Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Skiing Day 1.

“Now this is a view I could get used to.” Harry chuckled as we stood at the top of a run.

“I know.” I sighed, “I could do this all day everyday.”

“Come here.” He reached forward and brought me into a hug, I laughed and hugged him back hesitantly, “it’s first thing, nobody who knows who we are will be up or able to recognize us in all these layers.”

“You have that orange beanie on.” I pointed out and he shrugged with a smile, “you are lucky you are so beautiful, you know that right?”

“You need to quit calling me beautiful.” He pouted, “I should be handsome, beautiful is so girly.”

“You are beautiful though.” I smiled up at him, “like an angel.”

“I think the altitude is getting to you.” He rolled his eyes and I laughed.

“Come on Styles, time to show me what you’ve got.” I grinned hopping away from him and strapping my loose foot into my binding.

“You know you’re going to be better than me.” He stated, “I’m not the one with the house in the mountains.”

“Excuses excuses.” I laughed, “come on, I’ll meet you at the bottom.”

I pushed off and let out a squeal of glee as I started long leisurely turns down the mountain, I could see Harry in my peripherial and I grinned at the sight of him skiing. We weren’t talking and it wasn’t even like we were near each other but just knowing he was there made me happy. I noticed a kicker just down from where I was and let out a laugh as I set my sights on it, I got to it and went over it using it to do a 360 spin. As I reached the bottom I got out the way and watched Harry finish the run, he stopped in front of me with the biggest smile on his face.

“This was definitely the best idea you and Louis ever came up with.” He told me and I grinned, “you’re a great snowboarder.”

“Aw thanks Haz.” I glanced past him watching some of the people come down, “you’re a good skier, I’m impressed.”

“Thanks, come on let’s go up again.” He grinned before holding his pole out for me, “fancy being pulled along?”

“Always.” I grinned taking the bottom of the pole he offered and he pulled me along.

We were sat on the chair lift and he had his arm around the back of the chair when I heard it.

“Is that them?”

“They are together again!”

“I told you they were back together!”

“Harry looks so hot in his ski gear.”

I looked over at Harry who was watching me, I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged.

“Not much we can do B.” he chuckled, “say hello and ski off.”

“Do you want me to wait with you?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Just go down, I’ll meet you at the bottom.” He pushed the bar over our heads as we reached the top.

My phone buzzed as we got off and I moved out the way and pulled it out my pocket.

“Blair.” Jenny groaned and I chuckled.

“Is someone feeling worse for wear?” I asked and she groaned, “do you want me to come down and help you figure out where to get lessons?”

“Please.” She groaned, “give me half an hour though.”

“I’ll do two runs and head over okay?” I smiled and looked over at Harry talking to some girls, “are the boys up?”

“I can hear Niall talking about breakfast.” She sighed, “I think I hear Louis as well. Why?”

“Tell them I’ll be down in like half an hour,” I bit my lip, “tell them there appears to be a surprising amount of fans around.”

“Alright.” She yawned, “see you in a bit.”

I hung up and Harry looked over at me as he spoke to the fans. I skated over and stopped next to them.

“Hey girls.” I waved and they squealed.

“You two are skiing together?” one cooed and I chuckled.

“Just because everyone else is still in bed.” I shrugged, “speaking of which, we need to go down in a few I said I’d help find Niall, Zayn and Jen some lessons.”

“Sweet.” Harry nodded, “alright girls, have a good day!”

“Bye Harry.” The chorused, “bye Blair.”

“Bye.” I waved and held my hand out to Harry and he chuckled giving me the pole and pulling me along to the top of the run.

I let go and waved before shooting off down the slope, I heard him laugh before following. I slowed down and cut across his turns so that we were weaving between each other which is something Louis and I used to love to do when we were younger. It’s fun to try and mirror each other. We did another two runs before heading back to the chalet.

“It was insane.” Harry grinned as I opened the door, “that guy literally jumped 5 feet in the air.”

