No Place for Women

Chapter Six

Kila didn't seem to care about the fact that her life was being planned out for her. Actually, she seemed rather excited about the fact that she and her little sister would be joining Thorin and Company on their adventure. She had her hand placed over the tip of the handle on her sword that was attached securely on her waist.

"I would watch yourself with this lot." Blibo whispered to the two young girls.

"Oh don't worry. I'll keep my eye on them perfectly." Kila smirked, looking to where Kili was standing just across the room with his uncle, and his brother.

Calili couldn't help but laugh at her sisters actions. Honestly, she had to agree that Kili was attractive yes, but she couldn't keep her eyes off of Fili. She remembered the way she smiled when she woke up this morning to find him sleeping next to her with his arm around her. He probably only did it because he thought he'd never have to see her again though, which slightly dampend her happiness; but honestly she didn't care.

Slowly, Kila walked away from her sister, and helped Bombur load up all the dishes and things so they were able to have dinner next time they stopped. She laughed as Bombur talked about food even though he had just gotten done eating. She found the round man funny because of his appitite- though she wasn't entirely sure why.

"Fili, you and Kili will train the girls in battle whenever we stop to camp; that way they're not completely useless." Thorin instructed, grabbing his own sword and placing it on his belt.

"What do you mean completely useless?" Calili glared at the dark hair dwarf, "I'll have you know Kila is the best with a sword I've ever seen; and I don't mean to brag but I, myself am pretty decent with bow and arrow!"

"I think you two ladies wil probably just get stuck with cooking. Now that you two are around, and I'm sure your cooking is probably a lot better than Bofur's." Balin laughed, looking at Kila.

Kila simply rolled her eyes, knowing that none of this could be avoided. She and her sister are women living in a mans world and she knows that. No matter how she was raised, or where she grew up, or how good of a fighter she is; becuase of her gender she will always be looked down upon by the men around her. Though as she stood in that room, with those fourteen men standing around her, she had the urge to show them all what she could really do. To prove that just because of her sex, she's weaker than the rest of them.

"Time to move everyone. We have to be quick and quiet; get out of here as quickly as possible. The quieter we are, the better the chance they won't find out till after we're gone." Thorin said, moving to go out the door.

Slinging her satchel over her shoulder, Kila felt her sword tap against her back once again as she walked over to Calili. She smiled, reached down and grabbing her sisters hand, just like we always did when they walked together. It gave both of them hope that it would be a promising experience for them both; they wondered what would happen in their future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I know I haven't really been online recently and I'm sorry for not posting earlier today, but here you go. A short little filler for you to be able to understand a bit more about what's going on and everyones feelings about it. I hope you enjoyed it. :3 Comments and subscriptions would be amazing.