No Place for Women

Chapter Twenty Five

I wasn't sure how to react. Thranduil had listened to my request and had no sent my sister back down into the prisons. He was now standing in front of her, looking her over, while Legolas slowly walked over to me and helped me to my feet. He kept his hand on my lower back as we stood there watching the scene unfold in front of us.

Though the silence of the room was soon broken, when a guard came running into the room. "My lord! The Dwarves! They're gone!" He breathed out quickly. Thranduil's mood changed completely in the next second, as he began barking orders. Another guard came running in, "Orcs! My lord, there are Orcs attacking the West Wall!"

Those were the words that tore Legolas away from my side, and scrambling to protect his home. He pushed me in the direction of his father and sister, telling me to stay there. Although as soon as I was out of his sight, I was doing the opposite of what he had told me. I began running after him, and the rest of the guards trying to protect Mirkwood, hearing Thranduil filled with rage, yelling at me to return to his side.

I grabbed a bow and a sling of arrows, along with a few blades that were small and light enough for throwing, before running off to join the fight.

There were Orcs everywhere by this point, though many of the Mirkwood guards were still focused on the Dwarves instead of protecting their homes. Which came as a shock to me. They were focused on fourteen little men just trying to stay alive, instead of protecting their homes and the people that dwell in Mirkwood.

Quickly, I loosed an arrow, sending it flying in the direction of an Orc that had snuck up behind Legolas. It hit directly between his eyes, and sent his body crumbling to the ground. Though Legolas did not pay attention, he kept attacking the Orcs that were around him. My eyes scanned over the area, only stopping when they landed on a wounded Kili.

A sharp pain echoed through my chest, as I quickly began moving towards him; shooting any and all Orcs that had crossed my path. Though I hadn't seen the one moving behind me, that grabbed the bottom of my dress, trying to pull me back towards him. I quickly took one of the knives I had grabbed, and sliced through the fabric of the dress, before throwing the knife. It stuck into the Orcs neck, and sent him limp to the ground, along with the shredded cloth of my dress.

When I finally reached Kili, he was lying on his back in pain. "Kili!" I called out, crouching down next to him. "Kila? What are you doing here? I thought you were in Rivendell." He asked, the look of pain very evident on his features. It killed me to see him in such a way. "Do not worry about why I am here. You're hurt. How could you be so careless? What about that promise to your mother that you wouldn't get hurt, hm?" I couldn't help but let a small chuckle escape from between my lips. I pushed the strands of dark hair away from his face, and took that chance to take in his features.

He was exactly how I remembered him. "I'm going to open the gate for you, and get you back into your barrel. You all will make it to the mountain before Durins Day." I informed him simply. Before he could say anything, I had pushed him out of my lap, and over the ledge. He maneuvered to where he got into his barrel again, but the arrow that took up residence in his leg, snapped in the process.

I cringed at the sound of his scream, before pulling the lever down and turning to face him. He had reached up and grabbing my ankle. "I will not leave here without you now that I know you're here. I'm not going to let you abandon me again." He spoke, hesitating every few moments. His voice was filled with pain. As the barrels slowly began moving, he reach up and sounded scared, "Kila, take my hand!" He ordered.

I hesitated for a moment. What about Calili? Was I able to leave her here by herself with people she knows not? What about Fili? I simply could not abandon his love, surely he was already worried that she had not returned to him yet. All thoughts left me as I looked to Kili, and slowly reached my hand out. Yet before I could grab his hand, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, and pull me backwards. Kili's barrel had now begun to move away from me.

"No! Let me go!" I shouted, trying to get away from my captor. "Kili!" I shouted, reaching out towards him. I watched, devastated, as the barrels moved farther and farther away from me, by the rivers current. Though Kili still tried to fight against it, and make his way back to me, shouting my name. I was pulled backwards by the guard before coming face to face with Legolas, who looked quite angry.

"She opened the gate for them, and helped the prisoners escape!" He informed his Prince. Legolas narrowed his eyes before turning his back to me, "Take her to the King." He said simply, before running off after the Orc pack that had chased after the company of dwarves.

I was dragged, pretty much kicking and screaming, back to the King. Where the guard dropped me without warning; catching me off guard, and causing me to fall to the floor. "What is the meaning of this." Thranduil's voice boomed angrily throughout the room, bouncing off walls before coming back to my ears. "She helped the prisoners escape my lord." The guard stated simply, bowing his head slightly.

Thranduil remained silent for a few moments, before taking a deep break. "Escape?" Calili breathed out, looking between the three of us, "As in gone? Without me? I'm still here!" Her voice got louder the more realization struck her. "Enough!" Thranduil's voice silenced her, "Take them both to the Bed Chambers. Lock them in. Make sure they do not get out until I send for them." The King ordered. I knew there was no way to get out of it.

Once more the guard grabbed me, this time by my arm, only this time I did not struggle or fight against him. I went willingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I posted anything for this story. Let me be honest with you. I honestly had no inspiration to add anything on to it, I especially didn't after my best friend, (The inspiration for Calili) up and disappeared out of my life. Alright well, I'm getting pretty annoyed with this story.

I will definitely be keeping it for a while, just probably going to try and rewrite it, and try to make it better.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry for any mistakes. Comment or do whatever it is you do, I love you all no matter what. Bye.