“He just used the jump Haz.” I laughed taking my jacket off and hanging it up.

“I know but it was crazy.” He shook his head pulling his beanie off.

We walked into the kitchen and saw everyone sat at the breakfast bar with tea and Louise had made breakfast.

“Oh pancakes!” Harry grinned grabbing a plate and putting a couple on before adding maple syrup.

“Good morning!” I grinned and they all groaned, “I see we are cheery today.”

“How are you two so…” Niall trailed off.

“Because we went back a long time before you did.” I smiled grabbing a teapot and making Harry and I a cup of tea each, “we’ve been up and down the slopes a few times already.”

“Is it as beautiful as I remember it being?” Louis asked and I nodded.

“It’s amazing.” Harry grinned, “the slopes are pretty empty. B and I had like a whole run to ourselves, I didn’t see anyone else out there.”

“We weaved.” I told Louis who gasped.

“You weaved without me?” he put his hand on his heart in mock hurt and I giggled.

“I might take a rain check on today.” Jen bit her lip and I rolled my eyes.

“Nope, get up. Let’s get you dressed.” I grabbed her hand and my tea.

“Blair.” She whined.

“Come on, you know how much I love dressing you up like a life size doll.” I tugged her down the hall with me.

She sat on the bench and put her head in her hands.

“I have the worst hangover ever.” She groaned and I rolled my eyes.

“I have something for that as well if you are being such a baby.” I opened the wardrobe.

I ran my hand along my collection of jackets and salapets before selecting a pair of bright pink bottoms and a black and white jacket and handed them to her.

“They look so unattractive.” She pulled a face at the trousers

“I’m wearing them.” I gestured to my white salapets.

“Yea but you’re you.” She gestured up and down on my body, “you just make things work that would look stupid on a normal human. That’s why an angel is in love with you.”

“Aw you think I’m an angel?” Harry grinned from behind her and laughed as she went bright red, “don’t worry Jen. I don’t mind."

“Oh my god.” She shook her head, “well I’m going to go kill myself.”

“Don’t think too much about it Haz, she says things like that about everyone.” I told him and turned to her, “though she did say that she would…”

Jenny clamped her hand over my mouth and glared at me.

“Don’t you dare.” She hissed and I laughed.

“I wouldn’t.” I shook my head at her, “I promise.”

“Good.” She let out a sigh of relief, “well if this embarrassment is over I’m off to put this on.”

I laughed as she walked out the room and Harry walked over to me putting his hands on my hips.

“What can I do for you?” I asked and he shrugged.

“I just wanted to kiss you.” He smiled and I laughed.

“Well go ahead.” I smiled and he leant down kissing me softly before pulling away.

“What was the end of that sentence?” he asked and I chuckled.

“You are too innocent to hear filthy things like that.” I patted his cheek before walking away from him.

“We both know that’s a lie!” he called out, “I’m not innocent at all!”

I laughed as I walked into the kitchen again and picked up a muffin biting into it as Niall sighed.

“What’s up irish?” I asked sitting on the stool next to him.

Louis and Zayn had disappeared and I could see Liam outside on the phone. I cocked my head to the side watching as Niall bit his lip.

“It’s me Niall.” I bumped my shoulder against his, “what’s going on up there?”

“I don’t think I can talk to you about this,” he sighed and my eyebrows shot up.

“It’s me Niall.” I repeated and he groaned.

“I know.” He nibbled at his lip his eyes fixed on his cup of tea, “trust me I wish I could but I don’t think I can.”

“Whatever it is Niall, I’m here.” I told him and he nodded, “you excited to learn how to ski?”

“I think I’m going to learn to board.” He told me and I grinned, “Jen wants to so I said I’d learn with her.”

My smile faltered at the mention of my other best friend. I loved them both so much but it wouldn’t work. Niall was going travelling for nearly a year and that wouldn’t be fair on Jen.

“You and her get on well hey?” I decided to test the water and he nodded.

“She’s lovely.” He smiled softly looking up at me, “she’s a bit like you but not.”

