Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

2 months later

2 months later.

I walked into the green room and placed my hands on my hips surveying the boys.

“You are missing a member.” I told them and they chuckled.

“He’ll be here.” Liam nodded.

I sighed and dropped to sit next to Niall in the corner of the room as we waited for Harry to arrive. He walked in a couple of minutes later with his hand laced with another girls. I bit my lip and looked at Niall who raised an eyebrow at me. I tried not to look like I was staring as they sat down next to Louis who suddenly looked uncomfortable.

“Taylor this is Louis.” Harry gestured to my best friend.

“Hey.” He waved, “you alright?”

“Yea.” She smiled and I hated her voice immediately, it sounded so soft and sweet.

I stood up and Niall mirrored me and as I moved across the room I could feel Niall mimicking my actions. I knew he meant well. He was waiting for the break down.

“Hi.” I stuck my hand out to her, “I’m Blair.”

“I know.” She nodded taking my hand in hers.

I could feel her look me up and down, I stood a little straighter confidant that I looked fine. I was wearing my rolling stones top and a pair of grey jeans that I knew I looked like I had been poured into. My outfit wasn’t particularly inspired but I knew I looked good. She pursed her lips at my clothing and I bit back a remark on her Sunday best outfit.

“Hey.” Harry nodded at me.

“You made it then.” I pursed my lips together.

“Yea,” he scratched the back of his neck, “I was waiting for Taylor to arrive. We were trying to make sure nobody saw us.”

“Oh,” I nodded, “well I hope it worked.”

Harry nodded and I was aware of Taylor watching our exchange. I could still feel Niall standing on the right of me his hand was resting on my back gently.

“Right well.” Louis stood up, “we have a rehearsal to do.”

“We do.” Niall nodded, “I’m Niall by the way.”

“Lovely to meet you.” She flashed him a smile.

“I’ll show you the way to the stage and we can get to know each other.” He suggested.

I was curious what he was playing at as he looked over his shoulder winking as he led her away.

“I probably should have warned you.” Harry bit his lip.

“It’s fine Harry.” I nodded, “I did ask you to move on after all.”

“Yea.” He looked at me awkwardly, “I like your top.”

“Thanks.” I grinned looking down at the colourful lettering, “your girlfriend didn’t seem too taken with my attire.”

He chuckled light digging his hands into his jean pockets.

“Taylor isn’t much of a Rolling Stones fan.” He shrugged and I nodded, “or a fan of the Beatles.”

My eyebrows shot up as I looked at him curiously as we walked down the hallway.

“At least tell me she’s a fan of Coldplay?” I asked and he shrugged, “you haven’t asked?”

“I’m scared of the answer.” He chuckled and I laughed.

“She makes you laugh though right? Makes you happy?” I asked and he nodded, “good.”

I ran and jumped on Zayn’s back, he caught me effortlessly and laughed as I rested my face in his neck.

“Let’s go out tonight. Just you me and maybe Niall if we let him.” I mumbled and felt him nodd.

“No Louis?” he asked and I shook my head.

“El is coming out and I want to get blinding drunk. No judgments.” I told him and he nodded.

“This have anything to do with the girl?” he asked and I shook my head, “I’ll pretend to believe you.”

“Thank you.” I grinned

Zayn put me down as we reached the stage and I rolled my eyes as he pretended like I had broken his back. I went and sat down at the front of the stage grabbing my notepad from the side of the stage. Taylor sat next to me and I tried my best to block her out as she grinned up at Harry.

“You used to date didn’t you?” she turned to look at me and I nodded my eyes suddenly fixed on Zayn’s movements, “why did it end?”

“It just did.” I shrugged.

“There must have been a reason.” She wasn’t even glancing at the stage anymore, her gaze was fixed on me, “what was it?”

“If it matters that much to you ask Harry.” I shrugged, I could see Harry looking at us curiously.

“Will he tell me?” she pressed.

“Look Taylor,” I finally looked at her, “Harry and I broke up. We are finished. So if you want to know why ask Harry. If he wants to tell you he will. I’m not going to sit here and confide in you about our relationship because dispite what everybody would like to think, it was ours. Nobody else’s. It’s done now. Don’t try and be my best friend, I have plenty already.”

I stood up and walked away. I pulled my phone out and walked into the green room laying on the sofa.

“Blair!” she sounded breathless.

“Hey Jen.” I bit my lip, “what are you up to?”

“Henry, Dave and I are attempting to making hash brownies.” She told me and I laughed.

“Open all the windows.” I grinned.

