The Color Red

Introduction

I like the way the stars look dancing across the dark blues the night sky holds.
The way the crisp night air feels brushing my exposed flesh only adds to the experience.
The quiet hum of human life in the distance and light swish of waves before me, calm my ever active anxieties.
It is here, this very beach, I allow my mind to wonder off.
I think of all the wild dreams I had as a child, where every fantasy was real.
I dream of days when make-believe is more than a child's act of play, but the actual reality before us.
Would it not be something magical to know there are more creatures out there than just humans?
A world where fairies, elves, werewolves, vampires, and so forth are more than just myth.
This is the sort of world I dream up whenever my eyes close.

I know I wouldn't make it too far in my fantasy world, but it never hurts to pretend.
My anxieties would become the death of me far too quickly to actually enjoy any of the surrounding magic.
I still like to think that the world would actually be worth it.
Instead I am stuck living through school days that leave me closer and closer to death.
Between the overly touchy people, the large crowds, the homophobes, and the bullies...
Do I even have a chance?

Just one more year.
That's what everyone says.
One more year past this full of tortures.
Is it worth it?
A gentle sigh passes my lips as I follow the path of a jet overhead.
I'm starting to lose hope in believing it's actually worth carrying on.

I'm sitting on the ledge of the cliff.
I'm staring down at the rocky plain below.
I'm waiting on a sign as to whether I am meant to stay or go.
It is all metaphorical, but this is my life.
This is my everyday.
Forever sitting on the ledge waiting for a sign.