“I know what you mean.” I nodded, “she’s amazing.”

“Aren’t you going to miss her?” he asked and I sighed running my hand through my hair.

“Of course I will which is weird for me. When I went off with you guys on the last tour I didn’t have anyone to miss. It was just me.” I bit my lip, “and then I met Jenny and suddenly it’s harder. When you guys went off on tour in America it almost killed me and now I have to do that to Jenny.”

“I know what you mean.” He nodded, “all too well.”

“Part of me thinks that getting her to hang out with you guys is a great idea to help her be happy again and the other part thinks it’s the most stupid thing I have ever done.” I pursed my lips together, “I don’t want to leave her behind Niall.”

“Nor do I.” he said quietly and I chose to ignore it.

I spun my now empty mug around in front of me as Zayn and Jenny appeared with smiles on their faces as they clutched their jackets in their hands.

“Ready?” I asked and they nodded so I turned to Niall, “ready?”

“As I’ll ever be,” he let out a shaky laugh.

“Are we off?” Louis asked walking in with Harry behind him.

“Where’s Li?” I asked.

“On the phone to Dani.” Harry said, “he said he’d meet us at the shop, Lou gave him directions.”

“Let’s go!” I jumped off the stool and we all piled out the house.

Louis laced his fingers through mine and we skipped ahead of everyone happily. I grinned up at him and he pressed a kiss to my forehead with a huge grin on his face.

“It feels good to be back.” He sighed, “we shouldn’t leave it so long next time.”

“Definitely not, especially if we get these three hooked.” I bit my lip and Louis nodded.

“Is everything okay B?” he asked and I nodded, “you’re lying but it’s cool. I’m just your oldest and bestest friend. No need to tell me.”

“Your guilt trips are horrible.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“It’s cool B. I’m getting used to you lying to me.” His playful smile told me he was teasing but it still made me groan.

“Low blow.” I huffed and he nodded.

“Too low?” he asked and I nodded, “I felt that after I said it. Good to know though.”

I laughed at him and he gave me a lopsided smile.

“Come on B.” he tugged at my hand and I sighed.

“It’s Jen and Niall.” I bit my lip and he nodded.

“I thought it might be.” He glanced over his shoulder and we both watched as Niall tackled Jenny into a pile of snow the pair cackling with laughter.

“We’re going away.” I said quietly.

“I know.” He nodded.

“He likes her.” I bit my lip, “he pretty much just told me so.”

“It’s hardly the shock of the century.” He rolled his eyes and I nodded, “if it’s meant to be it will be.”

“Sure.” I nodded and let go of Louis’s hand as we got to the shop to kit the others out.

Louis, Harry and I left our boards and ski’s outside and followed everyone into the shop. I was running my hands over a board when I felt Harry next to me.

“Where is my girlfriend?” he asked quietly and I raised an eyebrow, “cause she would have a smile on her face right now, not a frown. She would be excited about getting her friends into a sport she loved. I also have never seen her shop without a smile.”

“I shop when I have stuff on my mind too.” I pursed my lips together.

“Niall and Jenny will work it all out on their own B.” he sighed and I raised an eyebrow at him, “I know you Blair, this is all you are going to think about until it’s sorted.”

“Either way one of my friends is going to end up hurt.” I huffed and Harry bit his lip, “what? What’s that look?”

“I have a plan in the works.” He admitted and my eyebrows shot up.

“You aren’t the planning type.” I eyed him suspiciously.

“Yea I am.” He chuckled, “my plans normally work out as well.”

“So what’s the plan batman?” I asked and he shifted, “you are going to tell me right?”

“Only if you tell me the end of that sentence.” He smirked and I pursed my lips together.

“Will you tell Jen you know?” I asked and he shook his head, “promise?”

“Promise.” He nodded.

“It’s a bit of a thing really, she has this idea that we have what she likes to call ‘nasty Styles sex’. She says she would climb you like a fucking wall.” I chuckled as his eyes widened.

