No Place for Women

Chapter Twenty-Two

I had been pacing back and forth in my chambers, when Lord Thranduil had summoned me. The sun had long since gone down, and most of the people who live here in Mirkwood, have been asleep for at least a few hours.

"You needed to speak with me?" I questioned, stepping into the large, and rather strange room where Lord Thranduil's throne sat. He wore a noble crown of branches and berries on top of his head, and his white, silver hair fell down over his shoulders. "Yes, I wished to discus tomorrow with you."

Tomorrow. More like today. Sunrise is only a short amount of time away, and once everyone wakes and gathers, I shall be forced to make the announcement of who I shall be marrying.

Haldir or Legolas.

"I thought you did. What is it that is on your mind, my Lord?" I looked up to where he had been sitting. Well more like laying. He had been oddly reclined in the chair. Sitting in it sideways, and leaning back, his legs over one of the arm rests, giving him even more room to stretch out his tall figure. But in the blink of an eye, he was standing before me, walking down the stairs closer to where I stood.

"My son, Legolas, has seemed to take a certain, liking, to you. Wouldn't you say?" He had a certain tone in his voice that I wasn't too sure what it was. But he was right, Legolas and I had grown closer, as a result of spending time together yesterday. "Yes." I nodded quickly. Maybe a bit too quickly.

"It seems you have been put in an extraordinary position. Being forced to pick between one and the other, it must be terribly difficult. " He was walking in a circle around me, never taking his eyes away from me.

He hadn't said anything, so I spoke. "One would imagine, that you would never approve nor allow your son to be with someone such as myself." This time when he came back in front of me, he stopped completely and looked down into my eyes. "You're right. In many cases I would never allow my son to be with someone so different. But you're more unique than different aren't you? You're the one exception I would make for my son, because I know you'd be good for him. But if you plan on choosing Haldir, then do not give my son hope where there is none."

With that he walked away quickly, leaving me standing there alone with my thoughts. I stood there alone for a few minutes, before making my way back to my chambers and trying to get some sleep.

I desperately needed it.

Fili's PoV

I had my back pressed up against one of the pillars that was supporting the large barn-like house that we were staying in for the night.

Calili was laying pressed up against me, with one of her hands on top of my stomach, while she had her head laying on my chest. She's always been so peaceful when she's sleeping, or at least she was before Kila left us. Ever since then, it seems like her nightmares get worse and worse with each passing night.

To the point that one night she woke up while Dwalin was on watch, and she was crying. He had gotten her to sit next to him, and he sang her a lullaby until she fell asleep. I'm pretty sure if he knew that I had witnessed that, he'd probably kill me.

Calili suddenly start shifting, where she was laying. Her hand was twitching and there was a small whimpering sound coming from her.

I immediately wrapped my fingers around her hand and shook her lightly. "Calili, wake up. You're having a nightmare, wake up." I urged her, still shaking her lightly until she finally woke up. She immediately wrapped her arms around my neck and clung to me. "I was so scared." She whispered. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto my lap, "Don't be scared. Nothing's going to happen, I promise. I'm never going to let anyone or anything hurt you."

She was looking into my eyes with a slightly scared look, and I looked into hers with the same look. I wanted to kiss her, so badly. I wanted her to know that I care. That I'm here for her. That I wouldn't let any harm come to her.

So that's what I did. I leaned forward, and pressed my lips against hers. She seemed slightly hesitant at first before I felt her hand stop shaking and she kissed me back.

I knew that the sun would be coming up soon, and that we would be leaving then. "Try to get some sleep. And remember, I'm right here, you're safe." I whispered as I pulled away from her. "Alright." She smiled.

She nodded her head before leaning it back down on my shoulder, and closing her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I saw DoS and...holy shit. That's ALL I have to say. Just HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

here's a chapter. I literally have all I want to happn written out on notecards so. Updates will be flying in (maybe) and I hope to hear from my readers :3