Status: Tell Me What You Think!

Guitar Riffs & Candle Sticks

.01

"Are you serious?" Naomi looked at the four loaded duffle bags Guadalupe had dropped in front of her, "I can't fit all of this is my car."
Guadalupe, or just Lupe for short, gave her a small smile, "Dude, we could just pack it in the back! Emilia isn't coming with us anymore." She opened the back seat door to the sedan, "plus I'd rather take my jackets than your 50 bottles of Jack Daniels" she eyed the box of alcohol strapped to one of the seats.
Naomi gasped "Take that back!"
Lupe rolled her eyes and began loading the car with her bags, "You really think we're going to finish them?"
"Yes." Naomi nodded attempting to close the trunk, "We're gonna be up there a whole week."
Lupe shook her head as she let out a small chuckle, "You're crazy."
"Alright!" Naomi exclaimed once the trunk was closed. She pulled out a quarter from her jeans and smirked at Lupe, "Heads, I drive. Tails, you drive."
Lupe's bright brown eyes became fiery " You said you were going to drive!"
"But it's like two damn hours! And Jack keeps calling my name!" Naomi pulled out a flask and pressed it to her cheek
"You gotta be fucking kidding me" Lupe grunted taking the keys from Naomi's hands.
"And that's how you do it" Naomi snickered taking a swig of her whiskey, "I'd ask if you want some, but my life is in my hands."
Lupe rolled her eyes, she took the hair tie around her wrist and tied her thick black hair, "This is going to be one hell of a drive isn't it?"

---------------

"Cuz I've broken bones for you!" Naomi screamed at the top of her lungs, her breath wreaked of whiskey.
Lupe grimaced at her, "You're making it really difficult to drive you know?" She held on to the steering wheel with both hands.
They had been singing along to Pierce the Veil the whole trip there, until Lupe had to start concentrating on the winding roads that led up to Big Bear California. Of course that didn't mean anything to an already intoxicated Naomi.
"Dude, shut up!" Lupe begged as another sharp turn came into her view. The sun had set by the time they started making their way up the mountain, making visibility difficult. At age 24 Lupe had already been driving for several years but the threatening pits of the mountain side were enough to scare her.
Naomi continued to sing at the top of her lungs, "Fuck money! We want love!" She swayed her arms around whenever a turn came.
"Ah jeez!" Lupe scoffed, "finally!" She smiled once they reached a straight road. It led to a gas station and a pretty big gas station store connected to it.
"Vaaaalllleroooooooo" Naomi smiled widely , "We can get all kinds of snacks and coffee," her excitement for food was too large for her to be sober, "And beer" her eyes lit up.
"Oh Lord..." Lupe sighed parking next to a white van.
Naomi pushed her door open and jumped out of the car, almost slipping on the black ice that covered the floor.
Lupe rolled her eyes, "And... She's wasted." She pulled a green parka from the backseat and put it on before exiting the car, "Shit." She wrapped her arms around herself. She watched as her breath formed in front of her, it must have been around thirty degrees at least, "Aren't you cold?" She asked her friend who was jumping on a pile of snow.
"Jack warmed me the whole way here"
Lupe shook her head, "You're gonna regret this later" she made her way into the store.
A large man with an even larger stomach smiled at her as she entered, "Hello" he waved, his brown eyes fixated on the beautiful girl.
"Hi." Lupe smiled back
They had adorned the store for the season, beanies and scarves were bunched up on racks. Christmas decorations were hung from the walls and a large santa Claus stood next to the entry.
Lupe covered her mouth with her cold hands, attempting to warm them. Her friend was still dancing outside with nothing but a long sleeve shirt on, she was definitely blacked out by now. Lupe laughed to herself wishing she had a video camera.
She walked over to the coffee machines and reached out for a cup, hot chocolate was sure to warm her up. Her Southern California body wasn't use to these low temperatures.
The delicious brown liquid filled her cup as a small smile made its way to her lips. She was still shaking, her nose was red and her hands were blue. Once she applied a lid to her cup, she started using it as a warming device.
"But we're already here!" A male voice came from behind an isle of chips, "I drove the whole way here, the guys drank the whole way here. And we were suppose to get that cabin!" He sounded extremely irritated.
Lupe was never one to pry, but from what she heard... It sounded like she could help.
"You don't understand...No... We had that cabin reserved... Well couldn't you have told us that three hours ago?" He grunted.
His back was toward Lupe, she could only make out a black SnapBack on the guys head, she took a sip from her hot chocolate. It was perfectly sweet.
"Well fuck you too Dylan!" He snarled before burying his phone in his pocket.
Lupe quickly turned out, facing away from him.
She felt him make his way, angrily, towards the coffee machines. She stayed perfectly still sipping her chocolate as she heard him press some buttons.
"Fuck!" He slammed his hand on to the dispenser
Lupe shook slightly.
"I'm sorry." He whispered towards her.
"It's okay." She said turning around.
Once she saw the person in front of her she couldn't believe her eyes. What would be the chances of him standing standing right there? Her mouth opened slightly, but she couldn't find words to use.
"I usually never lash out like that." He shrugged