“Course.” She chuckled, “what are you up to?”

“You’ll never guess what’s happened to me today.” I pursed my lips together.

“Liam likes you?” she ventured and I laughed loudly, “so that was a no?”

“You’re high already huh?” I giggled.

“What happened?” she asked.

“Harry brought a girl to rehearsals.” I told her and she gasped, “Taylor Swift.”

“Swift?” she seemed shocked, “she doesn’t strike me as his type. What a dick. I can’t believe he brought her along knowing you’d be there.”

“Calm down.” I shook my head, “I’m not annoyed he brought her. She however is annoying.”

“Oh shock horror Blair doesn’t like a girl Harry’s seeing.” She chuckled and I heard noises in the background, “the boys are also shocked.”

“You are all dicks.” I rolled my eyes at the ceiling swinging my legs that hung over the side of the sofa, “she was asking about mine and Harry’s relationship though. Like I was her fucking best mate.”

“Did you tell her anything?” Jen asked.

“Fuck no. Harry can do his own dirty work.” I bit my lip, “I proper flipped on her though.”

“Did she deserve it?” she asked.

I hummed and Jenny chuckled.

“Not really then?” I could practically see her raising her eyebrow at me.

“I don’t know.” I sighed, “it’s weird though right? I just met her and she’s asking for details for details on our relationship? Who does that? I get that she’s probably curious but jeez they’ve probably only being seeing each other for like a week.”

“Blair.” Jenny said softly.

“Sorry.” I bit my lip, “I was rambling huh?”

“It’s a little intense I’ll give you that. But you wanted this.” She reminded me softly, “you wanted him to move on.”

“I know.” I closed my eyes.

“Isn’t Ed friends with her?” Jen asked and I hummed, “she can’t be that bad then. If Ed likes her.”

“Ed still likes watching the Hills.” I rolled my eyes “even on box set. Sometimes his judgment is a bit questionable,”

Jenny laughed and I sighed.

“I need to go.” I told her, “I’ll ring you tomorrow and you can complain to me about something.”

“Okay.” She laughed.

“I promise I won’t go on about Harry again.” I told her, “for fucks sake how is this still happening!”

Jenny laughed and I groaned.

“Stupid Styles.” I mumbled sitting up.

“I love you Blair.” She told me.

“I love you too.” I smiled and I heard voices in the background

“The boys say hello.” She relayed

“Tell Henry I’ll ring him.” I pursed my lips together, “I miss him.”

Jenny hummed and I giggled.

“In more ways then one.” I grinned as she groaned, “bye Jenny.”

“Bye Blair.” She hung up and I stared down at my phone flipping it around in my hands a few times.

I stood up and walked to the side of the stage and saw that Taylor was on the other side talking to Harry. Louis spotted me and grabbed my hand spinning me around until I burst out laughing. Taylor’s head snapped over to look at me at the same time that Harry’s did but they were both wearing very different expressions. Harry looked amused and Taylor looked like she thought we were being immature.

“You’re lovely.” I told Louis who laughed, “no I mean it. I always forget how much I love you.”

“Do you.” He cocked his eyebrow at me.

“Yea.” I bit my lip. “you’re my Louis though.”

“You’re my Blair.” He grinned, “so many different moods. I never know which I’ll get, but I love you regardless.”

I grinned up at him before glancing down at my watch.

“We need to get a move on, you guys have interviews to do.” I pushed Louis playfully towards the side of the stage, “I need to make you all look pretty.”

“Girl I always look pretty.” Louis skipped off the stage and I rolled my eyes laughing as Zayn pushed him over.

“Come on Harry.” I threw him a smile over my shoulder and he held up a finger.

“Give me one minute.” He told me before turning back to Taylor.

“So you’re being civil.” Niall threw his arm over my shoulder.

“We’re getting me white girl wasted tonight.” I mumbled and he chuckled.

“I think we can do that.” He grinned pressing a kiss to my temple, “I’m proud of you.”

“Yea?” I sighed, “let’s not call it just yet yea? I might slap her yet.”

Niall started laughing manically which only caused me to laugh.

“What’s funny?” Harry caught up with us.

“Niall’s laugh.” I told him.

“Taylor left?” Niall asked and Harry nodded.

“Shame.” I mumbled and Niall grinned at me chuckling lightly.

xxxx


“Love you Lou.” I pressed a kiss to his cheek, “have fun with El!”

I walked out the room and met Niall and Zayn at the lift. They grinned at me.

“You look lovely.” Zayn told me and I grinned.