“Nasty Styles sex?” he cocked his eyebrow at me a smirk forming on his lips, “what have you told her about our sex life?”

“Nothing.” I chuckled, “she got that all from your vibe.”

“Sick.” He nodded with a grin and I laughed.

“So are you going to tell me?” I asked and he nodded.

“Okay, the night we came to yours Jen said she could come hang out cause her internship had fallen through. Right?” he asked and I nodded my eyebrows furrowed together, “she wants to work in PR and obviously we have a lot of people who do that. A couple of people on the road even.”

He looked at me as it sunk in what exactly he was saying to me, a small smile growing on my lips.

“I’m not saying I can get her a job but at the very least a paid internship.” He rocked back on his heels, “best boyfriend ever or what?”

I couldn’t help but throw my arms around him and hug him as he laughed.

“Why?” I asked as I stepped away, “I mean, thank you but why?”

“I always felt bad that you were travelling around with us without a girl friend.” He shrugged.

“I’m not really the girl friend type.” I bit my lip.

“Until Jen.” He added and I nodded grinning at him, “you told me the other day that this was the first time you had someone to leave behind and I hated it. I hate leaving people behind and if I can stop you from feeling that feeling then I will. Your Dad has made you feel like that one too many times in your life.”

I frowned at the mention of my Dad and Harry sighed shoving his hands in his pockets. Harry liked my Dad but had never shied away from letting me know his disdain for how he treated me. I had gotten used to my Dad not being around or being in contact regularly a while ago. I loved my Dad and everytime I did see or talk to him it was lovely but I could see why Harry felt like that.

“Well thank you.” I smiled up at him, “for trying and maybe succeeding.”

“We then just have to convince her.” He chuckled and I nodded.

“I can be quite persuasive.” I told him and he smirked.

“Oh, I know.” He nodded and I laughed lightly before biting my lip.

“I’m going to go see if they need help.” I went to walk away before turning back to him, “thank you Haz, really.”

“It’s what I’m here for.” He shrugged and I grinned before bounding up the stairs.

“Well look at you!” I grinned seeing Jen in her snowboard boots and holding a board.

“I look pro huh?” she chuckled and I nodded.

“Definitely.” I walked over to her checking out the board, “good board.”

“Thanks?” she laughed and I grinned.

“You excited?” I asked and she nodded.

“Now I’m all kitted out it feels a bit more real.” She smiled, “Zayn is worried about his hair in the helmet though.”

“That’s because he’s vain.” I said the last word loudly and Zayn glared at me.

“Don’t be mean to me.” He huffed, “I don’t even like snow and I’m here for you. The least you could do is be nice.”

“Oh Zayn.” I walked over and sat next to him, “I promise you’ll love it.”

“My boots aren’t as cool as theirs.” He pursed his lips and I giggled.

“That’s cause you’re skiing.” I patted his shoulder, “welcome to a long list of reasons why snowboarding is cooler.”

“I ski and therefore it’s cool.” Harry announced walking over to us.

“Another reason why boarding is better.” I said quietly and Zayn stifled a laugh.

“Be nice Blair.” Harry pointed at me before dropping his voice low so the people nearby didn’t hear him, “I’ll punish you later if you don’t.”

“Is that a threat or a promise babe?” I winked at him and he chuckled.

“You two are gross.” Zayn shuddered.

“It’s nasty Styles sex.” Harry whispered as he sat next to me and I let out a loud laugh clapping my hand over my mouth as it came out which caused Harry to start laughing uncontrollably.

“How did that noise just come out of you?” Zayn asked and I shrugged holding my head in my hands.

“What was that?” Louis looked over at us and I groaned.

“Harry said something and Blair produced that sound.” Zayn shrugged and Louis smirked.

“Whatever did you say Harold?” Louis walked over to us and Harry laughed.

I glared at him and he press his lips together trying not to laugh.

“Inside joke.” He shrugged.

“Do share with the group.” Louis watched me as I squirmed uncomfortably.

