No Place for Women

Chapter Twenty-Three

Calili's PoV

I stood next to the pony that I had been riding throughout the morning, and had my fingers fumbling together. The words that Beorn spoke to us this morning, were fresh in my mind still.

"I do not like Dwarves, but I do not like Orcs even more. What is it that you need?"

You could tell he was truthful just in the way that he was speaking. There was no doubt about it. We could definitely trust him about this. He had provided us with water and bread, and a few other provisions.

Once we were all ready, we were off.

Now I stood silently in front of the forest, waiting. I had stories of this place and I definitely did not like the look of this place. It looked just like the way it was described in the stories. A terrible place.

Fili must have noticed my disposition, because he immediately walked over to me and placed his arms around my shoulders. "Remember what I told you." He whispered, "I will never let anyone or anything hurt you. No matter what."

Kila's PoV

I was sitting quietly, with my feet dipped into the water of a small lake that I had found the day of my arrival here in Mirkwood. You could see it if you looked out side of the window in my bedroom. "Is it because you've made your decision?" Legolas asked suddenly, where he was up in a tree.

He had his bow and some arrows with him; and insisted that he came along with me for protection. It made me happy, because it showed that he cares.

Over the past three days, I've spent limitless time getting to know Legolas, and since the incident on the way here, I haven't seen Haldir. Not once. And because of the way he had been treating me, I honestly don't care where he is.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him. Sighing, he jumped down from the tree, "Why we're out here. It's because you've made your decision isn't it?" He was right. That's exactly why I had wanted to come out here.

He sat down next to me, and placed his hand over my own, hesitantly. "I know this is hard for you to do, I really do; but it's for the best." Slowly, I watched him leaned closer and closer to me. "You're safe here."

I felt like he was going to kiss me, when, "Legolas. There's trouble, we need you to come quickly." Tauriel spoke, stepping out from behind the trees and gaining Legolas' attention.

In a matter of seconds we were both up on our feet, looking to her. She looked between the two of us, the down to our hands that were still together, before walking away. "Let me come with you." I looked up at him, where he was standing over me. Him being a full blooded Elf, while I was only half and my Dwarven genes overpowered the small amount of Elven in my blood, I had the height of a Dwarf instead of an Elf.

"No. Too dangerous." He immediately said, beginning to walk away from where we had been standing. "I don't care how dangerous it is, I can handle myself. Let me go!" I pleaded.

"My lady Kila. Lord Thranduil has requested your presence in the Throne room." A young guard said, running up to us. "There. Now even if I was going to let you go, you couldn't." Legolas said, sounding amused.

He looked me in the eye for a moment before he pressed a small kiss to my forehead and running off.

I groaned inwardly to myself before walking with the young guard to the throne room.

Calili's PoV

I couldn't remember everything that happened once we entered the forest. I know that Fili was by my side the entire time, and once we lost the path we were on, no one could find it.

That's when he disappeared from my side. I had no idea where he had gone. Everything had been too blurry for me to tell the difference between a tree and one of the members of the company.

But when I woke up wrapped in a spider's web, I couldn't stop myself from freaking out. I could slightly see through them, and see the makeshift outline of giant spiders all around me. They were all surrounding me.

One climbed up over me, and cut the small sting that was attaching me to the tree, and I landed on my back; allowing even more spiders to surround me. "Help!" I cried out, unsure as if anyone could help. Were they all in the same position as I was currently? Were we all trapped like this? Soon to be spider food?

"Please! Help!" I called again, allowing tears to now come running down my cheeks. Spiders. Of course, it just had to be spiders.

Suddenly I head a loud, uncomfortable shrieking sound, that caused me to jump. "H-Help!" There were more sounds that came from outside of the spider web that surrounded my body. I wasn't too sure how to react, especially not when I saw the tip of the blade of Bilbo's sword cut through the web's material.

"Calili! Are you alright?" He asked, tearing it open, and pulling me out. As quickly as possible, I did my best to wipe my tears away, when Bilbo placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Everything's alright. The spiders aren't going to hurt you." He smiled. Fili's words entered my mind. "I will never let anyone or anything hurt you. No matter what." But where is he now?

"Stay close to me, we'll get the others down, and safe. Help them out of the web, after I cut them down. Alright?" He smiled, and I nodded immediately, following behind him.

The first that he got cut down and I helped out of the web was Bombour. He helped me pull Bofur, and Bifur from the web before we finally pulled Dwalin down. "You alright lassie?" He asked, looking at me with worried eyes. I nodded quietly before looking up and seeing Bifur and Bofur had pulled Fili from the webs, while Bombour had pulled Kili out.

"Calili!" He shouted, quickly coming over to me, and running his hands over me, making sure that I was okay. "Fili, I'm fine. I promise." I gave him a small smile, looking up to him. "I'm sorry, Calili. I wasn't there, when I promise I would be, I'm sorry."

"Fili!" Thorin shouted from behind us. Fili immediately turned around and saw that help was needed. "Come on." He pulled me along with him, and we fought together against the spiders that were surrounding the Company.

Though we weren't fighting for long before Elves showed up out of nowhere, slaughtering the rest of the spiders and surrounding us.

We were brought down to our knees. Gloin to one side of me, and Fili to the other; and a tall, blonde-headed Elf came to us, taking Gloin's possessions from us. Stopping when he grabbed the pictures of Gloin's family. "Hey! Give it back! That's private!" Gloin shouted.

"Who is this? Your brother?" The Elf questioned. "That's my wife!" Gloin said, seemed unsurprised by the fact that the Elf though she was his brother. "And what is this horrible creature? An Orc Mutant?" This one Gloin actually paused, looking at the Elf.

"That's my wee lad, Gimli!" The Elf did nothing with the picture, except for hand it back to Gloin. In a harsh manner, before we were all dragged to our feet and through the woods.

All the men had had their weapons confiscated, but no one had ever thought to even look in my direction. Idiots.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys. I probably should've warned you....DO NOT READ ANYMORE OF THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG. THERE ARE SPOILERS!!!