“Thank you.” I pressed the button, “I need a cigarette and a beer in each of my hands.”

“You were practically saintly.” Zayn remarked and I laughed.

We made it to a bar and sat in the corner where people couldn’t bother us. We were quite a few rounds through when I noticed my speech slurring.

“She’s a whore.” I muttered and Niall snorted, “what was that Horan?”

“Why is she a whore?” he cocked his eyebrow at me.

“I get it. I sleep with guys. I’m a bit of a slut, but at least I admit it. That’s what makes her so awful.” I downed the rest of my drink, “do you know how many people she’s dated this year alone?”

“Did you google her?” Zayn chuckled and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“No.” I shook my head and Niall started cackling with laughter.

“You so did!” he pointed and I pretended to bite his finger.

“As I was saying.” I pulled another drink from the tray towards me, “she’s worse than me cause she acts all god damn saintly. Did you see what she was wearing? Talk about a fucking juxtaposition.”

“You use long words wasted.” Zayn noted, his eyes had gone all squinty and I knew he was drunk as me as he swayed in the seat.

“Juxtaposition?” Niall asked.

“Her fucking clothes are like ‘oh look how prim and proper I am’ and in reality she’s fucking guys left right and fucking center.” I pursed my lips together, “I wish I was fucking someone.”

“You were.” Zayn pointed out

“Yea but they everyone was like ‘oh Blair is a mess!’” I rolled my eyes.

“So you don’t like Taylor.” Niall nodded at me.

“I didn’t say I didn’t like her. I said she was a whore.” I gulped at my drink.

“So you do like her?” Zayn furrowed his eyebrows together.

“No.” I shook my head, “she’s annoying.”

“I’m so confused.” Niall fell into his seat and I giggled, “is my confusion amusing to you?”

“I fucking hate Harry Styles.” I groaned my head dropping onto the table.

“Why?” Zayn asked leaning forward.

“He’s all long legs and arms with his fucking perfect hair and dimples.” My forehead was pressed against the table still, “and he smells so fucking good. And those lips and voice. He’s like the spawn of fucking satan that looks like a god damn angel. I hate him.”

“You don’t” Niall shook his head.

“I do.” I sat up, “I need to find someone. I need a guy that will sweep me off my feet and make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside so I can stop feeling so empty.”

“I want a burger.” Zayn groaned.

“Chips.” I nodded, “maybe a pizza.”

“A fucking kebab!” Niall stood up, “let’s get food. I’m starving.”

“You’re always starving.” Zayn muttered throwing his arm around my shoulders as we stumbled along together, “I could eat Chinese.”

“Do you know who likes Chinese? Harry. Harry likes Chinese. I bet Taylor doesn’t know what he orders.” I slurred looking up at Zayn before muttering, “I know what he fucking orders.”

“I know Blair.” He nodded patting my arm.

“I’m a saint.” I mumbled, “she was all nattering away in my ear and I didn’t punch her Zayn. I didn’t.”

“I know you didn’t.” Zayn nodded.

“I could’ve.” I pursed my lips.

“I believe you.” He chuckled, “I don’t like her either. She’s all…”

He made circles in the air with his hand and I nodded in agreement.

“I know right.” I sighed.

“She’s a whore.” Niall chuckled, “Harry’s a whore.”

“Harry is a whore.” I pointed at Niall happily, “I am a whore too though.”

“Nah. You’re Blair.” Niall laughed, “I’m not a whore.”

“No.” I nodded, “You’re Niall.”

“I don’t know about you guys but my head is fucking spinning.” Zayn groaned as we sat in the taxi.

“I’m gunna sleep.” I mumbled snuggling into Zayn’s shoulder and closing my eyes, “fucking Harry Styles.”

I heard Niall giggle before I fell to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So wow. I love all of your reactions to the last chapter. It was a little intense at the end last time huh? This is where the proper storyline starts coming in.

I love writing drunk Blair. I know what I'm like drunk and upset so I kind of just put myself as Blair which is bad writing on my behalf really but I love the idea that she keeps linking things back to Taylor and Harry.

Zayn is going to be a bit of a bigger part in the story. I thought about trying to get Liam involved more but he's quite different to Blair so he's more of a fleeting wise figure I think.

I apologise for the time jump as well. It's naughty of me.

I don't hate Taylor Swift just to clarify. I was never a fan of the whole Haylor thing but I actually do admire her song writing. I even planned to use one of her songs as a song Blair wrote and might still. In this story I'm writing her how I need her to be not necessarily how I think she actually is.

Peace.Love.ILoveYourComments