Status: One shot

Yeah, I Do

It Was A Little Wierd

“Dude what’s with coffee?” Asked Jerricho Cotchery, one of the receivers.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused. Coffee isn’t anything new.

“Nothing it just seems that you have a little message.” He said with a smirk.

“What?” I asked blankly. I looked on the side. We <3 Mark Sanchez was written on the side. I smiled at the curvy hand writing. Then I heard Cotchery let out a low whistle. I looked to where his eyes were trained while taking a sip of coffee. I just about spit it out when I saw what-no who he was looking at.

She was around 5’3’’, had light skin, golden brown hair. That was all I could tell. For now…or then considering the fact that I had just sat down next to her and started to stretch with her. She looked sideways at me.

“May I help you?” she asked shyly. From the new view I had I could see her mesmerizing brown eyes, and the fact that she was Spanish of some sort.

“Nope. Just stretching. Names Mark.” I said holding a hand out. She looked at it unsurely. Then she grasped my hand firmly and shook it.

“Cristina.” I look of realization crossed her face. “NFL not giving you a field?” she asked a little more comfortable.

“Not at the moment.” I responded with a little smirk as she leaned towards her foot. “You like sports?” I asked trying to make conversation.

“Yes! Football is my favorite.” She continued to talk about sports while we stretched. About 5 minutes later she slapped her hand over her mouth. “I’m sorry I’m babbling.” She said bringing her hand down with a smile.

“That’s okay. It was cute.” She blushed. “Shall we run?”

“Don’t you have to work out with your team?” she asked with a hint of disappointment and confusion.

“Not necessarily.” I grinned at her. She smiled a perfect smile that could make any guys knees go week. We both stood. She laughed at little. “What?” I asked cluelessly.

“You're like a freaking’ building!” she explained motioning to me. I then realized I towered over her by at least 9 inches and she looked about 105 pounds less than me.

“Pure muscle.” I said flexing jokingly. She grinned.

“Well since you have so much muscle you should be able to keep up then.” She smirked then sprinted off. I shook my head with a smile and ran after her.

“So how old are you?” I asked while we ran.

“Does it matter?” she asked a little winded. We had been around the track once without stopping so it was understandable.

“Only a little.” Actually a lot. She was gorgeous but she looked young.

CRISTINAS POV

“Only a little.” I was hoping he wouldn’t ask. I’m 16 and if he found out he might just leave. We continued to talk and run for a while. When we finally stopped we were both out of breath.

“You gotta tell me. How old are you?” he asked out of breath. I took a few deep breaths and looked him in the eyes.

“16.” I said worriedly. He just grinned.

“Don’t be so worried. It’s cool.” I grinned back

TWO YEARS LATER

Mark and Cristina have remained friends. Both have wanted more but never acted upon it because well it would have been a bit illegal. This is Cristina’s 18th birthday.

“Happy birthday sis.” Said one of my brothers. I smiled at him. Currently my sister, my two brothers, my niece and I were sitting at the table. Mark went with my brother-in-law to the kitchen. We were waiting for them to come back out. Over the last two years my family has accepted him quite well and treats him like he is a part of the family.

MARKS POV

“Listen, I know you love her. There is no denying it so don’t try. But if you hurt her-“

“I won’t.” I responded quickly. He nodded.

“good.” We finished lighting the 18 candles and I carried it in. everyone started to sing.

“…to you!” we finished. She took a deep breath; her eyes flashed to me across the table, and blew out the candles.

After the party, I led her to the porch.

“What are we doing out he-“ I cut her off with a sweet, simple, and soft kiss. She melted into my arms. I pulled away and softly brushed a piece of hair from her eyes. As I searched her face I realized she was slowly leaning closer. As we kissed again I put every emotion, every thought, every moment of every day I spent wanting her, into that kiss.

“You have no idea how much I have wanted to do that.” I said while looking into her beautiful brown eyes.

“Yeah I think I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Origionally on Quizilla. Wrote it for someone. I actually sort of hate it in a way. But, knowing why is the key! And I don't know EXACTLY why. Help?