“You of all people wouldn’t want to hear it Lou.” I pursed my lips together, “cause let’s be honest nothing makes you more uncomfortable than hearing about us…in bed…together…doing what God intended us to do.”

“I’m pretty sure he wanted you to save it till marriage.” Jen chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“Go forth and multiply!” I told them, “it’s in the bible.”

“You aren’t multiplying though, you’re on the pill.” Jen pointed out and I pursed my lips together.

“Well we’re practicing, I don’t want to let him down when it’s time. We might forget how to do it right.” I told her and she laughed shaking her head.

“Trust me with all the practice you two do I’m sure you’re on expert level.” Liam rolled his eyes as Harry and I looked at each other grinning.

“We like to think so.” Harry nodded smirking and I laughed nodding.

xxxx


“My legs hurt,” Jen whined as we sat at the table waiting for the boys to bring the drinks over.

“Get a drink in you and you won’t feel it anymore.” I laughed rubbing my elbow wincing slightly.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Harry asked sitting next to me eyeing my elbow.

“Yea.” I nodded, “I just fell on it. It’s no big deal.”

“You proper wiped out.” Liam sat opposite us, “let’s look at it.”

“It’s fine.” I huffed, “give me my drink and leave me be.”

“Lemme look.” Louis sat next to me and I eyed him, “come on B, this is what we do remember? I look at yours and you look at mine. Remember when I hurt my knee?”

I pursed my lips together remembering when I insisted on checking Louis’s knee after he wiped out dispite him assuring me it didn’t hurt and it was every colour of the rainbow. I groaned and turned to the side hiding it from everyone and pulling my jumper up closing my eyes.

“Fuck B.” he hissed.

I peeked an eye open and groaned at just how purple it was.

“For fucks sake.” I huffed pulling it down, “I have to ice it.”

“Ice it tonight and in the morning.” Louis bit his lip, “then see how you feel at lunchtime, you shouldn’t be boarding with it like that though.”

“Come on! I don’t use it to board.” I pursed my lips together, “this sucks.”

“Let’s see.” Harry nudged me and I shook my head, “I’ll see it later.”

“Well wait, I know you Haz you’re just going to go into protective mode and tell me I shouldn’t be drinking.” I picked up my drink and finished it, “and I am getting wrecked tonight.”

“Let me.” He whined and I shook my head and reached for my next drink.

“Just drink your drink like a good boy,” I patted his arm and he huffed at me.

“Fine.” He crossed his arms and sat back.

“Don’t be so childish.” I rolled my eyes at him and leant forward, “so did you love it or did you love it?”

“We loved it.” Jen nodded and looked over at Niall who nodded as well.

“Zayn?” Louis asked and he groaned.

“Don’t.” he shook his head, “just. Don’t.”

“Hate it?” I bit my lip and he nodded, “oh, I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault, I’m just not a big snow or sport person.” He shrugged, “I enjoy the drinking though.”

“Love the après.” I nodded and Louis grinned at me.

“Love the après.” He repeated and I laughed as he threw his arm around my shoulders.

About an two hours later my speech was slurred and Harry was still avoiding talking to me. I walked up to the bar and ordered another round and he was talking to a fan at the bar. I walked over and he eyed me curiously as I smiled and waved at the girl who asked for a hug and I obligied and as she hugged me I hit my elbow against the bar. I hissed as I pulled away wincing and holding my arm.

“Let me look.” Harry grabbed my arm and pulled my shirt up revealing the bruise, “you need ice.”

The fan said goodbye and hoped I got better soon as Harry pursed his lips at me.

“I so want to just take you home but that would make you right.” Harry groaned, “I suppose another couple of hours won’t hurt and it’s not like you can feel it with all the alcohol in your system.”

“You’re breathtaking.” I giggled and he couldn’t hold back the amused smile

“Really?” he leant back on the bar and I nodded.

“You always taste like that green gum.” I told him sitting on the bar stool swinging my legs, “I like the green gum.”

