Status: i'm trying to write every night but i'll only upload if i knoew people are reading

Sleeping With the Hilltop

I'm From A City Of Light

So far, exchange has been rad men, my family’s pretty loose for a young couple, I'm doing a rotary exchange so you stay with members of the rotary club (normally like 60+ ) host you but I have a couple in their early thirties so they are only about fourteen years older than me. I think they want and idea of what parenting a teen is like before they have a baby, not the best idea but I'm trying not to be too ratty around them. But that’s at home; I'm going to school now.
Walking to school is weird because the cars are on the other side of the road but I’ll be used to it soon. Aannnd, headphones in, world out. Just how I like it.
When I got to school, I was greeted by Mrs Metcalf. I had already met her at my tour of the school last week. Her accent was ridiculous! But then again, everyone’s here was.
With her was a cute girl who I presumed to be new as well, pretending to be busy on her phone but really waiting for some hot guy to come up and talk to her. That guy is not going to be me because Beastie Boys ‘So Whatcha Want’ just came up on my iPod. I was busy tuning the volume up when another equally anxious boy showed up in black skinnies, toms (!?) and a shirt with some band called You, Me At Six on it. I caught him giving me a quick glance and we held eye contact for a brief moment. His eyes were a blue-greeny-grey colour that I had never seen before. I’ll admit they were pretty sick.
‘Kmmhmm,’ Mrs Metcalf had perfect timing, the good part of the song was coming up and she chose now to do her ‘new student’ speech. Goodbye music, hello boredom.
‘ I gather that you three know which homeroom to go to?’ me and the chick said yes, grey eyes nodded
‘Very well then, why don’t you introduce yourselves to each other so you have at least some acquaintances here?’
‘Okay? Umm, my name is Amy More and I like, moved here from Texas?’ wait, I'm sorry, did she ask if she is from Texas or is she from Texas?
‘Matt Lambert, I'm on exchange from Australia for the year.’ Grey eyes stared, Amy looked puzzled, like she couldn’t understand me even though I had perfect pronunciation.. We turned to grey eyes, waiting for him to introduce himself. He was still looking at me. He quickly noticed that it was his turn and blushed a little. That faded almost instantly, replaced by a distressed frown while he frantically checked his pockets. Was he having an asthma attack?
No, he got out a piece of paper and wrote in neat, slanted writing:
I’m Kellin Quinn, I'm a selective mute and I moved from Oregon.
It took a while for that to sink in, I could tell he noticed my surprise because he blushed again. What a cute mute. Haha. Barely glancing up from her phone, Amy added her fifty cents of wisdom, ‘so, umm, you like, can’t talk or something?’ she was already pissing me off mate and she had only said two sentences. Or questions. Or whatever they were.
‘Nah mate, not that he can’t, he just doesn’t want to.’ Kellin gave me a shy but grateful nod. I had just saved him from wasting paper on this dropkick.
Mrs Metcalf, noticing the awkward tension between the three of us said, ‘Welcome, Amy, Matt and Kellin. You already know which homeroom you are in so off you go. There is a student in each room assigned to help you around.’

Waiting for me in homeroom was a short tanned guy and with him, obviously his boyfriend, by the way that they held hands and were practically laying on each other on some desks close to the front. The shorter one, dressed in grey skinnies, red vans and a collared button-up tee with a tacky holiday print on it came bounding up to me pulling the other boy in his wake.
‘Hey! You must be Matt? I'm Vic and this is Jaime.’
Jaime mumbled a ‘hey, nice to meet you, man.’
‘Hi Vic and Jaime, yeah mate, I'm Matt.’
Jaime raised his head and looked at me as he said to Vic, ‘Calfly didn’t tell us he was Australian.’ Wow, alright. Turn the sass down a bit please Jaime.
‘Did she have to babe?’
‘Yeah, guess not.’ He said running his fingers through his fringe which was standing straight up already anyway.
‘So Matt, what classes do you have?’ I could tell Vic wanted to be my friend by how genuinely happy he looked to talk to me. this also weirded me out a bit as I hardly knew him and he was about one foot away from my face.
‘Umm, I’m doing music tech, chem, the easy math, plain English and sport. Do you have or know anyone who has them?’
‘Me and Vic are doing music. I know some new boy is doing math and English and Vic’s brother, Mikey, is doing chem. He’s also doing music but he's in a different class.’ Jaime rolled these out like he had memorised everyone’s timetables already. I just stared at him, trying to talk it all in. I had these two for music, most liked grey eyes for math and English and Mikey was in chem. I hoped Mikey wasn’t as Vic-like as Vic.
Jaime seemed like a nice guy, a bit quiet if you didn’t know him but he had that vibe that he was one of those people that everyone liked and he got along with them too.
‘’So, if you don’t mind me asking, why did your family move here?’ Vic again, now perched on the closest table, hand still intertwined with Jaime’s.
‘Oh nah, they haven’t, I'm on exchange for the year. I'm staying with a couple in their thirties.’
Jaime looked shocked. ‘WHAT! We only have a year with you? But… omg, we have to show you everything!’
♠ ♠ ♠
third chapters written, just have to type it, :)