go in, I could tell everyone I have the flu and we can go home and snuggle up in bed with tea and strawberries and a movie.” He grinned playing with my fingers, “you can wear my tshirt and nothing else and I’ll pretend I’m not looking at your ass when you bend over to put the DVD in the machine.”

I hit him and he grinned cheekily.

“I knew you were looking, perv.” I shook my head and he chuckled.

“You have a beautiful bum.” He told me a smirk on his face and I laughed.

“As much as I would love what you just described,” I sighed, “we need to face the music, remember?”

“Gah.” He dropped his head to my shoulder before taking a deep breath, “alright, let’s go.”

We laced our hands together and walked into the room. There was no Louis to be seen and I let out a small sigh of relief. Zayn was sat on the stage talking to Liam and neither paid us any attention, I looked up at Harry who shrugged.

“Tea?” he asked and I nodded.

“You know me Styles, I never say no to tea.” I smiled up at him as we walked to the side of the room.

“You never say no to me.” He grinned, “I think that’s what you meant to say.”

I laughed and he wrapped his arms around me from behind as I started making tea, he rested his head on my shoulder and pressed soft kisses on my neck and my cheek.

“You’re awfully affectionate today.” I remarked and he grinned.

“That’s cause I can be.” He nuzzled into my neck as the door slammed behind us.

We both looked over as Louis stormed into the room shaking his head with his lips pressed together. I looked up at Harry and bit my lip, he rubbed my back softly.

“You alright Lou?” Liam asked and Louis shook his head.

“I’m fine. Are we doing this or not?” he took the mic in his hand and tapped his foot impatiently.

“Alright.” Liam eyed him curiously.

Harry and I walked towards the stage our hands still linked.

“What’s going on with you two?” Zayn asked pointing to our hands.

I gave him a small smile and he jumped up and punched the air.

“Finally!” he laughed, “god Styles I wondered how long it would take you.”

“Are you really back together?” Liam asked and Harry nodded before looking down at me.

“We are.” He said softly and I grinned up at him.

“Are we rehearsing or not?” Louis asked and I dropped my eyes to the floor.

“Lou.” Niall stepped forward and Louis glared at him, “cut them some slack.”

“Next time I want your opinion Niall I will ask for it alright?” Louis shook his head.

“I best get up there.” Harry gestured to the stage and I nodded, “it’ll be okay B, I promise.”

“I hope you’re right.” I sighed and he smiled softly lifting my head up to meet my eyeline.

“I’m always right, I’m Harry Styles.” He winked and I laughed lightly.

“I think you’ll find it’s Ed Sheeran who is always right.” I told him and he rolled his eyes at me.

“You’re lucky I’m not the jealous type.” He pushed a piece of hair off my face.

He leant forward and gave me the briefest of kisses which made me whine. He chuckled before leaning back down to meet my lips in a soft kiss, I smiled into the kiss and he chuckled as the boys, minus Louis, let out cheers of glee.

“You better.” I waved my arms at the stage and he nodded.

“I better.” He walked away glancing over his shoulder with a smile on his face.

“Are we done now?” Louis asked, “can we get to doing our actual job now? I have things I’d much rather be doing then being in this room with you two.”

“Louis.” Harry walked over to him.

“Don’t bother Harry.” Louis shook his head, “I don’t give a shit about whatever you’re about to say. I’m not sitting around and pretending to be happy whilst I wait for you to screw her over again. I’m not doing it again.”

“Louis.” I sighed and he shook his head.

“Don’t Louis me like that, I’ve tried being okay with it and then he fucked up and you fucked off.” He said bitterly, “now are we fucking rehearsing or not?”

The boys all looked at each other awkwardly. I bit my lip and pulled my phone out walking to the back of the room and sitting down. Harry kept looking at me as they sung, I knew he was worried about me but there was nothing he could do. Louis hated me. He hated us and I felt like I was about to cry.

xxxx


“He’ll come round.” Zayn told me as we stood outside, he was smoking a cigarette and I was jealous.

“I don’t know.” I scuffed my foot on the floor, “he’s so angry.”

Zayn blew out a smoke ring and had an amused smile on his face as I watched him smoke intently.

“Do you want a go?” he asked and I shook my head quickly causing him to chuckle, “Harry hates it right?”

“It’s bad for me.” I told him and he laughed.

“Never stopped you before.” He threw the end to the floor, “good for you though B, I’m proud that you managed to quit.”

“Right now I wish I hadn’t.” I shook my head and Zayn threw an arm around me.

“You know deep down he’s coming from a place that cares.” He rubbed my arm softly as we walked inside, “that this isn’t because he hates you.”

