No Place for Women

Chapter Thirteen

Kili's POV

Fili and I sat across from each other at the table; between us were small plates that held our dinner on them. To my right - which woud be Fili's left - sat our mother who was giving us rather disapproving looks.

Though I ignored the looks she gave me, as I picked up one of the greens from the plate and flicked them to my older brother. He caught it in his mouth without a challenge.

"Kili will you stop playing with your food and ust eat!" Mom shouted.

Her voice seemed loud and slightly powerful; much like Uncle Thorin's. He would always use that voice when Fili and I had done something wrong. Slowly, I sank down into my chair and stopped flicking food over to Fili like I had been told.

"You always ruin our fun." Fili mumbled.

"Well, as your mother that's my job. I'm here to take care of you, and ruin your fun." She smiled, "I'm your mother and you two are my little boys. And I will love you forever, until the very end. I promise."


"Kili, are you alright?" Calili asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I asked, "Yeah I'm fine! Just thinking about some things."

She nodded and continued walking ahead of me. The rain had seemed to lighten up, at least to the point that we were able to see directly in front of us now. I didn't mind the fact that it was raining. It was like a bath in a way; only it was falling from the sky, instead of being in a giant hole in the ground.

Once more Fili and Kila -the eldest - were walking in front of Calili and I. It didn't bother me any because I knew we were only walking in this order because they're the oldest two here, trying to look after their younger siblings. But if it were up to me, I'd be directly by Kila's side.

I mean, even though I had only met her recently; she meant the world to me. Just like I know that Fili feels the same way about Calili as I feel about Kila, there's no doubt about it. Not a single one. I can see it in his eyes whenever I look at him. So I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Though it would be a lot better if I knew how Kila felt about this whole situation.

Fili and Kila seemed to be making small talk as we were walking down the small mountain trail. Though I couldn't help but let my mind wonder back to the rest of the company. What was their plan? Would they be alright finding their way to where we are?

I shook the thoughts from my head. Of course they would be fine, they're older than the four of us who were on our own, and they've got weapons to protect themselves with. If anything we're in more danger out here than they are in that cave.

"We should stop soon." Fili instructed. "Find somewhere that we can get an hour or so of sleep; then go the rest of the way down the mountain to meet up with the rest of the company."

"What about Gandalf?" Calili asked; her voice seemed straind.

"We're not in charge of when we find Gandalf. That should've been taken up with Thorin before we left is you really wanted to know. He will find us when he finds us. I'm not able to tell you something like that because it's something I don't have the answer to." Kila explained.

I nodded but didn't say anything about it. There was still something about the way she was acting that reminded me of my mother. I couldn't tell if it was something she was doing or if it was something in her voice. She reminded me of my mother. She reminded me of my mother, and how much I miss her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another rather short chapter into the point of ciew of the one and only Kili. I hope you enjoyed. If you haven't yet then you should go check out some of my other stories. Please and thaank you :3