Status: sandeul is my b1a4 love and i definitely want to finish this c:

Dreaming

THE SECOND DREAM

The room is barely lit. She tells herself that she’s seeing things again. With quivering hands, she pulls her blanket up to her neck, swallowing and closing her eyes tight. She’s seeing things, she’s seeing things, she’s seeing things.

“He’s not real, he’s not real, he’s not real,” she mutters to herself again and again.

But she’s lying; she feels him. Her knees are tucked in close to her chest and her toes are curled away from the boy, to avoid contact, but she feels him. His light breathing and the soft sound of his heartbeat slip into her mind and echoes louder and louder until she can’t stand it anymore.

“Stop,” she whispers, opening her eyes slowly. She doesn’t look up; she blinks at her covered up knees.

“Stop what?” he asks, and his voice is soft and unfamiliar. It sounds different to Miyoung – it’s unlike any other voice she’s heard. It’s an accent, and the name is on the tip of her tongue, but then she loses it. She’s confused.

“Don’t talk to me,” she says quietly. She’s thinking, and when she needs to think, she presses her hands onto her ears and she tries not to listen to anything. And so she closes her eyes and blocks her ears, trying to find her voice. Miyoung’s fingernails dig into her hair and she squeezes her eyes tighter.

He waits.

Her eyes are still closed while she clicks her teeth together twice. “You…” she starts, and he turns his head towards her. “You… have a… accent.”

Junghwan smiles softly. “It’s a Busan accent.”

Her heart skips. “Bu…san,” she whispers slowly, as if tasting the new word on her tongue. “Your home?”

“Yeah,” he replies, and something about his voice, the way it slides up and down words in a way so foreign, makes her a little uneasy. She blinks a lot and breathes in a lot and digs her fingernails into her hair again. She isn’t ready.

But he looks around, and the room is getting lighter and lighter. He’s able to see Miyoung a little more. Her eyes are wide and glossy and her lips are pressed together in a pale, tight line. She’s not ready, not at all, but Junghwan’s in a rush, and so he says it anyways.

“Look Miyoung-“

“How do you know my name?”

He freezes.

Miyoung’s terrified, and she starts to pull herself further away. “How do you know my name?!”

“I-“

She starts to scream, and it’s one of the most terrifying sounds that Junghwan’s ever heard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to park chanyeol for commenting! Sandeul is beyond precious ;AA;