I hummed as we walked into the room where all the boys were, Harry was sat on one side with Louis opposite him. They were both staring at each other with angry looks on their faces. As the door closed behind me they both look up and Louis glared as Harry stood up a worried look on his face.

“Your knight in shining armour.” Zayn said softly and I chuckled, “he’s worried B. You should talk to him.”

“I know.” I nodded shoving my hands in my pockets as Harry got closer.

“B.” he reached for me and I stepped into the hug he was offering.

He wrapped his arms around me and my face was in his chest. I was listening to his heart, the familiar sound calming me as he dropped his head to my shoulder with his lips resting by my ear.

“I promise it’s all going to be okay.” He said softly, “we have two more songs then we’ll go home and get in bed, we'll pull the covers over our heads and block out the rest of the world. We’ll just be together and I promise none of today will feel as bad. We have each other B. We have each other.”

“We have each other.” I said softly and he nodded.

I wrapped my arms around him and held him as close as I possibly could. I don’t know how long we stood just holding onto each other but we only broke away when Niall put his hand on my shoulder.

“Let’s get this over with yea?” Niall said and Harry stood back up to full height.

“Yea.” I nodded.

“He loves you B,” Niall said quietly.

“I know.” I sighed looking at my feet, “I just wish he wasn’t being like this.”

Harry lifted my face to look at me before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"Two songs and then we go to our own little world.” He told me and I nodded.

“Our own world.” I repeated and he stroked his thumb along my bottom lip.

“Just the two of us B.” he gave me a soft smile, “all we need.”

I nodded and he pressed a kiss to my forehead before walking back to the stage. I walked out into the hall and sat on one of the boxes, I pulled my phone out and started scrolling through facebook reading people’s status’.

“He’ll hurt you again, you know that right?” Louis was stood in front of me.

“Don’t do this Louis.” I shook my head.

“And you’ll just be there in my bed again looking at me like you did that night.” Louis shook his head, “do you know how many times I have laid away thinking about that look? Worried that another boy would put it there. But it will be the same boy because this is Harry. This is what I warned you about last time. Harry will do it again, he will because that's what he does.”

“I think you’ve said enough.” Harry appeared in the hallway, “if you want to say stuff like that say it to me Louis, not Blair. She doesn’t deserve what you are doing right now. Me? Yea, I do. I will take all the shit you want to give me but leave her out of it.”

“Don’t tell me how to be to Blair.” Louis turned to Harry, “don’t you dare act like I’m the one who’s hurt her.”

“You are Louis!” Harry gestured to me, “does she look happy to you? Does she look okay right now? So if you don’t mind I’m going to take my girlfriend away from being anywhere near you. I’m going to take her home and look after her because not only her best friend but my best friend to is acting like the whole world revolves around him. You can give me hell next time you see me Lou.”

“Can you hear yourself Harry?” Louis shook his head, “acting like you’re better than me. You are the one who cheated on her Harry, you made her push us all away and I had to look at both of my best friends be shells of themselves. I had to be there after she walked out on you Harry. I had to lay next to her and hold her as she cried herself to sleep because she was stupid enough to trust you and you broke it.”

“Trust me I know I messed up.” Harry shook his head, “I know I fucked up and hurt her Lou. I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to her. And it will be the rest of my life Lou because I plan on marrying her.”

“You marry her?” Louis raised an eyebrow and laughed a horrible hollow laugh, “that’s the biggest joke I have ever heard. To marry her you would have to not screw her over again. To marry her you would have to get her Dad’s blessing Harry and I can assure you that he will not give it to you. Ever.”

“Let’s go B.” Harry held his hand out to me and I slipped off the box taking his hand as he pulled me close tucking me under his arm, my head resting on his chest.

He didn’t say anything to Louis as we walked away and I could feel him shaking. I couldn’t work out if it was because he was angry or sad but one look at his expression told me it was both. He glanced down at me and gave me a small smile which I returned.

"We have each other.” I said quietly.

“We have each other.” Harry repeated dropping a kiss to my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was so drunk last night and am quite impressed that I updated in that state. I have however been paying for it today. Literally dead on my feet.

Regardless, let me know what you think? Quite a few of you commented on how Louis's reaction wasn't as big as you thought and I was laughing evily to myself knowing that this was going to happen. Is this more what you expected? It feels odd writing Louis being so horrible about Harry but I guess it just shows how much he loves Blair. Anway, let me know what you think!

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! :) I promise I'll respond to the comments on this chapter, i just am way to hungover to do it for the last chapter so I apologise!

Peace.Love.AlcoholIsTheDevilInDisguise