“That’s good then.” He nodded and I nodded as well.

“It makes me sad when people tell you off for speaking slowly.” I pouted and he raised an eyebrow, “I love the way you talk, it’s like you’re selecting your words carefully. Your voice is also kind of low and I like that. It’s like a lullabye.”

“You’re an adorable drunk, I’ll give you that.” He chuckled and I grinned at him.

“Does that mean you’ll kiss me?” I asked and he sighed.

“Not here B,” he groaned, “as much as I want to. Not here.”

“Outside then.” I grinned jumping off the stool, “or the bathroom. We have a good history of bathrooms.”

“Let’s go get you some fresh air yea?” he chuckled walking over to the table and saying something to the boys and grabbing our coats.

He walked over to me pulling his coat on and then held mine out to step into, he zipped it up for me and I grinned as he pulled his beanie onto my head.

“That’s going to mess up my hair.” I told him and he chuckled.

“I’m sure you will still look beautiful.” He told me before walking towards the door.

I followed him out and gasped at the cold causing him to laugh softly.

“Come here,” he held his hand out and pulled me down the side of the building wrapping his arms around me.

“Where is my kiss?” I asked and he laughed before pressing his lips to mine.

I reached up and pulled him closer, he pulled away from me and I huffed before going onto my top toes and reattaching our lips. I was never satisfied with just one kiss from him, I always needed more of him.

“You okay?” he asked as I pulled away and I nodded.

“Green gum.” I grinned and he laughed, “my head is spinning.”

“Maybe it’s time to go back?” he suggested and I bit my lip before nodding.

xxxx


“Leave me be,” I groaned and Harry laughed.

“It’s 10 B, time to hit the slopes.” He stroked my head and I groaned into the pillow.

“Leave me behind.” I told him and he sighed.

“Drink this.” He handed me a drink and finished it handing the glass back to him, “alright I’m going to get you a muffin and you’re eating it before I go out.”

“Leave me to die.” I groaned and he laughed.

I heard him leave the room and my phone buzzed, I picked it up and it was from my Dad’s secretary.

You’re Dad has just read this article and seems pretty pissed off. Just thought I’d warn you.
Attached was a magazine article, I clicked on it before yawning.

One Direction hit the slopes.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate just how hot these boys look in ski gear? We literally squealed at the sight of them and then we spotted a very familiar face and got even more excited. The boys are off on a break before tour to the beautiful Blair Monroe’s chalet in Chamonix. We have sources over there that have spotted her out with the boys and snapped photos. They appear to have a fellow female companion as well who was spotted getting cozy with our favourite Irishman. It was Blair however that kept our attention as she’s been spotted spending a lot of her time with her ex boyfriend. Out of the two nights that the group has been there the pair has ducked out early together both times, surely they can’t both just have the same sleeping habits? Harry and Blair were also snapped getting close by many of our sources and they do say a picture says a thousand words and well…standing that close to Harry on top of a mountain would have made us go weak at the knees too so we guess it was nice of Harry to put his arms around Blair to keep her steady on her feet. We so want to believe that this is finally the Stlonroe reunion that we have been waiting for.


“Here you go.” Harry appeared with the muffin and I shoved the phone at him groaning, “what is this?”

“This is why my Dad is about to ring me.” I groaned shoving a piece of muffin my my mouth, “I’m hungover, my arm hurts and now my Dad is about to go ape shit at me. This day fucking sucks already.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the longest chapter I have ever written and it is utter shit. It does bring up a couple of things that needed to be put in for the future of the story.

Favourite moments? Some comments would be lovely to distract me from my shitty mood. I also need to decide how long to make this story as i have a plot twist that I'm unsure whether to include or not, I'm leaning to yes but I'm not sure as it will bump this story up to being about 50-60 chaptes in total and I think that's quite long. I dont know.

I'm up late and it sucks. Being home is harder than i thought it would be.

Peace.Love.ChinUpPrincessYourTiaraIsFalling